• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

David Croft

H

Hamster

WHY ISN'T THIS BLOKE PLAYING FOR THE WALLABIES.

The man is a freak of a player. Single handedly carried the Reds team this year - to the bottom of the table. Only real standout this year for the Reds, puts in a big effort week in week out and probably wasn't even considered for selection in the 30 man wallaby squad, while a young gun like Mcmenimen,(NOt saying hes a bad player, good talent he is), got picked on the bench against England. The Poms were lucky Croft wasn't on the bench in that game.

He's also carried the Melbourne Rebels team to the final in the first season of the ARC and has been an inspriational captain and player.

What do you guys think of him. Unlucky not to get picked in the 30 man world cup squad?

George Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Croft

Phil Waugh > David Croft

Stephen Hoiles > David Croft

Croft played well in the ARC, but isn't up to an international standard.

George Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> David Croft

Phil Waugh > David Croft

Stephen Hoiles > David Croft

Croft played well in the ARC, but isn't up to an international standard. [/b]
Agreed and agreed.

David Croft isn't better than the players Fushitsusha mentioned. Waugh, Smith, Hoiles and McMeniman are all better. Besides, Hoiles and Mcmeniman have a height advantage.

Croft is also starting to be overlooked for guys like Salvi and Pocock.

I think the ARC might've given Croft a boost but he's going to have to put in a huge effort next year if he wants to at least be considered for Australia A.

I don't think he has a chance for the Wallabies though when you've already got 3 awesome openside flankers in Smith, Waugh, and Hoiles. Even though Hoiles is generally a no. 8 I think he has the potential to be a future openside flanker for the Wallabies considering he's been wrongfully overlooked due to his size. He's already proven that he's a menace at the breakdown and in my opinion was a better player than George Smith in the Super 14.

Meh, Nucifora won't care for size and so I'd think that we've seen the back of David Lyons. A sad way for him to go out - if it turns out that way - but Nuci doesn't pick egos, he picks on form and Hoiles was far and away the best 8 in Australia last year along with Palu.

Latest posts