• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dan Carter Signs for Perpignan

<div class='quotemain'>Perpignan will be involved in the Heineken Cup in 2008/09. That fact would have been key in DC's decision to go there, and is probably why we have not heard which club he was going to until now.[/b]

Well if his arrival is set on december Perpignan could already be eliminated of the H-Cup at this time. In fact, in a pool with Leicester and Ospreys, I should say that this is highly probable.

Plus Carter is expected to be back in New Zealand for the firsts summer test, who takes place at the same time of the Top 14 semi final, I heard that this is stipulated in his contract. So if Perpignan is in the Top 4 once again, he will let them alone for the playoffs.

Surely a nice catch... as useful as Montgomery this year. :rolleyes:

[/b][/quote]

Next year the Top14 will finish either on the 31st of May in Marseille or on the 6th of June in Paris. So it will finish at the latest one week before the June Tour first match.

There's usually no overlap between Top14 and June Tour but this year and last year because France hosted the RWC.

Thanks for the precision, I didn't knew that. ;)

But his absence during the H-Cup pool stages is still an incoherence for me. I just hope that he will be as motivated and passionate as Kelleher, who was essential to Toulouse this season, as we saw it yesterday once again.

The questions is what is carters objectives will determine if he's worth the money perpignan will spend on him.

Latest posts