• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Crusaders target SA talent

That must be a pisstake surely. The first line says "Crusaders of New Zealand is planning" for fucks sake.
You would think that with all the millions of dollars in their poaching budget they could afford a proof reader with a handle on the english language. Im calling bullshit on this one, again.

ranger, we had a slight altercation a while back, but I have to say this now. You are wonderful, the voice of reason. What are you studying at Vic?

Last edited:
As I've mentioned too many times now, this letter only shows that the Crusaders are offering a training program, there is no mention of signing players from South Africa to play in New Zealand. As mentioned many, many, many times, the unique opportunity doesn't involve selection for the Crusaders, it means to be trained by the Crusaders for a South African Sporting Academy. Your highlighting of the word "selection" does not mean it is selection for the Crusaders, it means selection to the South African Academy. Once again I can't stress the point enough which you fail to see time and time again. There is no mention of possible selection for Canterbury and/or the Crusaders.

You posted once before I joined in, so stop with the idea that I invaded the conversation, there is one post between when you started and when I joined in.

As for not presenting any facts, I have offered numerous facts and reasons why the Crusaders are not poaching from South Africa which include showing why your one posted article does not offer any facts towards the Crusaders poaching. I've also added (along with ranger of course), that New Zealand Rugby and the Crusaders (if you want evidence for Crusaders budget problems, just let me know, here is an article for you to start with http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provincial/3641513/Canterbury-rugby-can-t-retain-players) are not able to afford their own youth players so importing South African players makes no sense. If you read my posts without dismissing them, you would realise you don't have a leg to stand on. Though I'll commend you for the length of your post, even is most of it is copy and pasted.

Another problem with your argument is that it is circular; you refer to the piece of evidence in which is being disputed upon, and then highlight "fact" when presenting it. Once again you make a mess of yourself. My posts do not only point out that you have the grammar of a retarded baby chimp, but also offer substance, something which all of your posts lack. It was however a nice attempt to retain some credibility, pity it fell over on itself. You are right on one, and only one thing, I did misspell rebuttal. That makes -
Nick spelling mistakes on this topic: 1
Bokbe4k spelling mistakes on this topic: 45 (and counting...)

On the issue of me being a slow poster, who edits his posts, fine. I'd rather be slow then uneducated and disliked.

Now, once again. Digest what I have said, I'm not going to post the same thing over and over again to answer your questions, I appreciate you are a slow learner and therefore I do what I can to make these posts easy for you to understand but this is starting to get petty and tedious. If you have any further questions or wish to challenge any of my statements, please feel free to do so and I will offer you links to back them up. I know the internet can be a scary place sometimes, and if you need someone to help you use the basic functions, just feel free to ask.

Sometimes Bok, it's better to pick your battles more carefully, I'd suggest perhaps training by arguing against a wall and then move up from there, trees, pets, babies, small children...and in a few years time, when you feel your ready, try your luck against TRF members, k?

Man you are so predictable,there you go again mouthing off the same old dribble,different words maybe but nothing new.All that article states is that now there is more than enough reason to get younger players in "from somewhere else" and place them under junior contracts,you know what that is right?If you don't feel free to ask I promise I wont use big words.Another point is that this article has nothing to do with this thread,just because the crusaders have financial problems does not stop them from doing anything,there is not one mention in that article that says the crusaders cant recruit new and younger players or cant afford to do so.
Please do me a favor if you are going to post something bring some originality to the table,you know,something new.And the fact that you're keeping count of my spelling mistakes doesn't say much about your social life.I can also see that,just to prove me wrong you did not edit your post,it shows btw.

*waiting for insults and some nonsense nickdzn likes to call facts*

Man you are so predictable,there you go again mouthing off the same old dribble,different words maybe but nothing new.All that article states is that now there is more than enough reason to get younger players in "from somewhere else" and place them under junior contracts,you know what that is right?If you don't feel free to ask I promise I wont use big words.Another point is that this article has nothing to do with this thread,just because the crusaders have financial problems does not stop them from doing anything,there is not one mention in that article that says the crusaders cant recruit new and younger players or cant afford to do so.
Please do me a favor if you are going to post something bring some originality to the table,you know,something new.And the fact that you're keeping count of my spelling mistakes doesn't say much about your social life.I can also see that,just to prove me wrong you did not edit your post,it shows btw.

