• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

i dont think i would have taken them, if it legally binding (its not) then he would have had to get the bailiffs or court rep in to force acceptance or something....and then been laughed out of the courtroom

Should note I went to a couple of live shows last week (and the cinema). We were asked to show our vaccination/test status at each through the NHS app, however there were still the following issues.
  • Despite each place asking for masks to be worn, few people inside did, there was zero enforcement apart from some holding of signs.
  • One place let us in despite my wife not bringing up her status on the app in time.
  • Nobody scanned the QR code for verification, would be pretty easy to take screenshot and change names/dates.
  • The cinema didn't check anything (actually been to four different ones since this began all with the same attitude).
Thankfully we didn't catch anything but it was obvious to anyone thinking our risk was high.

Yeh pretty much chimes with my experience. If they don't mandate mask wearing together with getting a move on with boosters and vaccinating 12-17 year olds we're gonna have a pretty bleak winter.

And the knock on effect on other patient services, clearing the backlog from previous 18m and flu on top of that.

Just reading Germany's daily case rates are under 20,000. And their population is 83 million compared to our 66.7m

to give some perspective of how bad our 52,000 daily cases as of yesterday compared.

But this Government just wants to wait and see and JRM's comments yesterday that there is no need to wear masks in the commons on the Tory side because he knows his colleagues, just sums up the politicisation of mask wearing and ignorance of this Government.

Yeh pretty much chimes with my experience. If they don't mandate mask wearing together with getting a move on with boosters and vaccinating 12-17 year olds we're gonna have a pretty bleak winter.

And the knock on effect on other patient services, clearing the backlog from previous 18m and flu on top of that.

Just reading Germany's daily case rates are under 20,000. And their population is 83 million compared to our 66.7m

to give some perspective of how bad our 52,000 daily cases as of yesterday compared.

But this Government just wants to wait and see and JRM's comments yesterday that there is no need to wear masks in the commons on the Tory side because he knows his colleagues, just sums up the politicisation of mask wearing and ignorance of this Government.
On that bottom bit, the masks in the commons are a ******* pantomime. Next to 0 at either party conference says it all

On that bottom bit, the masks in the commons are a ******* pantomime. Next to 0 at either party conference says it all
The Labour party conference finished 3 weeks ago, its in past few days medical professionals have said that we need to move onto stricter mask enforcement and other measures. Whilst there is an element of pantomime to it, its unfair to anyone to ask why they weren't doing it in the past when there was not this loud of call from medical professionals. It doesn't say it all just says 3 weeks ago the situation is different to what it is now. The situation will be different in 3 weeks times as well the infection rate and measure needed to combat it are not static things.

The Labour party conference finished 3 weeks ago, its in past few days medical professionals have said that we need to move onto stricter mask enforcement and other measures. Whilst there is an element of pantomime to it, its unfair to anyone to ask why they weren't doing it in the past when there was not this loud of call from medical professionals. It doesn't say it all just says 3 weeks ago the situation is different to what it is now. The situation will be different in 3 weeks times as well the infection rate and measure needed to combat it are not static things.
They were still wearing them in the commons and making a big thing out of it all then but I take your point.

Makes it look disingenuous regardless imo

They were still wearing them in the commons and making a big thing out of it all then but I take your point.

Makes it look disingenuous regardless imo
Wasn't parliament in recess during the conferences?

I'll be honest I watch very little of it these days, mainly because I've lost all hope of the government giving an honest answer to anything. I know previous government told lies from the dispatch box but I never got the impression they were just making up whatever **** came into their heads at that particular moment.

Wasn't parliament in recess during the conferences?

I'll be honest I watch very little of it these days, mainly because I've lost all hope of the government giving an honest answer to anything. I know previous government told lies from the dispatch box but I never got the impression they were just making up whatever **** came into their heads at that particular moment.
Labour have never not worn them in the commons as far as I remember.

Unless they're gonna try and claim that that was the one solitary 10 days when there was no reason for masks, it's still disingenuous af.

Nothing quite says legal authority like handing over a bunch of envelopes whilst wearing trackies...
To be fair, I'm over a year into my legal career and am yet to wear a suit!

This Freeman of the land BS crops up every big crisis, was a big thing to try to get out of debt here during the market crash. It's very dumb.

This Freeman of the land BS crops up every big crisis, was a big thing to try to get out of debt here during the market crash. It's very dumb.
Its incredibly entertaining though, more stories from courts when someone tries it on and the smackdown by judges.

I do like it when they say the courts have no power over them, only to be quickly proven wrong as they are dragged away.

Don't get why we don't wear masks now. Really don't know who the government is trying to impress here

It needs to be part of a multi layered approach to control infection and transmission:

1. Vaccination/boosters. We may need to consider vaccination of 11-5 year olds after 12-17 year olds.
2. Social distance again.
3. Ventilation in buildings (10 litres of fresh air per second per person) and making workplaces accountable.
4. Test/trace/isolate and financial support.
5. Use of the vaccine passports to get into venues to prove vaccination status/proof of negative test (if won't or can't get vaccinated and step below mandation).
6. Mandatory masks in schools, workplaces indoor settings (more outdoor al fresco eating) (surgical/FFP2 grade) and wearing them properly/education needed here both public campaign and in schools. Not around the below nose/mouth which I often see those who wear them.
7. Work from home where it can still be done.

This government just thinks it can vaccinate itself out of this pandemic but it's their whole approach which is wrong. We can still lead a normal life and avoid yet another lockdown.

Last edited:

Latest posts