• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Gonna cause a lot of issues I suspect in take up in all other groups who will still be offered AZ especially 30-49 who supposedly are yet to be started.
Supposedly? Plenty of areas are into the 40-45 age groups now

So parents both had the AZ, how long after the jab should you know if you will pick up the rare clot?
I assume it must be fairly soonish for it to be linked?

Supposedly? Plenty of areas are into the 40-45 age groups now
Everywhere I read phase 2 groups (10 (40-49), 11(30-39) and 12 (18-29)) aren't supposed to begin until mid-April. But clearly a whole bunch of areas are way ahead of that.

So parents both had the AZ, how long after the jab should you know if you will pick up the rare clot?
I assume it must be fairly soonish for it to be linked?

From what I understand more likely to affect women than men. Still CVST is very, very rare 79 cases, 19 deaths in 20 million https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56665517 who had it so far. Giving a risk of about four in one million of developing a blood clot, and one in a million of dying

Also only affected those with low blood platelets. I saw my Dr today as needed a check up and for blood test results. My blood platelets were normal.

I did have 2-3 headaches in two weeks following my AZ jab but took paracetamol and was fine after that. No idea if it was linked.My doctor recommended taking aspirin following my second AZ jab to help thin the blood.

From what I understand more likely to affect women than men. Still CVST is very, very rare 79 cases, 19 deaths in 20 million https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56665517 who had it so far. Giving a risk of about four in one million of developing a blood clot, and one in a million of dying

Also only affected those with low blood platelets. I saw my Dr today as needed a check up and for blood test results. My blood platelets were normal.

I did have 2-3 headaches in two weeks following my AZ jab but took paracetamol and was fine after that. No idea if it was linked.My doctor recommended taking aspirin following my second AZ jab to help thin the blood.
I had the same regards headaches 13 days after the jab. It was a Friday night and I was having a couple of beers watching TV and they started. Thought it was the beer as I don't drink much these days.

I had the same regards headaches 13 days after the jab. It was a Friday night and I was having a couple of beers watching TV and they started. Thought it was the beer as I don't drink much these days.

And I very rarely get headaches as well. I had put it down to working and also studying in the evening. But the leaflet did say it is one of the side effects of the jab.

My parents are waiting for their second PZ jab appointment. Not quite 12 weeks yet but getting close. I keep nagging them to ring the surgery but typical of their generation they don't want to make a fuss or be a nuisance etc.

My parents are waiting for their second PZ jab appointment. Not quite 12 weeks yet but getting close. I keep nagging them to ring the surgery but typical of their generation they don't want to make a fuss or be a nuisance etc.
In this case, they're more-or-less right.
the GP surgeries are snowed under at the moment; and the difference between 12 and 14 weeks is... probably irrelevant - hell the difference between having vs not-having the 2nd jab is only about 15%).

Once past the 12 week period, I think it's fair to contact - but I'd recommend doing so by email, or messenger, rather than interupting what they're doing to answer the phone, allow them to copy/paste their standard responce to a question they're getting a hundred times a day.

ETA: I'd have no problem at all with not giving the 2nd jab to anyone not "clinically vulnerable" at all - whilst keeping an eye on infection rates amongst those with just the one jab; and only pausing the first jabbers once that shows anything interesting.
Far, far better to have 75-80% "immunity" in 50 million people, than 90-95% "immunity" in 30 million (whilst allowing the most vulnerable few million to be at the higher level)

Last edited:
I'd agree but they justified (made what looks like an entirely sensible decision) not giving people 2nd jabs within four weeks in that they wouldn't go beyond the recommended 12. I don;t think it would 'play' well to change that again now.

Now 12 weeks ago was Jan 14th and it was changed on December 30th. So were in early the stages and naturally there a few bumps. I'd suggest it was authority to authority issue. Like I said earlier my sister got hers very early, my Dad was given a date for his a second when he went for his first, wife only 3 weeks in and knows nothing.

In this case, they're more-or-less right.
the GP surgeries are snowed under at the moment; and the difference between 12 and 14 weeks is... probably irrelevant - hell the difference between having vs not-having the 2nd jab is only about 15%).

Once past the 12 week period, I think it's fair to contact - but I'd recommend doing so by email, or messenger, rather than interupting what they're doing to answer the phone, allow them to copy/paste their standard responce to a question they're getting a hundred times a day.

ETA: I'd have no problem at all with not giving the 2nd jab to anyone not "clinically vulnerable" at all - whilst keeping an eye on infection rates amongst those with just the one jab; and only pausing the first jabbers once that shows anything interesting.
Far, far better to have 75-80% "immunity" in 50 million people, than 90-95% "immunity" in 30 million (whilst allowing the most vulnerable few million to be at the higher level)
I know I just fret about them. My dad had an operation in 2019 which left them both pretty housebound then Covid hit so they have barely been out in 2 years. They have a load of caravan trips booked this year which they really need and I will just be a bit relieved when they have had their second jab.

My area is down to 15 per 100,000 compared to average of 30 per 100, 000. Worrying that despite vaccination some hotspots around 90.

Pubs reopening tomorrow. Read in ST that most tables outside are booked up everyday for next 3 weeks. You tried your local?

Spoons reportedly not taking bookings. Look forward to mass crowds outside their pubs wanting to just walk into their beer gardens.

Last edited:
My area is down to 15 per 100,000 compared to average of 30 per 100, 000. Worrying that despite vaccination some hotspots around 90.

Pubs reopening tomorrow. Read in ST that most tables outside are booked up everyday for next 3 weeks. You tried your local?

Spoons reportedly not taking bookings. Look forward to mass crowds outside their pubs wanting to just walk into their beer gardens.
FB_IMG_1618043646191.jpg

Yeah why not just have thousands upon thousands of people all mingling together next to a disease filled river right in the middle of a pandemic as your country has jumped to 2nd in the world for cases... What can possibly go wrong.

Latest posts