• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

custom camera angle

I

Inertia

is there any sports ***le out there that allows you to set your own camera height and zoom?

I think if it was possible to configure yourself it would eliminate a lot of things people hate with the cams.

THe only cam i relaly like in the game is Classic 2 but it's far too high and makes the pitch look squashed together because of the perspective. could also do with being set back a little back so you can see a bit more width of the pitch. i find it quite hard to judge kicks with the classic 2 view. i also don't like how the camera faces you for kick off.

surely, it's just a case of setting some numbers for a camera view, these days.??

r2006 needs either more camera options or the ability to tweak the standard ones.

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 15 2006, 12:57 PM

i also don't like how the camera faces you for kick off.

If you are talking about R06 then why not use classic 3. It gives you the perspective of being beind your team both halves, even for kick off

If you mean ANY sports ***les, Madden and ESPN NFL allow you to completely customize the view of camera.

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 16 2006, 01:02 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Inertia
@Feb 15 2006, 12:57 PM

i also don't like how the camera faces you for kick off.

If you are talking about R06 then why not use classic 3. It gives you the perspective of being beind your team both halves, even for kick off [/b]
yeah i tried classic 3 but i prefer to tackle from top down :bravo:

I like the way RC2006 and RL1/2 sit the camera, it's pretty much perfect for the game play.

The only problem with classic 2 is the fact penalty kicks (to touch) and drop outs are facing the "wrong way" because you are kicking to the defending team. It should stay behind until the opposite team have the ball, for me at least.

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Feb 16 2006, 01:34 AM
If you mean ANY sports ***les, Madden and ESPN NFL allow you to completely customize the view of camera.
yeah, i just wanted to be sure before started asking around for what sounded like a simple feature to implement. if it was done in other sports games,why not R2006.

"if it was done in other sports games,why not R2006. "

Exactly, there is a big issue with the default views in R2006, why can't they make the "from behind" view like the nfl games ?

the default view is the best

Rugby should be played from the side

Madden should be played from behind

Soccer should be played from the side

NBA should be played from the side

NHL should be played from the side

Thus rendering Madden as the odd one out

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 16 2006, 03:50 AM

I like the way RC2006 and RL1/2 sit the camera, it's pretty much perfect for the game play.

Are you kidding me? the rl2 camera is the shittest camera ever. too far away that you can bearly see the animatios. and the closer one is just useless as you you cant see any of the pitch.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 17 2006, 09:34 AM
the default view is the best

Rugby should be played from the side

Madden should be played from behind

Soccer should be played from the side

NBA should be played from the side

NHL should be played from the side

Thus rendering Madden as the odd one out
Absolutely!

We watch sports from certain angles for better viewing...unfortunately only Madden cannot play its game properly from its broadcast angle of the side lol!

Latest posts