• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders sign Spanish union star

L

loratadine

Crusaders sign Spanish union star
Celtic Crusaders have signed Spanish rugby union international David Mota.
The 19-year-old centre, an architecture student in Madrid, travels to Wales this week to train ahead of Saturday's Challenge Cup tie at Rochdale Hornets.

"I've worked with David in the Spanish squad for some time," said Crusaders chief executive Chris O'Callaghan.

"He is an immense talent. How he hasn't been picked up by some of the Guinness Premiership sides is beyond me, but their loss is our gain."

He's already been given the name 'Dai Motor' by the backroom staff

Chris O'Callaghan

Mota has a limited background in the 13-man format.

"David has been watching Super League in the Haka bar in Madrid which is run by one of his Spanish international colleagues," said O'Callaghan.

"He's already been given the name 'Dai Motor' by the backroom staff and I'm now trying to persuade the Welsh Rugby League that he's Welsh!

"I made up a story that his grandfather was a Welsh miner who fought in the Spanish Civil War and opened up a garage in Madrid.

"The locals knew him as Dai the Motor and his surname got changed to the Spanish version!"

How.. unprofessional. Is he converting to rugby league or is it just for the challenge cup?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 30 2006, 06:56 PM
Source please?
worcestersauce8mr.jpg

Guys, guys, guys....

Lora - It's not that I didn't believe you (I speak for myself, obviously not others) it's just that I don't want to get stung for copyright!

The Truth - thanks for sticking up for me, but to be fair to Lora I only put the thread about sourcing up after reading this thread, and to be fair to Lora again he isn't the first person whose done this.

Shake and make up?

nah sorry mate, im a lovable rogue and the truth is just another one on the long list

Latest posts