• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rainbow Cup Round 3?

Glasgow beat rival Edinburgh once again. :p Alright Warriors!

This result plummeted me back into the Darkness.
Was really tough to watch. Bulls was better than us on the day. It was a battle of defences until the Bulls got tired of that game and decided to skip our defence and just score three tries.

Bulls are clinical and Sharks has got some training to do with the forwards because the Bulls forward pack bullied us, our coach described it as "manhandled"

Was really tough to watch. Bulls was better than us on the day. It was a battle of defences until the Bulls got tired of that game and decided to skip our defence and just score three tries.

Bulls are clinical and Sharks has got some training to do with the forwards because the Bulls forward pack bullied us, our coach described it as "manhandled"
The moment I saw Trevor and Lizo on the bulls bench I knew second half we will be smashed we have no depth in our front row. Was really a hard match too watch. Need to seriously get ourself a decent second option at tighthead.

Siya don't belong in the team he is utter trash. We have James Venter and Dylan who make a much bigger impact.

The moment I saw Trevor and Lizo on the bulls bench I knew second half we will be smashed we have no depth in our front row. Was really a hard match too watch. Need to seriously get ourself a decent second option at tighthead.

Siya don't belong in the team he is utter trash. We have James Venter and Dylan who make a much bigger impact.
Well we need the depth so Siya is good for us just as you mentioned with the front row. Mbonambi and Malherbe has been mentioned plus we have Mchunu to develop.

James Venter and Dylan Richardson , is going to be great in the future, but James Venter is injured at the moment and they are thinking of moving Dylan to hooker, an idea i dislike immensly. But if that secured playing time then so be it. But still they find place for Henco Venter, Pepsi Buthelezi, Notshe and Kolisi. Its good depth but not a loose forward group that i think can win an intercontinental cup. Siya will become better at the Sharks and i do think he has a good role to play in the dressing room. Im glad with the signing especially from a marketking and commercial point of view, even if he fails on the field its a win for the Sharks from a commercial point of view.

He will help penetrate the untouched markets of South Africa, lots of little kids will grow up and see South Africas first black captain who won a world cup and think they want to support the team he plays for. A generation down the line it may make us a sports team with a very strong online influence with a large fanbase. The American ownership and Roc Nation has a role to play.

Well we need the depth so Siya is good for us just as you mentioned with the front row. Mbonambi and Malherbe has been mentioned plus we have Mchunu to develop.

James Venter and Dylan Richardson , is going to be great in the future, but James Venter is injured at the moment and they are thinking of moving Dylan to hooker, an idea i dislike immensly. But if that secured playing time then so be it. But still they find place for Henco Venter, Pepsi Buthelezi, Notshe and Kolisi. Its good depth but not a loose forward group that i think can win an intercontinental cup. Siya will become better at the Sharks and i do think he has a good role to play in the dressing room. Im glad with the signing especially from a marketking and commercial point of view, even if he fails on the field its a win for the Sharks from a commercial point of view.

He will help penetrate the untouched markets of South Africa, lots of little kids will grow up and see South Africas first black captain who won a world cup and think they want to support the team he plays for. A generation down the line it may make us a sports team with a very strong online influence with a large fanbase. The American ownership and Roc Nation has a role to play.
I heard about mbonambi never knew there were rumours about Malherbe. I guess for the franchise overall Siya is a good image but in my opinion he fails on the field. I do not rate him at all.

I was wondering where James Venter is. Richardson on the flank is a beast would be sad to see him moved to hooker on a permanent basis. Why would they want to anyway we have plenty of hookers currently and Fez is a really talent. I also really like Pepsi Buthelezi he brings a ton of energy and I just enjoy his style of play.

Something I forgot was Werner Kok.. he is not a 15's player. They should have just started Volmink. Luckily I see Mapimpi is back so that will help. Am also seem like he is just jogging around maybe trying not to injury himself before the Lions.

I actually thought about how you'd take it because you're the biggest Sharks fan on this forum. This Rainbow Cup is a bit of a farce IMHO, so don't take it too hard. :)

My head is still not quite wrapped around how this competition works. Luckily there has been some good hit outs. Especially the Bulls vs Stormers game I felt had some edge.

We were very lucky to snatch a win from the Lions whereas I felt we were unlucky against both Bulls and especially Sharks not to bag a win.

You can keep Kolisi but Mbonambi and Malherbe are off limits. Our team is very green and we need all the quality and experience we can retain. I still feel if we had a bit more experience in places we'd have been 3/3 instead of 1/3.

So Bulls the early front runners from a SA POV but there is not all that much in it between these 4 teams despite what the Bulls-Sharks result's margin might suggest I wouldn't read too much into it.

My head is still not quite wrapped around how this competition works. Luckily there has been some good hit outs. Especially the Bulls vs Stormers game I felt had some edge.

We were very lucky to snatch a win from the Lions whereas I felt we were unlucky against both Bulls and especially Sharks not to bag a win.

You can keep Kolisi but Mbonambi and Malherbe are off limits. Our team is very green and we need all the quality and experience we can retain. I still feel if we had a bit more experience in places we'd have been 3/3 instead of 1/3.

So Bulls the early front runners from a SA POV but there is not all that much in it between these 4 teams despite what the Bulls-Sharks result's margin might suggest I wouldn't read too much into it.
I think the mbonambi one is a done deal. Malherbe I am not so sure about.

I have it that it is home and away games and then the log leader take the comp win. No play-off. There were also rumours of a North South log leaders match that would be amazing if it should happen

Good gain for the Sharks. Currently I think he will be the starting hooker for the Lions.

I agree with you that it was a reckless tackle, and disappointed with it as a challenge from Henshaw. However I still reckon the ref made the right call, as no laws were broken. Thought Ulster probably should have won the game, as you said they just weren't clinical enough with their finishing.
I think this is right, but as Quinlan said, you dont want people playing for schools learning that tackle is okay. Henshaw needs to be better, especially having lined him up a long way away

I hope he shows better technique on the summer tour

Plus side... Nathan Doak looked good, promising, and there are high hopes for him. Bradley Roberts really impresses me, he's so dynamic, he's a bull of a man. Nad ofc, Big Iain! James Ryan had a cracking game too

Latest posts