• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Natal Sharks - Golden Lions (15-10-2011, 19:10)

Who's that? Brüssow won't play this year because of a shoulder injury.

Yeah yeah yeah Heini... How many play offs have you played this year? ;)

And while we're at it... Sharks and Bulls played eachother 7 times in the last 12 months, us winning 5, you only 2 ;)

Future will be tough on you guys. Steenkamp, Bakkies, Matfield, FdP, Rossouw (and probably Spies) will all be leaving.

It will be difficult for you guys to fill the gaps. You have Wilhelm Steenkamp and Dawie Steyn joining and Vermaak should be able to perform as a scrumhalf, but still... Losing that many Springboks at once might take a while to recover from.

Future will be tough on you guys. Steenkamp, Bakkies, Matfield, FdP, Rossouw (and probably Spies) will all be leaving.

It will be difficult for you guys to fill the gaps. You have Wilhelm Steenkamp and Dawie Steyn joining and Vermaak should be able to perform as a scrumhalf, but still... Losing that many Springboks at once might take a while to recover from.

true, but with Heyneke there, we are building a good squad... Also when Johan Sadie, JJ Engelbrecht and Josh Strauss Joins, our squad will look all round a bit better...

I would hate to see Strauss leave Joburg for PTA.

This whole gentlemans agreement should be signed ASAP

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I would hate to see Strauss leave Joburg for PTA.

This whole gentlemans agreement should be signed ASAP

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Only if Ted Mosby (Architect) and Barney Stinson say: "A Gentlemen's Agreement, Kazaaa!" afterwards...

So, we still have problems in midfield...
I was hoping Joubert would be the great redeemer, but I actually find myself missing Bosman! What I would give for Ludik to be fit; Lambie to 12 with Adi at 13. (Any injury news on him?)

Adi is still likely to miss this week, but it is touch and go and he may yet feature.

Shame, I actually feel for the Lions. To do so well, then have the final hurdle doubled in height.

Even John Mitchell must be haten' Bryce Lawrence.

Sharks to meet the wee coastal team in the final in Durban, we can't screw up against the Cheetahs again...

Against the Cheetahs we will win. In Durban, we never struggle with them. It's time for revenge!!! No more 2009 nightmare!

In the final it's either a replay of the 2010 final (with Lambie as the MotM again) or a final in Joburg which we never lost in our history. I am very confident.

I know it will have some jumping with glee, but I am kinda disappointed that Smit will not feature in the knock-out stages for us.

He has been a great servant for Natal rugby, and deserves far more than one Currie Cup medal.

Best of luck at SA_Racens

I know it will have some jumping with glee, but I am kinda disappointed that Smit will not feature in the knock-out stages for us.

He has been a great servant for Natal rugby, and deserves far more than one Currie Cup medal.

Best of luck at SA_Racens

Now that you mention that, I was wondering the other day why they don't do it in Rugby like they do it in cricket... Have a fairwell benefit match?

I know Brian Lara had one where he compiled a team of players he played with either National, County, Club and then they play a match against some other legends of the game...

Let John Smit, Fourie Du Preez, Victor Matfield and all those other stalwarts compile 2 legend teams and just have one last hoorrah! I'll pay good money to watch that... on one condition though, they have to FORCE Stefan Terblanche to join them on the retirees list... Seriously, he's all the more becoming dead weight...