• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Natal Sharks - Golden Lions (15-10-2011, 19:10)

Argh! Joubert!

He spots a huge gap in the Lions defense, has a long look at it, then steps inside into a tackler.

:(

He learns well from old Stef... Finding the gaps and then dodging them. Pure (cl)ass!!!

Do you guys think that the refs little explanation of why he only gave a yellow for the tip was a result of today's incident?

My word he is being harsh on the Lions at times.

How a tackle can be pinged for being high when it is at waist height when the tackled player ducks at the last instant is beyond me.

Last edited:
Fun fact: Did you know that every Currie Cup final between these 2 teams was won by the visitors?

Let's hope they both make the final then ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Fun fact: Did you know that every Currie Cup final between these 2 teams was won by the visitors?

Let's hope they both make the final then ;)

I feel slightly better now. I must apologise to you, Eze, I laughed when I saw your prediction.
53-9 final score, Freddie 8/8 for kicks. Bring on the Cheetahs!

I feel slightly better now. I must apologise to you, Eze, I laughed when I saw your prediction.
53-9 final score, Freddie 8/8 for kicks. Bring on the Cheetahs!

Yes, I'm awesome, Thanks haha

Isn't it fun? No play offs in Pretoria at all this year... We can do this. Get revenge for 2009 and go on to win at Ellis Park!!!

I know the Lions didn't start with Jantjies, Killian, Des Fountain, Maku and Minnie, but even when those guys came on we gave them a right tonking. The second half is what happens when the Sharks play to their potential, teams cannot live with them.

I still think that WP with their Boks back will beat the Lions, so Durban final.

Last edited:
For such a little bugger Botes is as tough as nails. Love watching him play, so fearless.
Great team performance, very pleased and feel slightly confident.
Help me John Plumtree, you're my only hope!

He scored a hattrick against the All Blacks even

Edit: woops just saw your post Eze, yeah he was pretty good back in the day.

He wasn't even half bad in Frogland, had a much better second half yesterday, the angle he ran for Kanko's first try, at this pace he did it with with the timing of the off-load was simply sublime. Atoned for his previous indescretions.

Everyone in the whole team gets the bare minimum of 8/10, must have been so hard to pick the MotM (Kanko). The true stars for me yesterday were:
Hoffman- Great, superb delivery. Showed why he can play fly-half with some brilliant touch-finders of receiving kick-offs and such. Little darts kept the Lions on their toes near the ruck, and unlike McLeod he showed strength to hold the ball up until support could arrive. Managed the rucks well and made the correct decision of what to do with the ball almost most of the time.

Kanko- Jeez, someone must have built a time machine and gone and fetched the Kanko we all love from a few years ago. He showed strength, agility, pace, vision, intensity and support lines that have been sorely lacking from our back-row in the past 2 years. One swallow doesn't make a swallow, but for me Kanko has never been an inconsistent player, he shows long stretches of form as opposed to short bursts, hopefully this will carry on through the finals and into next year. With Alberts, Daniel, Botes and Coetzee having strong games, Plumtree will have some selection headaches next week. However I think Coetzee will go to the bench, and to think that next year with hopefully fully fit locks that Deysel will have to be factored in. Can we enter a second string side into the S15?

Skeate- By faaaaaaaaaaarrrr and away his best game in the black and white. Brilliant work in the line-outs, our ball and disrupting theirs. Collected a couple of kicks very well and ensured they were dealt with by moving into space where support was. Made lots of ground through shorts runs throughout the night, always got over the advantage line. Organized the defence on occasion and managed the tight five on the field very well. Looked passionate, hungry and thoroughly enjoyed himself.

The Front Row- All who played upfront yesterday deserve medals. Crushed the Lions scrum the night, all carried the ball well and over the advantage line. Were energetic in the loose.

Outside backs- Lambie regularly showing his ability to spin out of tackles against the odds, collected kicks well and moved up the field accordingly. Odwa showed some real pace at times, if that was the first time you had watched him you would swear he was faster than Mvovo, whom performed well on the night as well.

Oupa had some good moments, no really bad ones. We've discussed Joubert, Michalak was typical Michalak/ Frenchman, whether he will perform next week is anyones guess. Deysel was a little quiet, but seemed focused on his locking duties p, which was important so no problem. Alberts was a beast, however I am hesitant on singing the Boksburg praises too much, as the guys they replaced ran the Lions haggard and set up for our domination in the final quarter, Boks added some clinicalilty to our play.

Last edited:
Still waiting for the match to be up, so I can download and watch it but it will be awesome... Will give my 2 cents after that

I hope so... Otherwise it will be a final against the Lions at Ellis Park. Either way, Sharks will win it.

In Jo'burg, we never lost a final, in Durban against WP we didn't either. Woohoo!!!

I hope so... Otherwise it will be a final against the Lions at Ellis Park. Either way, Sharks will win it.

In Jo'burg, we never lost a final, in Durban against WP we didn't either. Woohoo!!!

Ag it's so cute to see the minnows play in a final for a change, but you still need to win your Semi... LOL!!

Well, for minnows we made a lot of play offs and finals lately ;)

HEY! WHATS THIS?...the RWC is still on, no more talk of the Currie cup lol.

Agreed, you'll probably win either final set-up as we won't be able to compete with our 'tight' 5.

That said, you have to get there through a very tough Cheetahs side. True, they only got 1 player back from Bok duty but that player counts for a helluva lot!

Latest posts