• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Which is why I stocked up prior to 1 April. Still not taking any until I get symptoms.

As the global trailblazers of Omicron second wave Scotland is now over it. Cass started plummeting, then hospitalisations (down by a third from the peak). So hopefully a fall in deaths will follow.

China in all sorts of a pickle due to commitment to home made vaccines. I'm not even sure what they think they are attempting in Shanghai. Maybe delay things for a few weeks until they are well into spring? If they think Omicron subvariants are compatible with a zero Covid policy they are mad.

Good News! :)

Good News! :)

One day later and Dr. Fauci has retracted his statement. :( Oh well...

I don't think it'll mean much for Europe. But it's probably going to be an example of a SH nation being far too cautious in their summer months with Omicron (more so than NH was in the same months (which were NH winter)). So I think they'll subjecting their people to a (hopefully final) tough winter of highly elevated hospitalisations. I think Aus, NZ and SA will all implement restrictions around June/July unless these subvariant prove less potent.

All hypothetical but expect another screwed up July test series in terms of crowds (not that that's a priority).

My sister and BIL as well as my nephew all got it on Friday. nephew is only two so he's unvaxxed not sure when the other two got their last booster. All have pretty bad symptoms but their outlooks is good. Pretty crazy to get it bad two years after the initial outbreak but here we are. Seems like numbers are up everywhere.

If it's may 12 where you are then it's me/cfs awareness day. Please be aware that MECFS and long COVID (same thing, just with specified trigger) are real. Some tips if you get sick with a virus like COVID or an enterovirus (similarly infects both respiratory and Ethelial cells in gut lining and has been thought by many for 50+ years to be the main contributor of MECFS) - don't eat sugar while you are Sick - a higher prevalence of the sugar eating bacteria has been associated rich getting long COVID or MECFS. Also rest adequately - don't push yourself.

A sad milestone was reached today in the USA. :eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts