• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Create Jonah Lomu

ur crazy if u think wilkonsin is more famous then jonah, ask an average japanese person he jonny us, then ask them who jonah lomu is buddy or dreaming

Jonah Lomu has got to be one of the best of all time. he had offers coming from all different types of sports worth millions. the awesome things he did hugely made up for his weaknesses. jonah lomu took rugby global, did anyone see giant sized photo of jonny wilkinson on the sides of buildings ? wilkinson is also a bit overrated, anyone can look better than englands other backs ( with the exception of robinson) but he is without a doubt the best kicker in the game. other countries are just bloody ****** off they couldn't produce players like him !! springboks tried dean hall and england tried ben cohen and both failed miserably. now people can only dream about what he could have been without his illness !!

Originally posted by subsbligh@Feb 21 2005, 09:25 PM
say what?

what?...u idiot
jonahs the most FAMOUS RUGBY PLAYER IN THE WORLD......PERIOD!

not the greatest of players but the most inspiring to our sport....shore he hasnt won a world cup but geez wilkinson?....i watched the tour in hell where lomu bumped this kid off...even tho wilkinson was 18.when lomu was 18 he carried rugby on his back towards professionalism in the sport...he sold out tickets,stadiums,contracts
<
...the lot...jerseys,dvds,his own cd album(compilation)

i mean who would pay to see wilkinson play soccer?...not soccer fans and diffinetly not rugby fans other than the english
<
...what eva fans they hav now
<
<

First off, I said 'most famous' -- not 'greatest' not 'strongest' etc. Certainly there are better players than Lomu, but he is the most famous on a world scale -- it is undeniable.

Campese was rugbys first millionaire, Lomu was it's first world star.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 21 2005, 10:19 PM
i mean who would pay to see wilkinson play soccer?...not soccer fans and diffinetly not rugby fans other than the english
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Why exactly would someone want to see Wilkinson play poofball?

The same reason as why would someone pay to see Lomu play chess or Schumacher run the 100m.

Stupid post.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 22 2005, 06:52 AM
First off, I said 'most famous' -- not 'greatest' not 'strongest' etc.  Certainly there are better players than Lomu, but he is the most famous on a world scale -- it is undeniable.

Campese was rugbys first millionaire, Lomu was it's first world star.
Exactly what I was about to say........Capt said the most famous, not the best.....

He is undeniably the most famous player ever. He is recognised by a lot of Americans, Australians etc that don't know jack about the game of rugby....(Jonny who???).

As for OVERALL/ALL ROUND ability he wouldn't make my 50 best players of all time. He couldn't tackle, catch a high ball very well (any kick actually), couldn't kick to save himself, and was hardly one of the greatest thinkers of the game (often out of position, tactically inept)...........it would be like calling Hugo Porta the best player of all time because he was very good at kicking goals......

.....however he was an excitement machine in attack, possessed amazing power, and speed for a big man.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Feb 22 2005, 06:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 22 2005, 06:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Feb 21 2005, 10:19 PM
<
<

<
<
<
<
<
<

Why exactly would someone want to see Wilkinson play poofball?

The same reason as why would someone pay to see Lomu play chess or Schumacher run the 100m.

and im a ******

Stupid post. [/b]
no no no......all wilkinson does is kick...kick for touch,kick for goal...short ones long ones...so hes better off playing soccer...whats he famous for...not his running game,average playmaking skills(well without his boot that is)...its his kicking....
and termite ur gay
<

Jonah is up there in my all time XV, same with alot of other ppl... they always hav him on the left wing... who else wud u rather hav on the left wing??? think about it? if u had to choose an all time XV, wudnt Jonah be one of if not the first name that pops to ur mind for wing?

Originally posted by 187@Feb 23 2005, 06:12 AM
Jonah is up there in my all time XV, same with alot of other ppl... they always hav him on the left wing... who else wud u rather hav on the left wing??? think about it? if u had to choose an all time XV, wudnt Jonah be one of if not the first name that pops to ur mind for wing?
To quote John McEnroe -- You cannot be serious?

Ask any South African who they'd love to play opposite on the wing.

If I was building an All-Time XV based on flair/power -- yeah, he might be in there, but if I was putting together an All-Time XV based on skill at position -- he wouldn't make the bench.

Originally posted by 187@Feb 23 2005, 06:12 AM
Even an all time ALL BLACK XV wouldn't have him..........

Jeff Wilson, Tana (as a winger), Brian Williams - even John Timu, and so on would be overall superior............ hell Bruce Reihana is a superior winger........

id love to see jonah lomu run straight at bruce reihana!

boom!..shazzam!...kazzam!....kapow!

the only man standing wud be jonah lomu!

He transcends rugby's cultural and national boundaries. He was also a fair deal smarter than he is being given credit for.

Jonah was and is a legend.

Pure and simple.

Reihana! Ha! he would have gotten eaten for breakfast.

Of course he'd be in the world XV - the measure of a man who plays rugby is his performance at the World Cup....The big man was the player of the tournament at both the 1995 AND 1999 world cups....now he is mentally strong enough to believe he can play in the 2007 one, despite his run with illness. He is an inspirational man and was, is and will be an inspirational player.

End of discussion.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 23 2005, 12:58 PM
id love to see jonah lomu run straight at bruce reihana!

boom!..shazzam!...kazzam!....kapow!

the only man standing wud be jonah lomu!
And if Reihana runs through/around Lomu.............try time as well..........so your point is???
<

Jonah was a great player, just not an all-time great player.
Jonah is an all-time great tackle-breaker, and that, if you have ever played rugby at a decent level, is not the same thing.

The naysayers cannot ignore my point about player of two consecutive world cup tournaments. No one else has or probably will ever do that again.

One more time....end of discussion.

Originally posted by NZL fan+Feb 23 2005, 05:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Feb 23 2005, 05:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 23 2005, 05:23 PM
The naysayers cannot ignore my point about player of two consecutive world cup tournaments. No one else has or probably will ever do that again.

One more time....end of discussion.
I guess discussion is now open again...........
<

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/rugby/199...7/horan_player/ [/b]

NZL fan, thanks, you have PROVEN that some people speak before they know.
Bet you he's not a big enough person to admit when he is wrong either.
<

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 23 2005, 05:41 PM
Bet you he's not a big enough person to admit when he is wrong either.
<
...i think thats very true...i see him abit up him self....one time last year he said the allblack wingers need experience and that they lack of it?????...howlett? with almost 40 test under his belt and rokocoko can sub that experience with his try scoring feats.....i only hope lomu returns to better form so he can prove the ney sayers wrong

Latest posts