• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cricket World Cup 2015

or Jonathan Trott, or Craig Kieswetter...

But the IPL auction is a bit bias to be honest.

Why nobody bought Hashim Amla is beyond me. He is a run scoring machine...

Well, he's a very, very good test and ODI batsman, I'll grant you that, but I'm not so sure about 20/20.

He's ranked 26th on the ICC 20/20 rankings, and in 2014, he is ranked 60th on Strike Rate at around 124. The top 50 all have strike rates over 150, and fast scoring from the get-go is what 20/20 is all about.

BTW, I just bthought I would put in that IMO, Kevin Pietersen is an supercilious, arrogant, self centred arsehole. The atmosphere surrounding him is as toxic as it gets.

Just wanted to get that out.... I feel better now!!

Last edited:
Last night was an absolute disaster for English Cricket in every way possible, Dreadful bowling and even worse batting! I want to blame the players but they are very good players and that is why or have been selected. The one man I blame is Peter Moores, he was shocking first time round and we have just gone full circle ! He does not let players relax, its all about being in nets, nets and more nets ! Not letting a player relax and play how they feel and prepare how player wants to prepare, KP goes into this in his book.

He also sets up a Bowling plan and does not allow players to change that plan even though it is clearly not working, he needs to go and fast !

BTW, I just bthought I would put in that IMO, Kevin Pietersen is an supercilious, arrogant, self centred arsehole. The atmosphere surrounding him is as toxic as it gets.

Just wanted to get that out.... I feel better now!!

I knew I liked you SC!!

Much better showing from Afghanistan from last night. With some better fielding and say 20-30 more runs they could well have won that. Superb knock from Jayawardene, class innings under pressure

India now wnt to know "why weren't we included as favourites". After that stuffing of SA they are

Much better showing from Afghanistan from last night. With some better fielding and say 20-30 more runs they could well have won that. Superb knock from Jayawardene, class innings under pressure

India now wnt to know "why weren't we included as favourites". After that stuffing of SA they are

They are always favourites in my book. Hell, they are the current defending champions.

Not that Yesterday's game made all that much of a difference. I think SA learned more out of the game than the Indians did:
1. Imran Tahir should play against the Asian teams, and he can bowl economically against teams who are strong against spin.
2. Wayne Parnell shouldn't play a game again. He's undisciplined, unmotivated, and cracks under pressure.
3. Quinton De Kock was rushed back into the team after his injury, and isn't on form (yet).
4. Bowling short of a length will not work on the slower aussie pitches like the MCG.

I think it was good that we "choked" in this game. Just the motivation we needed.

Disagree about Parnell the guy is a talent he just needs to mature, if Amla starts firing the Proteas will win the cup, if not they will be knocked out before the final.

Disagree about Parnell the guy is a talent he just needs to mature, if Amla starts firing the Proteas will win the cup, if not they will be knocked out before the final.

Mature??

The guy has been involved with the team for the last 5 years!! How much time does he still need??? It was a mistake to take him instead of Ryan Mcclaren.

Ryan Mcclaren is a journeyman who has been traumatized by MJ, Parnell is a match winner who sparked the test victory over Aus last year. A match winner always trumps the journeyman.

Ryan Mcclaren is a journeyman who has been traumatized by MJ, Parnell is a match winner who sparked the test victory over Aus last year. A match winner always trumps the journeyman.

Ryan Mcclaren had the best bowling figures and took the most wickets for South Africa from the beginning of 2014 until before the World Cup. There is no stat which shows Parnell performed better than Mclaren on a consistent basis.

Parnell burst onto the scene with some hype but hasn't translated it into more than the odd great performance. Yes he can take 5-6 for 30 or 40 off but equally can go 0-70 or 80

Dat Chris Gayle doe.

What a show of hitting power, shame he doesn't do that more often.

Great Irish win too, fought back from a tough spot and got the win against a good UAE team. N

Fantastic game between UAE and Ireland. Some great cricket. Also props to Afghanistan for beating a below average Scotland side.

So there were a few interesting matches the past few days.

On friday, AB de Villiers was again on fire against the West Indies, scoring the fastest 150 in ODI history. He now holds the record for the fastest 50, 100 and 150 in ODI's. Then Chris Gayle was bowled without troubling the scorers, and in the end SA won quite comfortably.

Then the game of the weekend for me, Aus vs. NZ. Australia were stuttering along, with some great bowling by NZ. Them Mccullum went into rampage mode, only for the rest of the batsmen (apart from Williamson) to get out cheaply, thanx to some great bowling by Mitchell Starc. In the end NZ had just enough to get over the line.

And then England continued their losing streak against Sri Lanka. And Pakistan just barely won against Zimbabwe to notch up their first win of the campaign.

No Games today. And then tomorrow it starts again with South Africa up against Ireland.

So there were a few interesting matches the past few days.

On friday, AB de Villiers was again on fire against the West Indies, scoring the fastest 150 in ODI history. He now holds the record for the fastest 50, 100 and 150 in ODI's. Then Chris Gayle was bowled without troubling the scorers, and in the end SA won quite comfortably.

Then the game of the weekend for me, Aus vs. NZ. Australia were stuttering along, with some great bowling by NZ. Them Mccullum went into rampage mode, only for the rest of the batsmen (apart from Williamson) to get out cheaply, thanx to some great bowling by Mitchell Starc. In the end NZ had just enough to get over the line.

And then England continued their losing streak against Sri Lanka. And Pakistan just barely won against Zimbabwe to notch up their first win of the campaign.

No Games today. And then tomorrow it starts again with South Africa up against Ireland.

By my maths hes hit 311 off 160 balls in the last 2 ODI's against WI. Ouch.

So South Africa has just become the first team to get 400 in back-to-back ODI's.

Hashim Amla is now also the fastest to 20 ODI Centuries.

SA managed to score 411/4 in their 50 overs against Ireland.

England have just been knocked out of the World Cup, by Bangladesh!!

Oh I can see that Geoffrey Boycott is going to have a field day!

England have just been knocked out of the World Cup, by Bangladesh!!

Oh I can see that Geoffrey Boycott is going to have a field day!
Everybody will it's a *expletive deleted* disgrace. We've looked utter rubbish for ages with actual talented players (Root, Hales, Buttler, etc.) yet as usual the tosspots at the top don't seam to have a bloody clue.

People moan about Lancaster with the Rugby team but he's not the grade A fool that is Peter Moores.

11048738_437308443095175_326397211142417530_n.jpg

Latest posts