• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

dan carter and soccer?!!

C

Caledfwlch

it has been reported that all blacks fh dan carter found some time off from his busy schedule to attend a social soccer event. it is still not clear whether he has breached any of his contractual terms. i say let the poor bugger off!

yeah I heard about this on the radio. he has been playing for a local christchurch club side. he has been carving up too.

if anything the soccer keeps him in shape to be a better rugby player.

lol how pathetic if he has breached his contract. Its not as if hes going to jump from rugby to play scoccer now is it...he'd be pretty stupid if he did.

Don't see what the hub bub is about... what are the NZRFU going to do... tear up his contract?

You will probably find that he is not allowed to play in a competive match without the NZRFU or Club Permission.....

Yeah and he had conditions saying that he isn't allowed to participate in any high-risk activities such as skiing, deep-sea diving, squash etc without prior permission,

I played Soccer for Nomads for 9 years! :eek:
I scored my only goal on Tullet Park.
*has fond memories of the place*

Originally posted by BigTen@Aug 13 2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah and he had conditions saying that he isn't allowed to participate in any high-risk activities such as skiing, deep-sea diving, squash etc without prior permission,
Since when has squash been high risk? :eek:

It is pretty intense but their are no great risks to it.

Originally posted by Serge+Aug 13 2006, 11:22 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BigTen
@Aug 13 2006, 10:00 PM
Since when has squash been high risk? :eek:

It is pretty intense but their are no great risks to it. [/b]
Well that ball moves pretty fast, you could break a bone or two if you get hit hard enough.

Originally posted by getofmeland@Aug 13 2006, 08:29 PM
You will probably find that he is not allowed to play in a competive match without the NZRFU or Club Permission.....
to be fair it isn't really a top level soccer club. it's more of a social team he was playing in than a top level club.

but he proabbly has clauses in his contract that do not allow him to play such sports while he is playing for the all blacks etc. mainly due to thie high risk of injury I guess of something like soccer and they want players to be playing for the nzrfu only as they are the employers of the players.

Well, playing in a recreational league has probably fairly low risk of injury.

he obviously has mental issues... first he starts kicking drop goals, now he's using a round ball.... what next??

haha :)

well it seems all fine. nzrfu are happy for carter to play soccer. mcCaw flies planes in his spare time and another ab plays golf.

golf is only dangerous if you get hit by a golf ball.

i have only hit one person while playing gold, ok i was 12 and i didnt yell "FOUR" but i did hit my principal (was a pretty good shot i thought at the time) dont remember much else i remember hitting him though.

and i didnt even get in trouble for it :)

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Aug 14 2006, 03:53 PM
cause we all know golf is so dangerous.
well could get a back injury or shoulder injury. some form of a hand injury. there is risk but not a whole lot.

Latest posts