• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Not remotely surprised he's anti-vaxx - he's also amazingly racist / biggoted
Clapton is a big fan of American blues music and has worked with many black musicians, so I'm surprised he's a racist. I don't doubt you, I'm just surprised. I think he's gone down hill mentally since his 4 year old son fell out of an apartment 53 stories up to his death back in 1991. It's sad, but no excuse for his behavior.

Last edited:
Last edited:

3rd booster for vulnerable groups this Autumn. The rest of us?
I guess they are working on the assumption that such a high proportion of under 65s will have caught it by then that they'll have some degree of 'herd' protection. I know autumn can include November. I wouldn't suggest anyone gets it earlier than then. Unless cases spike unexpectedly in Autumn or a new major variant hirs I'd be encouraging vulnerable folks to get it in late Nov early Dec as two years running Jan-April has been far more dangerous than Sept to pre-Xmas.

I guess they are working on the assumption that such a high proportion of under 65s will have caught it by then that they'll have some degree of 'herd' protection. I know autumn can include November. I wouldn't suggest anyone gets it earlier than then. Unless cases spike unexpectedly in Autumn or a new major variant hirs I'd be encouraging vulnerable folks to get it in late Nov early Dec as two years running Jan-April has been far more dangerous than Sept to pre-Xmas.
I wonder if by Autumn or November they have an updated Vaccine which is broader in terms of covering Omicron but also combines with Flu jab?

But whether this will need to be paid for and free for vulnerable groups remains to be seen. But I suspect annual vaccines will be the norm.

ONS showing cases down atm. mRNA vaccines and (re) infections doing a great job protecimh from severe disease in non vulnerable.

Scotland again way ahead of rUK in terms of cases. I'm actually pretty happy with this for the first time. Mass infection now, in summer, will likely build resilience for the winter and give the NHS more even levels of demand across the year. All at the cost of comparatively very few lives.

Are they still tracking hospitalisations/deaths?
Any rises in those to match infections?

They are stopping tracking deaths shortly. Hospitalisations are rising significantly again (only a third of the record in April), but these latest subvariants are even more contagious than previous ones so the proportion of people actually in hospital due to Covid will be about a third at most of those who test positive I would suspect. ICU remains extremely low.

They appear to have learnt from their inept silent shambles a couple of months ago and are providing proactive heads up very early on about the latest wave and advising that, whilst there is no grounds for panic, there might be a reiteration of guidance on face coverings if trends continue. It's a definite improvement in communication and anyone who wants to keep themselves very safe can't this time claim that they haven't been warned.

Are they still tracking hospitalisations/deaths?
Any rises in those to match infections?

Latest posts