• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders > All Blacks

B

bjok

The Crusaders side is a better team than this AB selection.
The only possible area the AB’s are stronger is in the front row, but that is debatable as Tialata is a dangerous hothead who shouldn’t be in the squad.
Apart from that;
2nd row: same
Backrow: Read & Tuiali’i > So’oialo & Kaino
9/10: same
Centres: Bateman & Laulala way > no brain Nonu & absolute no talent Smith
Wings( =): Hamilton > Tuitavake Sivivatu > Poki
15: McDonald > Mils
And most importantly of all DEANS >>>> henry the lier. “Judge me on the World Cupâ€
Well we did and you suck so be a man and f!#@ off!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting comparison.

Gotta say that Kahui is the man for me at centre.

The only possible area the AB's are stronger is in the front row, but that is debatable as Tialata is a dangerous hothead who shouldn't be in the squad.
Apart from that;
Backrow: Read & Tuiali'i > So'oialo & Kaino
And most importantly of all DEANS >>>> henry the lier. "Judge me on the World Cup"
[/b]

You can't seriously think Scott Hamilton is a good wing! Kade Poki is better than him! Scott Hamilton drops the ball and is slow and pretty useless. The only reason Sean Maitland wasn't playing in the semi and final was cause Scott Hamilton has more experience.

Yes......Tuitavake is way better than Hamilton. Tuitavake's problem is that he never had Deans as a coach to turn that natural talent into gold....but still he is all over Hamilton.

Bateman is safe but not of the talent that Nonu is when it comes to the crunch. Nonu's dilemma is that he plays for the Hurricanes instead of playing for Deans...otherwise he would be amazing with Carter and Laulala on both sides directing him.

I think Read is better than Collins at the moment but not quite as good as Sooialo who is just a bit more of a workhorse in the loose. Sooialo's problem is that he never had Deans as a coach to show him how to be more effective.

Laulala is a better runner than Smith but he is a bit loose when timing his tackles and his misses can leave gaps...while Smith is very safe at reading the attack. Smith would have been perfect if he had Deans showing him how to run his lines.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

I am a dyed in the wool, one eyed Crusaders supporter. Even I have to agree with Candybum here.

Scott Hamilton is a very good winger; an honest 100% effort guy you can rely on to give his very best every time he takes the field. However, Hamilton's best is nowhere near Anthony Tuitavake's. AT is a class above Hamilton. He has outright speed, and acceleration, and the the most deceptive step I have seen since Christian Cullen at his very best.

AT did not get a chance to shine against Ireland. That's just the conditions. Put him on a fast hard track against England and he will definitely give their backs some trouble.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

I am a dyed in the wool, one eyed Crusaders supporter. Even I have to agree with Candybum here.

Scott Hamilton is a very good winger; an honest 100% effort guy you can rely on to give his very best every time he takes the field. However, Hamilton's best is nowhere near Anthony Tuitavake's. AT is a class above Hamilton. He has outright speed, and acceleration, and the the most deceptive step I have seen since Christian Cullen at his very best.

AT did not get a chance to shine against Ireland. That's just the conditions. Put him on a fast hard track against England and he will definitely give their backs some trouble.
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, I agree with your points, but you forgot to mention AT is unreliable, lazy, can't hadle pressure situations, a poor decision maker, crap passer, kicker, tackler... , also that Scotty is an awesome line kicker, does the right thing at the right time, covers fullback (& loose forward), great tackler...
People always mistakenly overrate the ability to step (eg AT & Luke McAllister) and underrate passing, catching, kicking, tackling (eg Scotty & Aaron Mauger). It is far more important to do the latter consistently than to make the occassional break.

Bjok writes....

AT is unreliable, lazy, can't handle pressure situations, a poor decision maker, crap passer, kicker, tackler... ,

People always mistakenly overrate the ability to step (eg AT & Luke McAllister) and underrate passing, catching, kicking, tackling (eg Scotty & Aaron Mauger). It is far more important to do the latter consistently than to make the occassional break.

So you think that Messrs Henry Hansen and Smith have overlooked these 'obvious' faults in his game because he can
make the 'occasional break' :rolleyes:

As they say in Mangatinoka..... Yeah right!!!!

Bjok writes....

AT is unreliable, lazy, can't handle pressure situations, a poor decision maker, crap passer, kicker, tackler... ,

So you think that Messrs Henry Hansen and Smith have overlooked these 'obvious' faults in his game because he can
make the 'occasional break' :rolleyes:

As they say in Mangatinoka..... Yeah right!!!!

[/b]
Yep..just like they missed ; playing their best team in the run up to the WC; playing an injured DC; playing McA instead of Mauger; giving the team too much gym work; ........

The only possible area the AB's are stronger is in the front row, but that is debatable as Tialata is a dangerous hothead who shouldn't be in the squad.
Apart from that;
Backrow: Read & Tuiali'i > So'oialo & Kaino
And most importantly of all DEANS >>>> henry the lier. "Judge me on the World Cup"
[/b]

BJOK

you gota be on crack if u rate Hamilton....over sivi and tuitavake.

All of the attributes that Hamilton posesses can be trained, the simple fact of the matter is that you can't train natural talent and Hamilton is a long way behind Tuitavake and Sivi in that department. If Tui, Sivi and Hamilton all had the same training from the same top coach, the difference between them would come down to their underlying natural talents.
As for Deans being some master coach, I think we should hold off on singing his praises until he has done something to prove himself in the test arena. Henry has achieved great things with the ABs if people could look past a single loss, he has one of the best winning records of any coach. The simple fact of the matter is that world cups are not a measure of which team or coach is the best, it's all about who can win the one offs and I still firmly believe that referees CAN decide the outcome of a game and the only person who should be blamed for NZ's early exit is Barnes. But kiwis seem to think their side should win no matter what, that's unrealistic, I say blame the ref and support your coach.

Latest posts