Damian Martyn Retires

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by ak47, Dec 8, 2006.

1. ak47

ak47 Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. woosaah

woosaah Guest

cricky that is BIG news, good stuff AK. why did he retire in the middle of a series, not just a series but an ashes series???

your right something BIG has to have happened!!!

4. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

WTF!!!!!

Is this as of now?

5. woosaah

woosaah Guest

yep i just saw more info at cricinfo.com

6. ak47

ak47 Guest

obviously some media scoop will come of this

My mate works at pacbrands - slazenger - knows the waughs and the clarkes personally, and the rest of the slazenger heads

i shall have some raw info next week i believe....hopefully

could be all wrong, but the impression from my mate is that something big happened and Martyn wasnt having any of it

not only TEST cricket

Cricket all -up - 1st class, park cricket, the like

7. woosaah

woosaah Guest

he wont really be missed as the aussies are a huge force with or without him. might leave a whole in for the perth test while watson is out.

but someone will come in and fill his boots quick enough, thats what is so good about aussie cricket, they are so blimmin strong

8. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Un-friggin-believable!

I can only asume he's finally cracked under all the pressure from the media,ex cricketers and so called aussie fans that think he's too old...

Although that doesn't sound like the Damo i know (the guy that told WA cricket GOD Dennis Lillee to go and get stuffed for saying something similar a month ago), it must be something else.

9. ak47

ak47 Guest

it just dawned on me he's ur boy Truthy....

massive blow!!

Step up Phil Jacques!!!!

but still - marto got rorted in the 2005 ashes...then gets dropped, from bad bad umpriring decisions

has a blinder in ICC too.........he is mr scapegoat thats for sure

there is always one in cricket

10. ak47

ak47 Guest

i am blowing up this is tragic
    :%#%#: :ranting: :wall:

just before his home TEST aswell

screw this crap

the one thing i hate about cricket is the bloody rif raf that goes on behind the scenes - the public never hear about

if i knew where the ACB/CA HQ is..........bugger it i wont speculate :wah:

11. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Used to be a big Marto fan back in the Warriors glory days, but i've been fairly criticle of him in recent years(although as you mentioned,he hasn't been too bad in the last year.....ICC trophy,SA tour etc.)

I just read a more indepth article http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=m...ay&id=38177... he says his hearts not in it anymore, fair enough.

I guess the most logical replacement would be either Hodge(never should have been dropped in the first place) or Jaques(primarily an opener but could confortably slot into 4 given the form he's in)

Watson has been ruled out of the next test, so if they still want an allrounder it would have to be either White or Symonds.

If they want to blood a youngster than look no further than Mark Cosgrove, he's already a certainty to take over Marto's 1 day spot.

Some roughies...

Voges
    North
    D.Hussey
    Rogers
    Birt
    Marsh

12. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

Man, that is indeed BIG news.
    On the lighter side... New Zealand cricket should take what the Aussies don't won't... we could have had Hussey years ago.

13. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

You can have Jaques and Hodge too coz it looks like we'll never use them....

14. Dumbo

Dumbo Guest

There's a lot of similarities between the Aussie Cricket team and the New Zealand Rugby team... Both have an National squad, and 'A' squad, does Australia have an Juniour squad?

Think we should do a trade... rugby players for cricket players BUT don't think two many aussies would be stoked to play for NZ... shame... it would make NZ a lot more competitive in cricket (good bit of fishing there if I don't say so myself)...

Edit...

To quote "it's a deal, it's a steal, it's in fact it's f&*king sale of the f&*king century"

Will swap Martyn for a naturally gifted rising rugby union star called 'Lavea'.

Not only that we’ll through in three (yes three!) moccasin wearing un-natural blondes from Hamilton, all clad in black denim and sporting black Led Zepp singlet’s- all, amazingly all are called Michelle...
    They f&*k on first dates but sadly Dad doesn’t own a brewery but they all drink Waikato beer buy the crate... what a deal!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!