• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Any increase of restrictions in the UK?

We've had our 5 weeks of loosened restrictions and have tightened up again, total **** up by our gov not releasing boosters, Micheál Martin is a brainless, bumbling ****.

Any increase of restrictions in the UK?

We've had our 5 weeks of loosened restrictions and have tightened up again, total **** up by our gov not releasing boosters, Micheál Martin is a brainless, bumbling ****.
Mask mandates on public transport and in shops have been reintroduced this week. That's it AFAIK.

Any news yet on how strong or mild the symptoms are? If it's mild but much more infectious it could actually be of some benefit
Early indications from news report I have seen suggest those who have had Omnicron variant have only had mild symptoms. But Still, got to wait for more data for a clearer picture.

Just had to go for a PCR test, my 9 year was feeling a bit tired and thought it best to check him and bang positive! Took him and his sister for a PCR, just waiting for the results now

Just had to go for a PCR test, my 9 year was feeling a bit tired and thought it best to check him and bang positive! Took him and his sister for a PCR, just waiting for the results now
Sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing more than just mild symptoms.

Yeh as I understand it it is still very rare for under 12s to have anything other than mild symptoms, which is good, just the issue now of having to go and self-isolate for 10 days to stop spread but that'll mean missing school.

Whether this Government start vaccinating under 12s even with one jab still remains to be seen to slow the spread in schools. Should really have started in August if they were serious about it.

Walked past my local walk in centre this morning and long queue snaking around outside.

246158491_1022648548308845_3444417524286977671_n.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing more than just mild symptoms.
At the minute yes he's just a bit tired. My eldest is 16 and had it back in September and he was much worse. Seeing what's happening with my results, hopefully clear as I have a full week of work next week!

Seeing what's happening with my results, hopefully clear as I have a full week of work next week!
Good luck, I'm in a similar boat at the moment. Kid #1 (single vaxed) pinged on Monday, +ve lateral flow then became symptomatic, confirmed by PCR result on Wednesday. Kid #2 (spent significant time in a car with kid #1 on Sunday, double vaxed) -ve LFD on Monday, took PCR on Thursday, symptomatic Friday (yesterday) AM so isolated, confirmed positive by PCR result later in the day. Kid #1 has a nastly hacking cough and is still sleeping a lot, kid #2 is nasally congested but appetite has returned today. Thus far, the wife and I are -ve according to multiple LFD tests and a PCR each on Thursday. Another PCR will follow tomorrow or Monday as advised by test and trace when kid #2 tested positive.

My situation highlights to me that the rules on self isolation are inadequate. It was a pretty safe bet that kid #2 would catch it having spent significant time in a car with kid #1 the day before kid #1 became symptomatic. We explained the situation to kid #2's college and asked if they wanted him to come in, they unquestioningly parrotted the government guidelines, which meant that he spend Thursday with other early vaccine cohort kids at college being contagous and was sat on a bus with god knows how many people on the way there and back.

So far, my wife and I are a good advert for the vaccine programme, confirmed positive cases isolating in one room and taking sensible hygene precautions. I'm not doing any chicken counting yet though. Given that almost everyone I interact with in both my personal and professional life are in earlier vaccine cohorts I haven't been out of the house since Monday and my wife has limited her trips out to food / medicine shopping.

pinged on Monday,
Via the app?

I've been wondering if this is still a thing - I'm in Birmingham everyday, I'd have thought I'd have been pinged at some point (other than the one time that someone in my office caught COVID)

Latest posts