• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Daily Mail - Thompson handed new challenge at Brive

R

Rugby News

Rugby Union: World Cup-winning England hooker Steve Thompson has revealed he will take on a coaching and consultancy role with French Top 14 side Brive from next season. The 28-year-old, an integral part of the England team which claimed the World Cup in 2003, retired from rugby union in April because of a neck injury

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/dailymail/r...3476/rugby.html

Being the disruptive git in the camp that caused my team to get religated this season.

Good riddance.

Thompson basically did a big **** on his own doorstep. And the majority of Northampton fans were not amused by his actions.

What is the French for "I would like to be paid in meat pies"?

And that's rhetorical before several of you rush back with answers.

Being the disruptive git in the camp that caused my team to get religated this season.

Good riddance. [/b]
Thompson basically did a big **** on his own doorstep. And the majority of Northampton fans were not amused by his actions.

What is the French for "I would like to be paid in meat pies"?

And that's rhetorical before several of you rush back with answers. [/b]
Ah-Ha (no, not the band, but the expression), I see.
So, what were these actions? All I knew about was the neck injury and having to quit, but I was thinking to myself, "you can't blame a man for that." So, what exactly did he do? Now my curiousity is awakend.

The "split in the cam" between the English players and the Kiwis at Northampton was all down to him and his "I'm bigger then the club" mentality when in fact he'd been playing like a lazy turd for the previous two season (farting about on the wing etc). A lot of fans stuck by him because he's "one of our boys" through out this time and really wanted him to get back to his best (circa 2002).

then when he broke his neck, he started publicly slating everything in the club right from the management to the players to the fans right at a crucial part of the season, then finished off with "I will never set foot in Franklins Gardens again".

Good riddance. [/b]

Nothing to do with anyone else in the team like Mr Carlos the Jackal then? :bleh!:

I mean, look on the bright side, at least you didn't end up with a totally two faced c*nt like Justin Marshall, eh? At least ol' Stevie kept his word on his contract (vaguely) although he still refused to throw line outs properly till the day he snapped his neck.

lol awesome. Im really hoping morale will be better for saints this year. Def want to go to at least one Bedford gme if I can

Latest posts