• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CWC final - Australia v Sri Lanka

T

The TRUTH

What better way to end the worst world cup ever than a 38 over final.

Pathetic :(

Umpires have admitted they are embarrassed over what happened, but there was never any debate over whether Australia had won or not. Sri Lanka's captian was gracious in defeat.

Congratulations to the Aussies...3 world cups in a row.

You'd think in a tournament lasting 47 days they could find enough time to ensure the final was played over a full 50 overs.

God save us from the ICC - has there ever been a bigger bunch of incompetent idiots runnning a major sport ?

disgraceful

i have never felt so unachieved for winning something

it should have been postponed after 1 hour of rain

remove the super 8's and bring in sudden death quarters

have the final played at a venue with lights, and have them start at 10am local time so if any rain they can wait until 11pm to finish the match

Farce of a tourno - glad i never spent my hard earned saved for it

yeah this was aweful couldnt beleive it while i was watching it.

what were the officials thinking making them bowl the last 3 overs in darkness? Everyone knows the rules that if 20 overs is up the game is valid and the next day cannot be used. that was stupid, still you cant do anything about the weather.

Yeah, the umpires have apoligised for it. It's still not an excuse though for incompetance at world class level.

Each Australian player pocketed $300 000 as a result of that win and a successful CWC campaign.

i wish i was good enough to play cricket for the aussie team.

i wish i was good enough to play for the new zealand team

i just wish i was good.

it was a shame to watch the world cup end that way thats for sure. The definately needed to not have the super 8s. I dont understand why quater finals wasnt good enough for cricket when its how every other sport plays their world cups. Thats why its so tough to win in the rugby and soccer world cups, you need to win the last 3 games in a row.. The excitement and passion is there the whole time and momentum isnt lost. Plus it gives much better chance for lower teams playing with passion to have a miracle story.

australia will always dominate international cricket while we have punter and gilly in the side!

Cricket is not worth the trouble anymore, sporting Monopolies are terribly boring....

I dont know about that aye The Black Caps are always improving in the one day game and we have run the aussie cricketers close especially in the chappell hadlee series, i really hope that turns out to be the next bledisloe cup

I dont know about that aye The Black Caps are always improving in the one day game and we have run the aussie cricketers close especially in the chappell hadlee series, i really hope that turns out to be the next bledisloe cup [/b]
Yeah, NZ ran Australia close in the Chappelle - Hadlee series before the World Cup, but NZ were convincingly RAPED in the World Cup. They are too hot and hold for me. I can't see them dominating for years to come. It really depends on their next generation of players.

Latest posts