• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] - Things to do when under lockdown

Yup, going to cut during this and I'm only 2kg over the weight I'd normally cut to for a holiday/festival, I'd been planning to do a mini bulk after the rugby season ended. I'll probably hit the lowest weight and bf% of my adult life, but I'll be a small, small, angry little man.

Fixed that for ya :cool:

If you've got kids bouncing off the walls, there's a load of good resources here: https://hes-extraordinary.com/ (I've no vested interest)
Including this:
90111138_2526204064152146_3115668838155288576_n.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone's short on kit to run/workout in, Lovell Rugby have some enormous sales on ATM. Managed to get Worcester's full Europe kit plus one of their wet training tops for £30 total. Without sales it would've been £140.

Just gutted that the only Prem team Lovell don't supply kit for is Chiefs.

I'm working from home and have a horrible work spike at the moment. Consistent 10 hr+ days aren't great at the best of times, add in a growing case of cabin fever and I'm not a happy bunny. It's amazing how you miss the things you normally take for granted or are part of your routine, I've even been getting nostalgic for my normal daily 3 hours of commuting.

I cycle quite a bit and have a decent turbo trainer, so I've been belting the cr*p out of myself on that every night to get rid of some frustration. At least I'm not prevented from riding so I'll be looking to get some decent miles in at the weekend.

Last edited:
AFL is just a **** verison of an American High School Physical Education game. I can't belive people watch it.

AFL is just a **** verison of an American High School Physical Education game. I can't belive people watch it.

have you watched much? considering they can get 70k-100k people to a mid season mid table clash suggests it cant be all bad to watch

Which team wins consistently and has super smug fans? If I can't support Leinster this can be the next best thing
Richmond Tigers are pretty smug at the moment, won two of the last three flags

could also go for west coast eagles, blue and yellow colours and won the year before last

also geelong cats are always in the mix and have three Irish dudes playing for them, on in the leadership group

have you watched much? considering they can get 70k-100k people to a mid season mid table clash suggests it cant be all bad to watch

I'll give it a chance because I read on Wikipedia that Australian Rules Football has rugby origins like American football does.

https://www.afl.com.au/

Last edited:
They closed the gym at my school. My oly and deadlifting shoes are in there (and my towel) so I'll need them before the summer.

I'm going to go insane. My apartment complex has a gym but it only has 50 pound dumbbells.

I'm going to go insane. I can only read books and do school work so long. I run in afternoons, but that's only so much.

my running will definitely improve, but oly lifts will go to **** and they already sucked.

update:

did dumbbell power snatches, push ups, and dumbbell roads. Didn't have the will to move onto pull-ups and press. I'm not going to be able to work out like this.

Last edited:
They closed the gym at my school. My oly and deadlifting shoes are in there (and my towel) so I'll need them before the summer.

I'm going to go insane. My apartment complex has a gym but it only has 50 pound dumbbells.

I'm going to go insane. I can only read books and do school work so long. I run in afternoons, but that's only so much.

my running will definitely improve, but oly lifts will go to **** and they already sucked.

update:

did dumbbell power snatches, push ups, and dumbbell roads. Didn't have the will to move onto pull-ups and press. I'm not going to be able to work out like this.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/the-herschel-walker-workout/

walkerdual.jpg

I'm playing Subbuto rugby game again. Found if in the attic and haven't played it for about 45 years!

Latest posts