• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

im chatting with some people on another forum and they are all up in arms about the military being used to check up on people not isolating, seem to think we're about to have a military coup or something, what do people think?

I said i felt it was no win, they do this or if they had hired a whole lot of people to do it then people would be complaining we're already paying the military so just use them. I feel the uniform they wear is semantics if they're doing the same job, they not rolling tanks down the street

so interestingly, talking to me best mate who lives in the UK, caught COVID last week (currently self isolating). He had had his second jab the week before and so when the symptoms came on he thought it was just side effects...but they got worse so he went and got a test

two points, his wife and kids are fine, negative, so maybe jab does really hinder how contagious you are
still hit him like the worst flu he's ever had, not hospital obviously but laid up in bed full body aches, chills etc
I've been involved in a similar situation recently. Thanks to Now TV changing from allowing two devices to stream simultaneously to one, my wife and I watched the first Lions test with my parents in their front room. The next day, father developed symptoms, got tested and was told on Monday morning that he's positive. Wifey, common law uncle who watched the rugby with us and I all returned negative PCR tests, which led to me spending most of the week wondering if father's result was a false positive - given how transmissible we're told the virus is, surely at least one of the rest of use would have got it. That was until Thursday, when mother (higher viral load obviously) became symptomatic, was tested on Friday and confirmed as positive. In hindsight it makes sense how it played out given the incubation period of the virus, mother developed symptoms about a week after father would have been contagious, which is just a bit longer than the median incubation period.

So far, the rest of us are asymptomatic and keep testing negative, so hopefully we've dodged a bullet. Given how long it has now been since our exposure to my infectious father, the odds are in our favour. All involved have been double vaxed for 6 weeks+. Maybe father was less infectious because he's double vaxed, maybe we were more resistant to being infected for the same reason. For the sake of completeness of information, everyone was sensible and the room was reasonably ventilated, but their house isn't huge, so we weren't massively socially distant from each other.

The good news is that both mother and father's symptoms have been very mild indeed. I checked in with mother today to check that they hadn't worsened and was told she'd been gardening all afternoon. She felt a bit rough earlier in the day, but wasn't sure if it was the wine, cider and Tia Maria that she'd put away the night before!

im chatting with some people on another forum and they are all up in arms about the military being used to check up on people not isolating, seem to think we're about to have a military coup or something, what do people think?

I said i felt it was no win, they do this or if they had hired a whole lot of people to do it then people would be complaining we're already paying the military so just use them. I feel the uniform they wear is semantics if they're doing the same job, they not rolling tanks down the street
Obviously I'm self isolating (see above) at the moment and have been disappointed by (but not surprised) how poor Test & Trace are. Initially I was impressed by how quickly I got a message telling me to self isolate, not too long after I'd heard from father that he was positive, I guess this is an automated process. Later in the day, I received a call from an unknown number that hung up before I was able to answer. As soon as the call cleared down, caller ID identified it as Test & Trace. Since then, I've heard nothing and have been unable to find any way to contact them. My answered the call and was cut off half way through, she hasn't heard anything since then either. It did cross my mind that as I've had no contact with T&T other than filling out the initial forms, I'd be a prime candidate for a knock on the front door to make sure that I'm doing as I'm told, but so far with two days to go this hasn't happened. Given that I have nothing to hide, I'd have no problem with someone checking that I'm not breaking the law and don't really care if they're in combat fatigues or a tutu!

two points, his wife and kids are fine, negative, so maybe jab does really hinder how contagious you are
still hit him like the worst flu he's ever had, not hospital obviously but laid up in bed full body aches, chills etc
Point one is known, ythe debate is about how effective it is in reducing spread - but it looks to be somewhere around 50%
This is something often forgotten - "mild covid" covers the whole gammut from "a bit annoying" right up to "should really have been hospitalised, but tried to man-up"

Now 2 weeks since I took my first Phizer jab. Still have constant headache, have been part of my life for 20 years or so, but not ALL the time....hope it settles down some soon.

Point one is known, ythe debate is about how effective it is in reducing spread - but it looks to be somewhere around 50%
This is something often forgotten - "mild covid" covers the whole gammut from "a bit annoying" right up to "should really have been hospitalised, but tried to man-up"
didn't mean to insinuate there was debate, was more just my first real word example

2nd jab tomorrow ngl slightly nervous
If it makes you feel any better I felt fine after mine
Arm was a bit sore later in the day (though far less than after the first jab, and was gone by the next day)
Slight headache next day but nothing two paracetamol couldn't take care of

2nd jab tomorrow ngl slightly nervous
you'll be right, i was fine after mine (other than a sore arm), talking to people that have had both i thin its a lot more even, those that had a side effect and those that didn't, the side effects just get more press ;)

Difficult to understand that people don't get this.....it's about more than just yourself.....
Preach. I probably find this the most depressing thing about the whole situation, the fact that people either still don't get this or don't care.

Are people actually not getting it out of fear of the short term side effects?

My view is anti-vaxxers preaching false information and not getting vaxxed are shcum.

People not getting vaxxed for fear of long term effects but not restricting contacts are idiots.

People not getting vaxxed for same but are restricting contacts are fair enough.

Vaxxed people are actually pretty hot and we should go on a date.

Latest posts