• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Craig you HOLDOUT LOL!!!!!

Just out of curiosity..... What is this topic about???????

If there's some way to cancel certain animations etc on rugby 06, I'd love to see them myself.

GG, any chance you could PM them to me please?
[/b]

There definitely is a way to skip animations in Rugby '06. Ones which sort of slow your player down to the standard, routine, tacklable speed that the game is supposed to allow you to be. Its not much of a skip, but it keeps your player at full pace whilst trying to attempt certain moves.

I'd love to know too - maybe someone would like to share these tips? I understand people wanting to keep certain things to themselves to have an edge in multiplayer, but maybe some of the fundamental stuff that you guys have uncovered could be shared?

Well I wouldnt like this on the main site, as there are many members who just come along and read the topics and dont contribute...

I may try to discuss some kind of deal with the people involved ;)

<div class='quotemain'>

If there's some way to cancel certain animations etc on rugby 06, I'd love to see them myself.

[/b]

There definitely is a way to skip animations in Rugby '06. Ones which sort of slow your player down to the standard, routine, tacklable speed that the game is supposed to allow you to be. Its not much of a skip, but it keeps your player at full pace whilst trying to attempt certain moves.
[/b][/quote]
Yep, they are subtle changes, but when done right can provide that spark necessary to make a break. In the hands of a master (the trainer, GG...) can be lethal...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Yep, they are subtle changes, but when done right can provide that spark necessary to make a break. In the hands of a master (the trainer, GG...) can be lethal...
[/b][/quote]

One thing I do have to say, is that these tips are generally going to make the most skilled players even better. These are not things that an average-good player is going to pick up, unless over quite some time.

So, if the best player in your playing group learns these it may have a negative effect.

1. He/She will become so good that the fun multiplayer days are over until everyone else can do them, (which may be never).

2. Some of the less good players you play with will become so frustrated as to give up.

I say again, these secret moves are hard to do, they take a lot of practice to get out for a start, and you truly are a master if you can do these at will. I myself can only do about 3-4 of Gay-Guy's arsenal of weapons, and that is only every now and then, (at this stage :p).

So, I really believe that if you want to become the best player in your group (and no-one has these secret moves) the best way to go about it is without them. You'll eventually kill your opposition. Quite simply, your mates will not want to play you anymore.

SO, what really needs to happen is a tactical guide. There are worlds of great moves and ways to improve yourself without the secret moves. Some of these tips, if produced by Gay-Guy in the awesome style that he produced his secret move file, would suffice for most easily.

I'm if his secret moves get released to too many groups only one person will probably master them (as my mate Andrew Horton says "I do have a life other than just playing Rugby '06, you know!") and the rest will become a bit disillusioned with the game. Why play when you can't win?

In short, it could do more harm than good.

well, i have GG's master file, and i can do um... i dont even think i can do any of his moves. i like to know what can be done in the game. I can do the dummy runners using the set plays, but my mate who plays agianst me doesnt even see them coming so i dont see the point in doing them :)

i wouldnt mind knowing more about this other move of yours craig, if you care to let me know it would be appreciated :)

[/b]
locks....you are the father of rugby release news....of course I will email you the animation cancelling things are other stuff. just pm your email address to me.

Basically you can bend the programme (ala the matrix) where you can get closer to real rugby movements as opposed to sticking to R2006 boundaries. Basically it is cheating the programme rules and taking advantage of it.

Just think.....the matrix :D

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

One thing I do have to say, is that these tips are generally going to make the most skilled players even better. These are not things that an average-good player is going to pick up, unless over quite some time.

So, if the best player in your playing group learns these it may have a negative effect.

1. He/She will become so good that the fun multiplayer days are over until everyone else can do them, (which may be never).

2. Some of the less good players you play with will become so frustrated as to give up.

I say again, these secret moves are hard to do, they take a lot of practice to get out for a start, and you truly are a master if you can do these at will. I myself can only do about 3-4 of Gay-Guy's arsenal of weapons, and that is only every now and then, (at this stage :p).

So, I really believe that if you want to become the best player in your group (and no-one has these secret moves) the best way to go about it is without them. You'll eventually kill your opposition. Quite simply, your mates will not want to play you anymore.

