• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Cup 19/20

Reid starts = TBP v Exeter + MotM.

Watch out Prem Reid gonna give it to ya.

noel-reid-25-310x415.jpg

(Granted might have been a weaker Exeter team.............. :p )

Bristol 20 - Gloucester 17 last night, some good stuff and bad for both teams in what again was very much a pre season affair. Nathan Hughes looked like he tried too hard in his debut, 4 handling errors. Nasty looking injury to Gloucester prop after their scrum got shoved; hope he makes a full recovery and returns before end of season. 36 made a big difference when he came on.

Yarde back for Sale this weekend, almost a year to the day since his knee injury (when he tore everything there was to tear and his lower leg was essentially just held on by skin).

Can't wait to see him back out there, before his injury he was in the form of his career

Yarde back for Sale this weekend, almost a year to the day since his knee injury (when he tore everything there was to tear and his lower leg was essentially just held on by skin).

Can't wait to see him back out there, before his injury he was in the form of his career
He is a exciting player. No doubt about it. But i always think, Is he a bad apple ?. What i have read about him re his time at Quins. It looks like it. Sale will prove people wrong, AGAIN this year. They will be right up there. My team will be the surprise package though.

I think he did have an attitude, but much like Cipriani and JOC before him, we seem to have turned him in the right direction.
Steve Diamond did an interview over the summer (when JOC got named in the Wallaby squad) about young players who go off the rails and how to help them get over themselves, essentially.
How some need a mentor, some need someone to listen/a shoulder to cry on, and some just need someone who won't suffer their BS - seems to be working out well for us, picking up world class players on the cheap.

Sale Sharks Starting XV: 15. Chris Ashton, 14. Denny Solomona, 13. Sam James, 12. Cameron Redpath, 11. Marland Yarde, 10. Rob du Preez, 9. Embrose Papier; 1. Ross Harrison, 2. Akker van der Merwe, 3. Will-Griff John, 4. Bryn Evans, 5. Matt Postlethwaite, 6. Jono Ross (Capt), 7. Ben Curry, 8. Josh Beaumont

Replacements: 16.Rob Webber, 17. Bevan Rodd, 18. Coenie Oosthuizen, 19. James Phillips, 20. Sam Moore, 21. Will Cliff, 22. Luke James, 23. Byron McGuigan.

I hope Redpath isn't above Luke James in the pecking order when the real season starts, Luke is a far better player

Highlights of Bristol Bears vs London Irish, couple of good tries in there.

I do not know which game is on BT at the Weekend .

BT Sport-Official station of Exeter Chiefs. Home and away. It is beyond the joke.

Gloucester vs Bath on Friday
Says everything about this competition.
I'm a Bath fan, living just North of Gloucester.
Bath vs Gloucester is on TV, whilst I'm at home and the wife's away.

I didn't know before this post; and now I know; I still don't give even the slightest of a damn.

I thought Jackson Willison had left Bath?

12.10.19_LondonIrish_Away_TeamNews_TwitterFB-1455x818.jpg

Can't wait for the real season to start.

Interesting to see JLDP at lock. Feels like a precursor to Diamond trying to fit Sale's unreasonably large contingent of top quality back rowers in to one starting XV. Let's not forget that's without Tom Curry and Wilson.

Latest posts