*waiting for insults and some nonsense nickdzn likes to call facts*

Well, you haven't contributed anything to the contrary; I asked if there was a point to dispute I would provide evidence. And yes, having no money obviously stops you from recruiting over seas talent. Do you really wish to deny NZ rugby is in financial trouble? My post is predictable because your posts are so poor, that answers towards your posts are so easy to find. Until you learn how to put spaces between words, I suggest you don't comment at all on my posts, especially since they are pretty accurate.
Other than your usual habit of ignoring all points, you haven't pulled me up on any facts. New Zealand rugby took a record loss of $14m in 2009. If the Crusaders can't afford their top talent and are having financial problems, it makes sense for them not to go over seas to recruit, and more sense to foster home grown talent, furthermore it gives plenty of reason to accept the offer to promote South African Rugby Academies for money. Most of this is common sense, what are you having trouble with? As for "originality", sorry if my posts aren't original enough for you, I guess factual content and reasonable arguments have become too predictable, however the guess work, insults and poor arguments you seem to blurt out, while perhaps more original, offer very little to this forum. I also find the comments of originality funny seeing as you are recycling all my comments, but never mind.
It takes 20 seconds to count your spelling mistakes, and an equally short time to fix them you just copy and paste into a word processor. As a genuine offer of advice, I suggest you copy your post into a word processor and then fix the mistakes and after it is error free, then post. My spelling isn't what it should be so if I'm not sure of a post, I do that. If you wish to offer any new material to this topic feel free to do so. I'm really getting bored with you. Too much of this topic has become a slag fest, I guess I'm equally to blame. I know you'll be looking forward to the last word so here is your chance, I suggest you make it decent. After your next post, please move on to presenting a different argument in which the sources arn't as speculative. As ranger pointed out, "The Crusaders are planning" can't be offered up as fact, as it is pure speculation.

All the best,
Nick

Last edited:
Please do me a favor if you are going to post something bring some originality to the table,you know,something new.And the fact that you're keeping count of my spelling mistakes doesn't say much about your social life.

Lol, pwned again.

That must be a pisstake surely. The first line says "Crusaders of New Zealand is planning" for fucks sake.
You would think that with all the millions of dollars in their poaching budget they could afford a proof reader with a handle on the english language. Im calling bullshit on this one, again.

What do you expect, the guy is afrikaans, but then again it could be right seeing that crusaders is a single entity, it would just sound a bit silly if I said "the crusaders are a single entity" and seeing that he did not say "the" crusader also suggests that the name of the club is used and therefore not pluralizing the crusaders.
Don't know gonna have to check.

lol, funny thing, my little girl spelt it like that once when she made a card for me so I just went with it.Its those little things kids do you hold on to.
Well now you've gone and made me feel like an arsehole, thanks :p

Well, you haven't contributed anything to the contrary; I asked if there was a point to dispute I would provide evidence. And yes, having no money obviously stops you from recruiting over seas talent. Do you really wish to deny NZ rugby is in financial trouble? My post is predictable because your posts are so poor, that answers towards your posts are so easy to find. Until you learn how to put spaces between words, I suggest you don't comment at all on my posts, especially since they are pretty accurate.
Other than your usual habit of ignoring all points, you haven't pulled me up on any facts. New Zealand rugby took a record loss of $14m in 2009. If the Crusaders can't afford their top talent and are having financial problems, it makes sense for them not to go over seas to recruit, and more sense to foster home grown talent, furthermore it gives plenty of reason to accept the offer to promote South African Rugby Academies for money. Most of this is common sense, what are you having trouble with? As for "originality", sorry if my posts aren't original enough for you, I guess factual content and reasonable arguments have become too predictable, however the guess work, insults and poor arguments you seem to blurt out, while perhaps more original, offer very little to this forum. I also find the comments of originality funny seeing as you are recycling all my comments, but never mind.
It takes 20 seconds to count your spelling mistakes, and an equally short time to fix them you just copy and paste into a word processor. As a genuine offer of advice, I suggest you copy your post into a word processor and then fix the mistakes and after it is error free, then post. My spelling isn't what it should be so if I'm not sure of a post, I do that. If you wish to offer any new material to this topic feel free to do so. I'm really getting bored with you. Too much of this topic has become a slag fest, I guess I'm equally to blame. I know you'll be looking forward to the last word so here is your chance, I suggest you make it decent. After your next post, please move on to presenting a different argument in which the sources arn't as speculative. As ranger pointed out, "The Crusaders are planning" can't be offered up as fact, as it is pure speculation.

