• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Biden's Administration getting desperate now to get Americans jabbed.

Got to suck if you're an American who has been double jabbed or single for J and J and don't qualify for the $100.

And getting pretty serious in Australia where they are getting the military into Sydney to help with Lockdown.

Last edited:
In terms of adults having at least one jab (presumably as a percentage) Ireland has overtaken Malta with the most in the EU and is behind only Iceland in the EEA really happy with how they've ramped up the rollout and the Irish public's uptake. We obviously have our own anti-vaxers but I haven't even heard of a friend of a friend who's not getting vaccinated.

Last edited:
In terms of adults having at least one jab (presumably as a percentage) Ireland has overtaken Ireland with the most in the EU and is behind only Iceland in the EEA really happy with how they've ramped up the rollout and the Irish public's uptake. We obviously have our own anti-vaxers but I haven't even heard of a friend of a friend who's not getting vaccinated.
We have a couple of idiots on my wifes side of the family (one of whom sister and mother are nurses in the NHS), I don't really know about mine I haven't heard of any madness going on.

Yeah, just curious as to if it's Brits visiting or Spanish.
That article says Spanish workers - which makes sense, especially early on - there will be a lot of people living in Spain, but working in Gibraltar; and it's absolutely in Gibraltar's interest to get them vaccinated.

It's also dated April; so I would imagine it's added British holidaymakers, and locals from Spain of all nationalities by now - but that's speculation

We have a couple of idiots on my wifes side of the family (one of whom sister and mother are nurses in the NHS), I don't really know about mine I haven't heard of any madness going on.
Presumably they are waiting for the science to prove it's safe before getting vaccinated? Or are they just point blank against it?

Only person I know not getting vaxxed is a bit Paro about the science and doesn't want to risk it. Fair enough but with our current laws it's really going to hamper any social life, no indoor dining without a covid passport.

We're opening up walk in centres for 16-18 year olds soon. The progress has been incredible lately.

Officially double jabbed

Much better experience at this centre - though partly due to being much quieter so the staff was much less stressed (plus it was a medical facility (pharmacy lab) not a village hall)

Jabbed and in the waiting area and my appointment isn't for another 5mins

so interestingly, talking to me best mate who lives in the UK, caught COVID last week (currently self isolating). He had had his second jab the week before and so when the symptoms came on he thought it was just side effects...but they got worse so he went and got a test

two points, his wife and kids are fine, negative, so maybe jab does really hinder how contagious you are
still hit him like the worst flu he's ever had, not hospital obviously but laid up in bed full body aches, chills etc

re sydney, they are still only getting a couple of hundred a day, which is really bad for Aus but not compared to other places in the world. The NSW premier just didn't take things seriously, her version of a lockdown included any business staying open if they considered themselves essential....so every business did. Basically people started working from home...but then just went to the beach...along with thousands of others...then when she did bring in string restrictions thousands of them protested....and so the numbers jumped...idiots

we in vic had an outbreak spread from NSW, straight into full lockdown, masks inside and out, only allowed outside for 2 hrs etc...came out 10 days later

Latest posts