• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket Thread

Yup getting a set batsman at 50 is always really important. Now two new guys who'll second several overs getting in.

It's going nicely for England but very much still in the balance.

Looking viable to peg them below 250.
They'll want to accelerate for the last 10, but go too hard and they don't have the wickets in hand to risk.

Bumped off channel 4 and demoted to More 4 for the British Grand Prix. This is a world cup final, which England are involved in. I would have thought that would have taken precedence.

It should be C4 pay good money for the British GP whereas this is likely a freebie from Sky for some good pre-Ashes advertising.

I hate more cricket isn't on free to air TV so even though I pay the Sky overlords I'm watching it on C4

I have watched basically no live cricket since it went to sky a little over a decade ago.
I've been really enjoying this.

However, it's time to switch to the tennis and keep an eye on BBC love updates

14 years, 2005 Ashes was the last time there was live Cricket

Plunkett could and possibly should if England win (even if Roy blasts it everywhere) get MoM. Not bad for someone who essentially spent his entire career as a journeyman.

241 then. 4.8 per over
Just don't give away any cheap wickets and it should be reasonably comfortable.
Try to go quick without earning it, and it could still go horribly wrong.

So if Roy is still at the crease after 10 overs... That'll be nice.

it's 01:52 in the morning. Should I go to bed?

it can't be too hard to bat. every batsman got a start and got no further. all the batsmen tended to start slow, speed up a bit, then get out. this could be an agonising watch.

bloody going for that review was a bad mistake. taylor was the guy who could have made a difference.

4 wickets down after 10 and its 50 50 . 5 or more, NZ are odds on, 3 or less england odds on.

See off Boult has to be the job, look for runs the other end. After 10 overs blast it everywhere.

That has to be the plan. This will either be a comfortable win or an extremely nervy fight to the finish.

4 wickets down after 10 and its 50 50 . 5 or more, NZ are odds on, 3 or less england odds on.

I'm less confident, as is, it's 33:67.
I'd put 50:50 to be 3 down after 10, but won't hit the arrogant pom button until we get to 8 overs without loss.

I'm never happy in a one day chase until there are less than 100 runs to get and you have wickets in hand and at least 10 overs.

How have we not lost a wicket yet?
Eh this is typical early overs the ball does move. I was amazed we didn't get more NZ wickets when it was out turn. Just have to pray these guys survive 3-4 more overs.

Latest posts