• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I didn't understand it:
So, all the international travels from the UK are now prohibited (for tourist purpose I mean)? Or it's possible to travel to some limited number of countries but you have to stay on quarantine when you go back? And what are those "specific circumstances"?

Work, Buying and selling, letting of or getting a property ready to be let abroad is an exception. Personally don't see why the latter - an agent could do that.

Work, Buying and selling, letting of or getting a property ready to be let abroad is an exception. Personally don't see why the latter - an agent could do that.
Interesting, I didn't know that. In Poland and Russia it's a bit different:
You can travel abroad to some countries for tourist purpose but you'll have to stay on quarantine when you go back (or another option in Russia: you have 3 days to do a PCR test and send it via a special site: if it's negative you're not obliged to stay on quarantine).
If you are a foreigner,you can't visit Poland/Russia for tourist purpose though, you need to have a student/work visa, resident card or citizenship in those countries.

The cynical amongst us might says it's because that's what Bojos dad got caught doing in the first lockdown.
It's way too obscure a thing to specify otherwise

Good idea in principle, but how accurate are these tests (false positives)? And the lack of financial support for those who test positive is concerning.
I don't know how accurate but those who already do it that I know have to immediately get a independently admisistered test so would suggest accuracy not high.

I don't know how accurate but those who already do it that I know have to immediately get a independently admisistered test so would suggest accuracy not high.

Don't know anyone who has had one. In that case looks like even if it does produce a positive test then it would
Only indicate COVID present and need to get a more accurate one to confirm. What a bugger then.

Don't like the thought of sticking a swab at the back of my tonsils and then up my nose. Wonder how many peeps get it the wrong way around. Lol.

Good idea in principle, but how accurate are these tests (false positives)? And the lack of financial support for those who test positive is concerning.

Pretty much saying it'll be pointless without the financial support to those who can't afford to and therefore have no incentive to self-isolate, even if they do test positive.

With 1/3 of those with COVID being symptomless this just seems yet another expensive Govt. blunder about to happen.

Just seems like they never learn in their desperation to get the economy moving with half thought out mechanisms in place to properly control the virus.

Pretty much saying it'll be pointless without the financial support to those who can't afford to and therefore have no incentive to self-isolate, even if they do test positive.

With 1/3 of those with COVID being symptomless this just seems yet another expensive Govt. blunder about to happen.

Just seems like they never learn in their desperation to get the economy moving with half thought out mechanisms in place to properly control the virus.
There's also the element of "what's the point?"
If I develop symptoms, then I have to self-isolate for 10 days.
If I develop symptoms AND test positive, then I have to self-isolate for 10 days.
If I develop symptoms BUT test negative, then I have to self-isolate for 10 days.

In which case, if I develop symptoms, do I really want an uncomfortable (nasal swab) test, after standing in line with lots of ill people in cold, wet and sometimes snowy conditions?

There's also the element of "what's the point?"
If I develop symptoms, then I have to self-isolate for 10 days.
If I develop symptoms AND test positive, then I have to self-isolate for 10 days.
If I develop symptoms BUT test negative, then I have to self-isolate for 10 days.

In which case, if I develop symptoms, do I really want an uncomfortable (nasal swab) test, after standing in line with lots of ill people in cold, wet and sometimes snowy conditions?

And if they are in an age group where I am unlikely to get really ill (symptomless) from it or die.

Conspiratorial thinking, essentially they are coming in because not ever adult will have been offered the vaccine to coincide with Johnson's opening up plans.

Damn, that's annoying/vaguely concerning - 500k doses to arrive in April, when a few weeks ago we did over 800k in a single day

Not sure how accurate the "omni" vaccine calculator is, but my predicted jab dates have been shifted back by two months, in the last week or so

My dad had his first Pfizer jab in January and now 12 weeks is up and still hasn't had a text for his second jab. I am due to have my second AZ in May Subject to supply issues. But still 53% of population haven't yet had their first. Moderna starting next month in Wales, so hopefully help with supply issues if Pfizer and AZ are slowed down.

My dad had his first Pfizer jab in January and now 12 weeks is up and still hasn't had a text for his second jab. I am due to have my second AZ in May Subject to supply issues. But still 53% of population haven't yet had their first. Moderna starting next month in Wales, so hopefully help with supply issues if Pfizer and AZ are slowed down.
My facebook feed has certainly changed from people celebrating their first to getting their second. With a sizable amount still waiting.

This was always going to happen(the slowdown of first jabs) hopefully your Dad's an outlier although it is worrying.

Sister got 2nd something like 4 weeks after first but I think that is because she was very late getting her first.

My facebook feed has certainly changed from people celebrating their first to getting their second. With a sizable amount still waiting.

This was always going to happen(the slowdown of first jabs) hopefully your Dad's an outlier although it is worrying.

Sister got 2nd something like 4 weeks after first but I think that is because she was very late getting her first.

Yeh, with my dad he's in his 70s and has type 2 diabetes, so more concerned for him than me at the moment. My mum hasn't had her second one either and she had hers early Feb and my sister had hers same time as mine. Seems a little inconsistent depending on where you live. Just got wait and see.

The good thing is UK is way ahead of the curve atm on the vaccine, but still that is only part of the story until we can get at least 70-80% vaccinated. I know couple of friends who are not keen and pretty much don't want it, so if this is reflective in the last 53% who have not yet had their first jab, it may be more difficult to get to this level; especially amongst under 30s, unless they start "compulsory" vaccination in schools and colleges. That would cause a massive furore.

How infection rates rise between now and June 21 and going into the summer and then after all restrictions are lifted - to keep an eye on. Looks like we have to live with this for a long time yet.

Yeh, with my dad he's in his 70s and has type 2 diabetes, so more concerned for him than me at the moment. My mum hasn't had her second one either and she had hers early Feb and my sister had hers same time as mine. Seems a little inconsistent depending on where you live. Just got wait and see.

The good thing is UK is way ahead of the curve atm on the vaccine, but still that is only part of the story until we can get at least 70-80% vaccinated. I know couple of friends who are not keen and pretty much don't want it, so if this is reflective in the last 53% who have not yet had their first jab, it may be more difficult to get to this level; especially amongst under 30s, unless they start "compulsory" vaccination in schools and colleges. That would cause a massive furore.

How infection rates rise between now and June 21 and going into the summer and then after all restrictions are lifted - to keep an eye on. Looks like we have to live with this for a long time yet.
Some scuttlebutt I've heard over the last few days is less of a third wave of COVID but this winter being pretty terrible for other diseases like Flu.

No idea why people won't be keen considering the alternative might be swabbing yourself twice weekly (I've done it once and its not something I want to replicate) not heard of any not getting it but I'll be honest coming out as anti-vaxer is a surefire way to get yelled at a lot by my friends.

Reading between the lines the U30 blood clot issue is actually a supply one

Jonathan Van-Tam says people should be "reassured" that experts are "all over this" and says it should not change the course of the vaccine rollout.
"This is a change in clinical advice for the under-30s, it will require some changes in the way the NHS operationalises the vaccine rollout programme," he tells the briefing.
But he says because of the supply situation with other vaccines the effect on the vacciantion programme should be "negligible".
"Changes in preferences for vaccines are business as usual," he adds.
"If you sail a massive liner across the Atlantic it is not really reasonable that you are not going to have to make one course correction over that time," he says.

Gonna cause a lot of issues I suspect in take up in all other groups who will still be offered AZ especially 30-49 who supposedly are yet to be started.

Latest posts