• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pre-season Games

Well we got spanked by Glasgow. Good first half but went to **** in the second. Bothma was fantastic, but looked like he hurt his arm quite bad. Smith was the best Quin on the pitch and Matawalu is a god. Baretto is a talent, ibitoye and Earle were disapointing. We still look passive up front snd still can't catch a ball. Smith is a demon in the tackle and Matt Symons is average at best. Cheeseman is just there I guess and Marchant was ok.

Also Smith is ******* huge compared to last year. Big beefy boi, but still agile enough to grab a nice intercept try

And that's my write up.

Which arm did Bothma hurt? Surely not the same one again?

Which arm did Bothma hurt? Surely not the same one again?
Right arm it looked like. He was on the floor holding it, realised there was an overlap, got up and it looked like it was just hanging by his side, he put in a big hit and went down straight away and the medics came and took him away. He was the best Quin minus maybe Marcus before that though

Which arm was it last 3 times?

Pretty sure it was the right arm last time ...

Everyone trying to figure out whether pre-season games can be cited cause Ashton punched Rory Kockott in the face on the weekend (though frankly he should be given a medal for it)

According to a poster on Come All Within it was the other arm ... we'll find out soon enough I guess

Everyone trying to figure out whether pre-season games can be cited cause Ashton punched Rory Kockott in the face on the weekend (though frankly he should be given a medal for it)
Of course they can be cited - you don't get away with violent behaviour just because it's a "Friendly" - the only question is who is the regulating body.

Of course they can be cited - you don't get away with violent behaviour just because it's a "Friendly" - the only question is who is the regulating body.
Well yeah, that's the point. Its kinda in no mans land

Apparently for him to be cited the referee would have to personally report them both directly to world rugby.

Edit: Seems like it's a report to the RFU that's gotta happen.
I presume a short ban will be in order. 2 weeks, halved cause Kockott punched him first, then back up to 2 cause of his past record.

Last edited:
I see Leinster got a pumping from the Budgies
Yeah, for all they had barely any of their first teamers out on the pitch we still put in a decent performance.

More crucial is that many of the younger players got more gametime.

7 weeks for Ashton for a tip tackle

1 week for Kockott for an eye gouge

RFU vs FRU

Is it really a tip tackle? Isn't it off the ball and after the whistle? Making it more a straight out attack, with no reduction for guilty plea and no reduction for good behaviour...

As for kockott - the French have never considered gouging to be as bad as the rest of us do.

EXETER CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE MUNSTER

15 Phil Dollman
14 Santiago Cordero
13 Ian Whitten
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Harry Williams
4 Ollie Atkins
5 Sam Skinner
6 Don Armand
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Sam Simmonds

Replacements (from): Moray Low, Jack Innard, Elvis Taione, Alfie Petch, Tomas Francis, Toby Salmon, Sean Lonsdale, Tom Lawday, Stu Townsend, Jack Maunder, Joe Simmonds, Henry Slade, Tom Hendrickson, Tom O'Flaherty, Max Bodilly.

Good to see maunder back in there, hopfully gets some game time in

Tigers beat Irish with ease.

Youngs, Ford, Eastmond and Tuilagi clicked straight away.
Eastmond motm
Tuilagi was at his chaotic best, looking trim and from what I remember had no strapping on his leg, which is the first time since his first major injury I think.

Anyone who suggests Eastmond at 12 loses the right to whinge about Ford being too small at 10

Latest posts