• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket World Cup 2015

Yeah, and keep their players... Like the captain of the England ODI team... (even though I think he wouldn't have made the squad based on current form)

It probably stinks more for them to lose someone like Rankin who only played a few matches for England.

Not sure you can claim it as the "event" has been affected. Admittedly I have only seen 1 hour highlights of the games but on the whole the umpiring has been decent. One wrong call at the end of our game is the only blemish.

Seems so far 300 is the target for any side batting first and even then we've not seen any side really blown away, all have got, England aside, within 100 of their targets. Winnable game for Ireland tonight against a WI side that seems to be in a bit of a shambles

Called it.

Good effort from the Irish lads but will be dissapointed about how they let the Windies off the hook from 5 down for not a lot to get 300 but encoraged by the fact they reached it with room to spare.

Scotland tonight, don't think they will cause a shock tonight against New Zealand. Might try and catch some of that live tonight.

Well done Ireland ... not surprising that 300 hasn't been chased down at that venue before, as I think it's only been used for international cricket since 2013. I tried but couldn't find how long the boundaries are, but couldn't find it, it doesn't look any shorter boundary wise than any other New Zealand ground, when you look at it aerial photography wise and see the hockey fields etc as a comparison. It is a purpose built Cricket ground, which is nice to see, as the main ground used to be shared with Rugby in Nelson (Trafalgar Park)

Here's a view of it from the air http://wikimapia.org/28929983/Saxto...ium-Nelson-Cricket-Stadium-Nelson-New-Zealand

It looks like Scotland made a pretty good fist of defending a pretty meager total ... looks like they were in to the tail of the New Zealand batting order (NZ win by 3 wickets)

Last edited:
Was this game played in Nelson? if so how big were the boundaries.

Well done Ireland ... not surprising that 300 hasn't been chased down at that venue before, as I think it's only been used for international cricket since 2013. I tried but couldn't find how long the boundaries are, but couldn't find it, it doesn't look any shorter boundary wise than any other New Zealand ground, when you look at it aerial photography wise and see the hockey fields etc as a comparison. It is a purpose built Cricket ground, which is nice to see, as the main ground used to be shared with Rugby in Nelson (Trafalgar Park)

Here's a view of it from the air http://wikimapia.org/28929983/Saxto...ium-Nelson-Cricket-Stadium-Nelson-New-Zealand

It looks like Scotland made a pretty good fist of defending a pretty meager total ... looks like they were in to the tail of the New Zealand batting order (NZ win by 3 wickets)

According to the NCA, Saxton Oval is actually circular and 140m from picket fence to picket fence so, allowing for 5m for the rope boundary, that would equate to 65m boundaries from the centre of the pitch. Big enough for 20/20 and ODI's, probably a bit small for a test match.

Scotland's day could have been much worse. From 12-4 it looked ominous but a good stand by Machan and Herrington dragged them sort of back from the edge but once those 2 went they capitualted again making for an odd looking scorecard. I felt NZ went after it in too blase a fashion and lost more wickets than they should have to a point Scotland must have felt they were always in it.

Well I'm suprized and glad at the way the minnows are going about in this tournament. Most of them are putting up a good fight against stronger teams. Ireland, Scotland and this morning the UAE all did damn well in their opening matches.

At one stage I thought UAE could win the game against Zimbabwe.

Anyways, the big games are coming up this weekend again with New Zealand taking on England and South Africa up against India on Sunday.

I was disappointed with Afghanistan's effort the other night. Ireland been pick of the associate nations. UAE did well last night to be fair.

I was disappointed with Afghanistan's effort the other night. Ireland been pick of the associate nations. UAE did well last night to be fair.

Yeah, Afghanistan crumbled a bit too easily. I thought UAE should have won the game, had Zimbabwe there for the taking and didnt finish them off

FFS !!! Mccullum is going bonkers. 72 off 21 and still going

FFS !!! Mccullum is going bonkers. 72 off 21 and still going

My guess is that this type of innings will happen a lot more. 3 weeks ago it was AB de Villiers doing this type of damage and now Mccullum.

Also, how crap is England??? Guess this is what happens when your captain isn't English...

Also, how crap is England??? Guess this is what happens when your captain isn't English...

Strange comment?

Did not stop England being successful under Mike Denness (Scottish) or Douglas Jardine (born in India, like Colin Cowdrey, of Scottish parents)!

Strange comment?

Did not stop England being successful under Mike Denness (Scottish) or Douglas Jardine (born in India, like Colin Cowdrey, of Scottish parents)!

Oh I'm just joking. But you have to wonder, ever since there is no South African born player in that squad, they have been rather poor.

Oh I'm just joking. But you have to wonder, ever since there is no South African born player in that squad, they have been rather poor.

Well we could select that wonderful South African team player KP, I suppose, especially since his value in the Indian IPA fell off a cliff!!!!!

Well we could select that wonderful South African team player KP, I suppose, especially since his value in the Indian IPA fell off a cliff!!!!!

or Jonathan Trott, or Craig Kieswetter...

But the IPL auction is a bit bias to be honest.

Why nobody bought Hashim Amla is beyond me. He is a run scoring machine...

Agree with Heineken, Amla is the best batsmen in the world for me AB gets all the cred but its Hashim who always leads the counter attack.

Embarrassing. Humiliating. Amateurish. Word I can't really use ending in "hite".

Feel sorry for those here that stayed up past 1am who watched that drivel. Kudos to NZ for a thoroughly professional, dominant display. Southee bowled some crackers and McCullum was in T20 mode.

Changes for next game(s)?

- - - Updated - - -

or Jonathan Trott, or Craig Kieswetter...

But the IPL auction is a bit bias to be honest.

Why nobody bought Hashim Amla is beyond me. He is a run scoring machine...

Kieswetter got his eye smashed by a ball last season, real questions if he'll ever play again. Trott is on his way back from his health issues, see how he goes for Warwickshire this season and you never know.

Embarrassing. Humiliating. Amateurish. Word I can't really use ending in "hite".

Feel sorry for those here that stayed up past 1am who watched that drivel. Kudos to NZ for a thoroughly professional, dominant display. Southee bowled some crackers and McCullum was in T20 mode.

Changes for next game(s)?

- - - Updated - - -

Kieswetter got his eye smashed by a ball last season, real questions if he'll ever play again. Trott is on his way back from his health issues, see how he goes for Warwickshire this season and you never know.

I know, but he did play in SA for the Warriors in Nov-Dec during our local T20 tournament. His last game was on 3 December 2014. And Trott was at that time also in SA playing for England A.

Latest posts