SO, what really needs to happen is a tactical guide. There are worlds of great moves and ways to improve yourself without the secret moves. Some of these tips, if produced by Gay-Guy in the awesome style that he produced his secret move file, would suffice for most easily.

I'm if his secret moves get released to too many groups only one person will probably master them (as my mate Andrew Horton says "I do have a life other than just playing Rugby '06, you know!") and the rest will become a bit disillusioned with the game. Why play when you can't win?

In short, it could do more harm than good.
[/b][/quote]
And the truth is sometimes even good players with all these moves LOSE!

When I play Bully the Guru who only knows one of the secret moves (albeit the most latest lol!) it is tough going. i am so glad he doesn't know everything otherwise he would be absolutely slaugtering me lol!

So even players who have played the computer all their lives will have a real good showing if they are that good against someone with secret moves. you don't need all the trills.....you just need decent tactics and very good defence :cheers:

BTW....thanks Bully for letting me steal your defensive style. If you can't break it...take :bravo: it

I can do the dummy runners using the set plays, but my mate who plays agianst me doesnt even see them coming so i dont see the point in doing them :)
[/b]
Ummmm....remember???? I told you that you only use them on people with "perfect defence" who read everything and tackle perfectly. when a dummy runner is running up you have to AUDIBLY alert your opponent to the dummy runner by saying "short" or "on the burst" or " on the left" etc to make your opponent SEE the dummy runner and go for the tackle.......alas the wrong tackle...lol! That will give you a slight edge on time and if you are real clever you can animation cancel the first five recieving the ball to get them off to a quick start and hope your opponent may have been a bit slow converting to another player.

Basically dummy runners are for defenders who mark up each move from the ruck very tightly and want to smash you ASAP rather than sweeping. there are sometimes flaws in doing the Stacy Jones rugby League defence of rushing.....big flaws.

Would somebody be able to send the master file to me too? I know I don't give advanced rugby game news like locks, but I would love to see it...

Ummmm....remember???? I told you that you only use them on people with "perfect defence" who read everything and tackle perfectly. when a dummy runner is running up you have to AUDIBLY alert your opponent to the dummy runner by saying "short" or "on the burst" or " on the left" etc to make your opponent SEE the dummy runner and go for the tackle.......alas the wrong tackle...lol! That will give you a slight edge on time and if you are real clever you can animation cancel the first five recieving the ball to get them off to a quick start and hope your opponent may have been a bit slow converting to another player.

Basically dummy runners are for defenders who mark up each move from the ruck very tightly and want to smash you ASAP rather than sweeping. there are sometimes flaws in doing the Stacy Jones rugby League defence of rushing.....big flaws.[/b]

yeah i remember, but i was just practicing really as i was up by a good 70 points at least and "trying" out the other moves. just pissin about really. he has played the ai since and he is keen to give me a go so ill see what happens, probably tomorrow :) as its 330am and i havnt been to bed yet o_O

Would somebody be able to send the master file to me too? I know I don't give advanced rugby game news like locks, but I would love to see it...
[/b]
Locks will soon get the updated version.......from then on it is up to him whether he wants to spread it in the UK.....or be a holdout and have NH dominance lol!

I suspect there are already people who have discovered some of the glitches in the game. Some of them you can tell EA deliberately put them there and did not tell!!!!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Locks will soon get the updated version.......from then on it is up to him whether he wants to spread it in the UK.....or be a holdout and have NH dominance lol!

I suspect there are already people who have discovered some of the glitches in the game. Some of them you can tell EA deliberately put them there and did not tell!!!!
[/b][/quote]

Well if anyone fancies sending it on to me then I'd be very grateful... any takers?

Do these techniques work against the AI? As I can't understand why they would hold back any 'features' unless they were too effective... this is a company that made a selling point out of 3D grass remember

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well if anyone fancies sending it on to me then I'd be very grateful... any takers?

Do these techniques work against the AI? As I can't understand why they would hold back any 'features' unless they were too effective... this is a company that made a selling point out of 3D grass remember
[/b][/quote]
The AI marks tighter especially on elite but yes they can work on the AI

Latest posts