• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders could play home game in London and Auckland

I want to go to this so want to know who else is going to go...

If we can buy them all in the same area it would be a great day out...

Come on lets know if your gonna go...

30 pounds for the cheapest ticket is a lot of money. On the other hand, 14 Springboks in the Sharks-squad, 12 All Blacks in the Crusaders squad... That certainly promises a big clash!

There are 14 All Blacks in the Crusaders i think.. They are capable of fielding a team of 13 ABs plus Robbie Fruean and 4 try Sean Maitland who have both been on fire. Thats also leaving Chris Jack on the bench. Its worth the money imho

Will know in the next couple of days whether I can make it - Really want to though, just to see Fruean tearing it up in person

Are both teams likely top field a full strength squad?

Barring injury, I would imagine so.

Every player in both squads will want to play in this game. This is especially so for players like the Crusaders' Andrew Whitelock, Johnathon Poff, Quentin MacDonald, Willi Heinz, Matt Berquist and Tom Marshall, and the Sharks' Louis Ludik, Alistair Hargreaves, Steven Sykes and Craig Burden, all of whom have little if any chance of National honours and so may never again get the chance to play at the spiritual Home of Rugby.

Will know in the next couple of days whether I can make it - Really want to though, just to see Fruean tearing it up in person

Both teams will play their best teams...very important game for both. Sharks have 15 Test Springboks and 2 Barbarian Boks(don't have test Caps)...i think Sykes might have a test cap, but not sure. The only Bok that won't be available for the game is JP Pieterson.

@The Ref...Bakkies Botha and Matfield are not playing for Boks after world Cup...Sykes and Hargreaves (Think both have already got a test cap on end of year tour) are the most Likely to fill those Spots, but Obviously not in the starting side...Flip van der merwe and Andries Bekker should be 4 and 5 and hopefully Danie Rossouw on the Bench. To be honest i would choose Sykes over Van der Merwe, but we will see what happens.

Last edited:
Barring injury, I would imagine so.

Every player in both squads will want to play in this game. This is especially so for players like the Crusaders' Andrew Whitelock, Johnathon Poff, Quentin MacDonald, Willi Heinz, Matt Berquist and Tom Marshall, and the Sharks' Louis Ludik, Alistair Hargreaves, Steven Sykes and Craig Burden, all of whom have little if any chance of National honours and so may never again get the chance to play at the spiritual Home of Rugby.

You are Pieter de Villiers and I claim my £5.

Would love to go but just not going to be able to afford it.

Just got tickets for the game. Can't wait. should be amazing. Any one else getting/got tickets?

should be awesome, though I bet it will be on at like 5am or something in NZ :(

Just got tickets for the game. Can't wait. should be amazing. Any one else getting/got tickets?

Enjoy the game...i am sure it will be a good one; just hope it is a dry day, then you guys should be treated to some awesome running rugby from both sides.

Hoping for dry weather this time of the year in our region is like asking Elton John to be straight...

Hoping for dry weather this time of the year in our region is like asking Elton John to be straight...

Are you saying he's gay :eek:

If the weathers good i should be an amazing game. Im sat in lower tier, weststand block L3, right on one of the 22's i think.

Cant wait

YAAASSSS!!!

My dad has air miles that are due to expire next month, so instead of doing that we are heading off to Twickers to support the Sharks

I here by declare myself a Sharks uber fan, following the team all over the world B)

YAAASSSS!!!

My dad has air miles that are due to expire next month, so instead of doing that we are heading off to Twickers to support the Sharks

I here by declare myself a Sharks uber fan, following the team all over the world B)

Wow!!! Enjoy Buddy...make sure i can hear you shouting for the boys while i watch on My TV!!!:D

should be awesome, though I bet it will be on at like 5am or something in NZ :(

Either way I'm getting up to watch it. This is a historic game plus it's at Twickers. I hope it sells out.

I imagine they'd field full strength teams, because if they don't & any of the other super rugby teams go out there again, bugger all people will show up.

The Sharks have found a pretty clever way to negate all the jet lag and what not, by spending the week in the build up to the game in SA, as opposed to flying to the
UK directly, so in terms of playing the Stormers the following week, they will be much better off than originally

Am I correct in saying that a sell-out would result in this being the highest attendance for a Superrugby game, league or knock-out phase?

Latest posts