• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

That's fair enough but I'd wager they'd still be better than the Netherlands who were the opposition for the top score.

Great innings by all 3 batsmen. I just almost broke down and cried that AB didn't get that 1 extra run to make it 150. Or that we didn't manage to crack that biggest score ever! Only needed 1 more 4 to equal.. still, that all shouldn't detract from what was a game (one sided though) to remember.

I don't think the West Indies bowled so badly to be honest. AB was just in great form. He hit a yorker for a 4!! How does he do that??

Wanderers is just such a good batting wicket. We saw it just last week in the T20's when Miller and Gayle smashed the ball to all sides of the field. There was more than 400 runs scored in less than 40 overs!!

Remember that this was the same field both us and the Aussies scored 430+ runs a few years ago. And yesterday the West Indies themselves got nearly 300 runs. In fact they were ahead of the run rate in comparison with South Africa from the 1st over to the 40th over. and from there they lost it as it was at that time when AB walked in and demolished them.

West Indies were dire and have progressively gotten worse due to the incapable Board they have.

Saying that AB took what was given to him and that is what class is about. Doesn't matter how they are bowling it is how you put them away, he put them away alright.

Have enjoyed the last two Big Bash matches!!

Thought it was going to be modern day rugby when I tuned in!!!

Its been the Smith & Haddon show again in Hobart tonight; Smith 102 off 95, Haddon 42 off 29

How many times have these two pulled Australia's fat out of the fire in the last couple of years?

Its been the Smith & Haddon show again in Hobart tonight; Smith 102 off 95, Haddon 42 off 29

How many times have these two pulled Australia's fat out of the fire in the last couple of years?

Pretty bloody impressive given the size of the total and the players we had missing. I was honestly considering putting a couple bucks on England given the side we named - that we still bloody won is frankly incredible.

I do not necessarily like what the shortened game has and will do to cricket......but cannot help having enjoyed Big Bash cricket from Aus this season.

Brilliant entertainment, nerve wracking ends and Brett Lee in his last over ever with the Scorchers needing 8 to win grabbing two wickets to get it down to one run on the last ball...

Thanks for the memories. You were some cricketer and are some man!!

So now the focus is solely on the CWC!

After the Proteas scored 361 in 42 overs yesterday vs. the West Indies, and this without AB de Villiers, makes me very excited for the World Cup. If anything is to go by, this World Cup will be the tournament of the Batsmen.

Eoin Morgan, Steve Smith, AB de Villiers, Hashim Amla, Kumar Sangakkara, Kane Williamson, Brendon Mccullum, Chris Gayle, etc.

Gonna be awesome!!

Who's do you guys predict will make it to the semi's?

Some team player is our Pieterson!! Everyone else gets the commercial airline but not our Kev.....private jet around Aus for him so he can invite his commentator mates to go with him!!!!

Cannot imagine true team players doing that to his team!!!

Some team player is our Pieterson!! Everyone else gets the commercial airline but not our Kev.....private jet around Aus for him so he can invite his commentator mates to go with him!!!!

Cannot imagine true team players doing that to his team!!!

He also said something during the week that county players who make a living of being good domestic professionals in the county game are "muppets" for doing so.

steyn is bowling slower than botham was in the 92 wc, he cant bowl Yorkers he doesn't swing the ball, what a let down

steyn is bowling slower than botham was in the 92 wc, he cant bowl Yorkers he doesn't swing the ball, what a let down

If feel a bit sorry for him actually. Even when fit, Dale Steyn is not a "death" bowler by any means, and nowhere near the pure class of Morne Morkel, yet he's been thrust into that job.

Wooo! Very stoked about the win, and it's obviously a very special moment in New Zealand sport. Especially considering the amount of winding up coming from Australia, implying we wouldn't make it this far. Great to see someone different standing up every match. Hope Williamson is up for a big one in the final.

A thought goes out to the South Africans though. It so easily could have been us on the other end, and SA showed a lot of resolve and tenacity. Almost gave me a heart attack.

Wooo! Very stoked about the win, and it's obviously a very special moment in New Zealand sport. Especially considering the amount of winding up coming from Australia, implying we wouldn't make it this far. Great to see someone different standing up every match. Hope Williamson is up for a big one in the final.

A thought goes out to the South Africans though. It so easily could have been us on the other end, and SA showed a lot of resolve and tenacity. Almost gave me a heart attack.

Those missed chances in the fielding at the end gave me a few scares as well.

A great game of cricket though. McCullum really set the early pace for NZ and I was nly getting hopeful again at ~150/4 but that 5th wicket partnership did for us even if we rallied well at the end with Morkel putting us back in with a slight chance in the 2nd last over with a truly superb over under huge pressure. Too many missed opportunities though.

I do hope NZ goes on to take it over Aus/India. That would be really special.

Those missed chances in the fielding at the end gave me a few scares as well.

A great game of cricket though. McCullum really set the early pace for NZ and I was nly getting hopeful again at ~150/4 but that 5th wicket partnership did for us even if we rallied well at the end with Morkel putting us back in with a slight chance in the 2nd last over with a truly superb over under huge pressure. Too many missed opportunities though.

I do hope NZ goes on to take it over Aus/India. That would be really special.

Don't forget our great friends F*ckworth and Doos... Err, I mean Duckworth & Lewis.

First game of cricket I ever watched yesterday, and holy hell that was a gripping game, hopefully the Aussies make the final and we get a Anzac final.

First game of cricket I ever watched yesterday, and holy hell that was a gripping game, hopefully the Aussies make the final and we get a Anzac final.

One day stuff really is not cricket but are very enjoyable for those with a short attention span!!!!!!!!!