• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Damian Martyn Retires

cricky that is BIG news, good stuff AK. why did he retire in the middle of a series, not just a series but an ashes series???

your right something BIG has to have happened!!!

obviously some media scoop will come of this

My mate works at pacbrands - slazenger - knows the waughs and the clarkes personally, and the rest of the slazenger heads

i shall have some raw info next week i believe....hopefully

could be all wrong, but the impression from my mate is that something big happened and Martyn wasnt having any of it

not only TEST cricket

Cricket all -up - 1st class, park cricket, the like

he wont really be missed as the aussies are a huge force with or without him. might leave a whole in for the perth test while watson is out.

but someone will come in and fill his boots quick enough, thats what is so good about aussie cricket, they are so blimmin strong

Un-friggin-believable!

I can only asume he's finally cracked under all the pressure from the media,ex cricketers and so called aussie fans that think he's too old...

Although that doesn't sound like the Damo i know (the guy that told WA cricket GOD Dennis Lillee to go and get stuffed for saying something similar a month ago), it must be something else.

it just dawned on me he's ur boy Truthy....

massive blow!!

Step up Phil Jacques!!!!

but still - marto got rorted in the 2005 ashes...then gets dropped, from bad bad umpriring decisions

has a blinder in ICC too.........he is mr scapegoat thats for sure

there is always one in cricket

i am blowing up this is tragic
:%#%#: :ranting: :wall:

just before his home TEST aswell

screw this crap

the one thing i hate about cricket is the bloody rif raf that goes on behind the scenes - the public never hear about

if i knew where the ACB/CA HQ is..........bugger it i wont speculate :wah:

Used to be a big Marto fan back in the Warriors glory days, but i've been fairly criticle of him in recent years(although as you mentioned,he hasn't been too bad in the last year.....ICC trophy,SA tour etc.)

I just read a more indepth article http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=m...ay&id=38177... he says his hearts not in it anymore, fair enough.

I guess the most logical replacement would be either Hodge(never should have been dropped in the first place) or Jaques(primarily an opener but could confortably slot into 4 given the form he's in)

Watson has been ruled out of the next test, so if they still want an allrounder it would have to be either White or Symonds.

If they want to blood a youngster than look no further than Mark Cosgrove, he's already a certainty to take over Marto's 1 day spot.

Some roughies...

Voges
North
D.Hussey
Rogers
Birt
Marsh

Man, that is indeed BIG news.
On the lighter side... New Zealand cricket should take what the Aussies don't won't... we could have had Hussey years ago.

You can have Jaques and Hodge too coz it looks like we'll never use them....

Squad for WACA Test announced
Cricket Australia’s National Selection Panel (NSP) has today announced a 13-man squad for the third 3 mobile Test match against England starting on Thursday (14 December) at the WACA Ground in Perth.

The 13-man squad is: State Age

Ricky Ponting (captain) TAS 31
Adam Gilchrist (vice-captain) WA 35
Michael Clarke NSW 25
Stuart Clark NSW 31
Matthew Hayden QLD 35
Michael Hussey WA 31
Mitchell Johnson QLD 25
Justin Langer WA 36
Brett Lee NSW 30
Glenn McGrath NSW 36
Andrew Symonds QLD 31
Adam Voges WA 27
Shane Warne VIC 37

Commenting on the selection of Adam Voges NSP chairman Andrew Hilditch said: “The retirement of Damien Martyn has given the NSP an opportunity to look at some of the fantastic young players who are emerging in Australia at the present time.

“This was not an easy decision as there are many players pushing for selection which augers well for the future of Australian cricket.

“We are excited to give Adam this opportunity to join the squad. He is an outstanding young player who performed exceptionally well at the Commonwealth Bank Centre of Excellence and since his time at the CBCE he has had a fantastic start to the domestic season. His inclusion in the squad is a just reward for his efforts to date.â€

“There is some uncertainty as to the conditions we will face at the WACA and we will wait until after we have assessed these before naming a final eleven shortly before the commencement of the game on Thursday.

“Shane Watson continues to recover from his hamstring strain but our advice from medical staff was that he would not be fully recovered by the start of the Test, therefore we will allow him to have a full recovery and we expect that he will be fully fit and available for selection ahead of the fourth 3 mobile Ashes Test in Melbourne.

Andrew Symonds has played 10 Test matches for Australia and his last appearance in the Test side was against South Africa in Johannesburg during March-April this year.

For information, the 13th man will return to home port on Wednesday 13 December and the 12th man will be released to play domestic cricket as required.

More[/b]

There's a lot of similarities between the Aussie Cricket team and the New Zealand Rugby team... Both have an National squad, and 'A' squad, does Australia have an Juniour squad?

Think we should do a trade... rugby players for cricket players BUT don't think two many aussies would be stoked to play for NZ... shame... it would make NZ a lot more competitive in cricket (good bit of fishing there if I don't say so myself)...

Edit...

To quote "it's a deal, it's a steal, it's in fact it's f&*king sale of the f&*king century"

Will swap Martyn for a naturally gifted rising rugby union star called 'Lavea'.

Not only that we’ll through in three (yes three!) moccasin wearing un-natural blondes from Hamilton, all clad in black denim and sporting black Led Zepp singlet’s- all, amazingly all are called Michelle...
They f&*k on first dates but sadly Dad doesn’t own a brewery but they all drink Waikato beer buy the crate... what a deal!

Latest posts