• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

My streak of not-wearing-jeans-since-March continues

Same. Bar yesterday when I wore lounge pants all day.....or pyjamas if you listen to Mrs OH, either way not good.....I had not worn long trousers of any description. And haven't been anywhere near a collared shirt.

If I have a Zoom meeting I'll change from a t shirt to a polo shirt, and then back again when the meeting's over. That's my only concession to formality, as for the theory that you work better if you dress the part.....hmmm.

Same. Bar yesterday when I wore lounge pants all day.....or pyjamas if you listen to Mrs OH, either way not good.....I had not worn long trousers of any description. And haven't been anywhere near a collared shirt.

If I have a Zoom meeting I'll change from a t shirt to a polo shirt, and then back again when the meeting's over. That's my only concession to formality, as for the theory that you work better if you dress the part.....hmmm.

I fully suit up when I have online interviews and then back to trackies and a t-shirt as soon as it is over.

Which makes me think has anyone done the zoom call for work at home where you are smart waist up, but wearing your boxers/briefs down below?:rolleyes::p.

Which makes me think has anyone done the zoom call for work at home where you are smart waist up, but wearing your boxers/briefs down below?:rolleyes::p.

Pfft that's for rookies, live on the edge and go commando waist down.

Although true story, my first Zoom interview I had a picture of the Von Trapp family doing so long farewell as my background...

Also still working from home. Been in to the office once to nab the oculus rift to play about with at home. We're allowed back into the office now, but the company is still encouraging everyone to continue working from home for the foreseeable future.

I already had a decent setup from uni (dual 24" monitors etc.) and the remote connection into the office is rock solid, no different from being in the office.

My plan for the future when things return to some form of normality is to go into the office 2 days a week, then work 2 long days at home so I can have 4 day weeks. I've been so busy over the last few months that i've become used to working extra hours, and it's not so bad when WFH. Easy enough to jump back on in the evening or start early + a couple of hours gained a day anyway from not having to commute. So cramming 3 days into 2 should be fine and it'll be awesome to only work 4 day weeks imo.

Anyone else considered doing something similar?

Damn, I'd not even considered that - not sure how I'd feel about 2*14hr days a week but if 4*10, working from home, and I'd still have more free time - factoring in lack of commute

Damn, I'd not even considered that - not sure how I'd feel about 2*14hr days a week but if 4*10, working from home, and I'd still have more free time - factoring in lack of commute

What's your normal working day then Olyy? Mine's 7.5 + a lunch break (we also have morning and afternoon tea break, so it's actually 7hrs working). I find it easier WFH to only have 30 min or so at lunch. So I'd need to work 2*11.75hr days inc. lunch.

Working from the office, I'd usually leave the house at 7:30am and get home at 6pm, so that's 10.5hrs, so I'd need to do an extra 1.25hrs on those 2 days is the way I see it.

That'll then give me 1 day a week to myself, without kids when they're back in school, and still have the weekend with the family. That sounds more like what life should be imo.

What's your normal working day then Olyy? Mine's 7.5 + a lunch break (we also have morning and afternoon tea break, so it's actually 7hrs working). I find it easier WFH to only have 30 min or so at lunch. So I'd need to work 2*11.75hr days inc. lunch.

Working from the office, I'd usually leave the house at 7:30am and get home at 6pm, so that's 10.5hrs, so I'd need to do an extra 1.25hrs on those 2 days is the way I see it.

That'll then give me 1 day a week to myself, without kids when they're back in school, and still have the weekend with the family. That sounds more like what life should be imo.
Pretty much the same -
9-5, 30min lunch
Commute is usually about an hour each way, but on a bad day can be 90+
If I go to the gym before work I'm out the house at about 6.15, back home about 18:30, no gym it's about 7:40 - 18:30
Working 8:00 to 18:00 Monday - Thursday (though I have read that the best way to use a four day week is to have wednesday off) would be a doddle compared to my regular commuting life.

So, from Thursday victorians have to wear a mask at all times in public...

Last time I was in the office was almost a month ago,but have to go tomorrow though :( they also put a special machine that measures your temperature in the entrance (and you are not allowed to go in in case of a high temperature), hope to pass this measurement tomorrow, otherwise I won't work from the office :D

head of ONS says no spike in figures since easing of lockdown.
Some will be happy and I guess it wont fit others agendas.
Clearly local areas need to treated when figures reveal outbreak.
But national wise we seem to be at a sustainable level.I guess till vaccine or treatment we must get used to living with it

Last time I was in the office was almost a month ago,but have to go tomorrow though :( they also put a special machine that measures your temperature in the entrance (and you are not allowed to go in in case of a high temperature), hope to pass this measurement tomorrow, otherwise I won't work from the office :D
Jog to "work"

Definitely don't want to go to work tomorrow,but unfortunately have to :( they obliged us to work at least twice from the office this month. I'd rather continue to work from home though, don't like to be among people in an open space at work :( plus, it's still dangerous,at least, to use public transport to go there..

Ah well who give a duck anymore if my facebook feed is anything to go by very few people are bothering to maintain social distancing anymore (despite claiming to in the photo where they are not). Give it time it'll all ramp up again, most likely reason its successful so far is a lack of sustained mass gatherings, cinemas not really open yet, how many people are actually going to restraunts/pubs and lots of people are still working from home. Schools have a barely been open as well. So main enclosed vectors still aren't happening.

Still 70 deaths a day and 600 cases, which is still above March 23rd levels that suggests to me a powder keg about to explode again rather than something that is sustainable.

Ah well who give a duck anymore if my facebook feed is anything to go by very few people are bothering to maintain social distancing anymore (despite claiming to in the photo where they are not). Give it time it'll all ramp up again, most likely reason its successful so far is a lack of sustained mass gatherings, cinemas not really open yet, how many people are actually going to restraunts/pubs and lots of people are still working from home. Schools have a barely been open as well. So main enclosed vectors still aren't happening.

Still 70 deaths a day and 600 cases, which is still above March 23rd levels that suggests to me a powder keg about to explode again rather than something that is sustainable.

Same can be said here in SA. Latest reports suggest that my home province will be the next "hotspot" and they estimate a total of 1 million people infected in the province by end of August.

And it seems like those reports might be right. we went from 2 cases daily to over 300 in the past week...

Same can be said here in SA. Latest reports suggest that my home province will be the next "hotspot" and they estimate a total of 1 million people infected in the province by end of August.

And it seems like those reports might be right. we went from 2 cases daily to over 300 in the past week...
Yup given a chance the virus seams to run riot and I'd much rather be in an NZ type situation where warning can be given. The UK (government) seams to want to push the limits of what can be done. A mixture of just the right measures and a significant amount of people still following more stronger measures seams to be holding it at bay minus some outbreaks in high population areas. But it does feel like we are on the edge rather than in control.

Latest posts