Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

Man oh man. Have you guys seen the mess at Cricket South Africa. Not good, not good at all.

Standard Bank this morning announced they won't renew their sponsorship agreement with CSA in April. After their affiliation of over 20 years with the sport and the main sponsor of the international ODI's, T20's and Tests.

Sunfoil, the other main sponsor wrote an open letter demanding the resignation of the CEO and the President of CSA.

2 of the independant directors have resigned already because of the maladministration of the CSA board, how the CEO is abusing his power and spending money he shouldn't.

3 CSA officials were recently suspended for doing their job.

The SA Cricketers Association has a pending court case against CSA for the illegal use of player names without compensation. Plus they are threatening to strike as well.

The Current domestic T20 series is being badly funded by CSA without any sponsorship deals.

The CEO called a press briefing, and then cancelled it the very last minute.

The Media spokesperson couldn't answer questions when he was asked at a previous press conference.

CSA banned certain well-respected journalists from all their media events. To the outrage of nearly every corner of the cricketing community.

This is an all-time low for the sport, worse than the Hansie Cronje saga, the 1999 CWC semi-final or the 2003 CWC D/L debacle.

ncurd

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Jimmy takes his 600th test wicket in an empty ground.

Covid has really gone too far now.
On the flip side I would of been at work and not been able to see it live.

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Hell of an achievement. Most test wickets of any fast bowler.

Leinster Fan

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

I'm a rare thing, an Irishman complimenting an English cricketer (I'm pretty sure it's just me and Eoin Morgan).

But fairplay to him, amazing achievement. England are very lucky to have him.

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Who writes Joe Root’s scripts?

After another huge ton he brings himself on to bowl and mops up the last 2 Sri Lankan wickets without conceding a run.

Now 4th on Eng’s all time list of test run makers having played in fewer tests than those around him and with an average at least a couple of runs higher.

Only a matter of time before he overtakes Stewart and Gooch. Cook is a long way ahead, but played 62 tests more than Root has so far.

Reiser99

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

Who writes Joe Root’s scripts?

After another huge ton he brings himself on to bowl and mops up the last 2 Sri Lankan wickets without conceding a run.

Now 4th on Eng’s all time list of test run makers having played in fewer tests than those around him and with an average at least a couple of runs higher.

Only a matter of time before he overtakes Stewart and Gooch. Cook is a long way ahead, but played 62 tests more than Root has so far.
It's that old saying, you make your own luck. It's weird how when someone is playing well things seem to go right for them. Maybe it is just confidence and committing properly rather than being nervous and mentally holding something back.

ncurd

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I wouldn't read too much into those two wickets damage already done but twas an inspired decision sometimes people take a part timer on.

Roots a great a player and it's good after last year he's converting those 50's but real tests are in India (where we are deliberately wrecking our already fragile batting line up) and Australia laster this year.

I'm also not a fan of his captaincy in the field even if he seamed to have a good day today.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.