All the best,
Nick

@bokbe4k and @nickdnz
First of all, from what I have read on this post you both have valid points, but I must admit that letter that bok posted does make it seem that the crusaders had those intentions, now dont bring the hate, I just said it seems that way.Starting with the first page this all actually started with your comment nick, saying that it is poor journalism because immediately you attack the RSA and then bok comes and talks about your justice system, you know that was uncalled for but then the next post from nick really bothered me by calling the RSA the murder capital of the world,for me that was provocation beyond anything else and the post that really started it all, it was bad form from you nick, it is a very sensitive subject and with that the mud slinging began.Bokbe4k I thought you said some funny things but just remember this my friend, nobody likes a smart a$$ and nickdnz you're not as all knowing and as innocent as you think you are and sarcasm really isn't your strong suit and saying that you put someone in his place over the internet and then taking credit for it is just the funniest and silliest thing Iv ever heard, you put someone in his place face to face, not over the internet, thats what we call an internet tough guy and please for the sake of all of us will both of you just stop with this grammar thing, from what Iv read on these threads no ones spelling is up to scratch, and that includes both of you I did not realize this is grammar school.You can say what want but it is apparent that you both have a good knowledge of the game so stick to it, if you are going to debate about something do it in good spirit, the way rugby is(or at least supposed to be).

I didn't ask your opinion, however, claiming that this was a case of poor journalism isn't an attack on a country and if you look, I wasn't the first person the bring that up. As for sarcasm not being my strong suit, thanks for that, anyone who thinks "And the fact that you're keeping count of my spelling mistakes doesn't say much about your social life." warrants a "lol pwned", I'm not too interested in your opinion on wit. I don't consider myself to be overly intelligent by any means, I simply take pride in my posts, and do my best to present arguments with evidence and an open mind. Please don't respond as I'm not interested in what either you or Bokbe4k have to say on this argument, if you wish to debate on the topic, feel absolutely free and I hope you contribute well to both this topic and this forum. As Bokbe4k, hasn't responded to my previous post, I can presume he's taken the sensible option to end this argument, your post seems like it's stirring up sh*t.

Last edited:
I didn't ask your opinion, however, claiming that this was a case of poor journalism isn't an attack on a country and if you look, I wasn't the first person the bring that up. As for sarcasm not being my strong suit, thanks for that, anyone who thinks "And the fact that you're keeping count of my spelling mistakes doesn't say much about your social life." warrants a "lol pwned", I'm not too interested in your opinion on wit. I don't consider myself to be overly intelligent by any means, I simply take pride in my posts, and do my best to present arguments with evidence and an open mind. Please don't respond as I'm not interested in what either you or Bokbe4k have to say on this argument, if you wish to debate on the topic, feel absolutely free and I hope you contribute well to both this topic and this forum. As Bokbe4k, hasn't responded to my previous post, I can presume he's taken the sensible option to end this argument, your post seems like it's stirring up sh*t.

That's cool, I never really asked for a response though but somehow I gathered you would, but hey that's your business, moving on.

ranger, we had a slight altercation a while back, but I have to say this now. You are wonderful, the voice of reason. What are you studying at Vic?

Thanks man, i like the way you handled that guy. And i'm studying psychology, i really spend the bulk of my time just ******* around though

Thanks man, i like the way you handled that guy. And i'm studying psychology, i really spend the bulk of my time just ******* around though

Hah, I'm studying Psychology as well, what year/paper?

Last edited:
Alright since this has gone way off topic, you on the left, you on the right look at me, shut the **** up already.

Hah, I'm studying Psychology as well, what year/paper?

First year. Well sort of.
I did a year at Massey Palmerston studying environmental planning but realized towards the end of the year that it was ****-boring. I couldn't transfer many papers so i'm pretty much first year again. Wbu

Yeah, I'm first year. I'm doing Psych 121 this trimester but will be doing 221 next trimester, simply because I cound't get into Psych 124 as I was unorganised.

I hope it's not true.
There is nothing wrong with importing talent but when you look at the premier league all top teams consist most out of non British players.
There is enough talent in New Zealand.

Some of these posts cracks me off. Who cares if the Crusaders are poaching SA talent. We all know they aren't poaching excess polynesian and maori talent. According to Andy Haden anyways ahaha...

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm first year. I'm doing Psych 121 this trimester but will be doing 221 next trimester, simply because I cound't get into Psych 124 as I was unorganised.

Oh didn't notice you commented back, how did you find the exam? And how are you able to do second year papers already? i wish i could i have been bored out of my mind with the easy **** this semester (as the amount of time i spend here probably shows)

Latest posts