Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Today's Games:

Neatherlands vs Japan
Ghana vs Australia
Cameroon vs Denmark

While there are no truely eye-cathing fixtures today, we can expect a few decent games. The Neatherlands continue to work away quitely and a 1-0 victory over Japan today, thanks to a Wesley Sneijder strike in the 53rd minute.

Ghana will be looking to pick up where they left off after their opening day victory over Serbia but should be wary of an Austalian tea that has had its pride severly dented at the hands of an impressive Germany in round 1. It's still all to play for in this group and a win for Oz would really open things up going into the last round. Ghana should have too much for them however.

Both Cameroon and Denmark knowe going into today's game that it's their last chance to salvage something from this world cup. Both sides shipped defeats on the first round so a loss today would be as good as a plane ticket home. A contrast of styles can be expected with the Danes looking to play a more possession oriented game as opposed to the sheer pace and physicality of their opponents. I'm banking on 1-1 in this one.

Come one Ghana!

Think Cameroon/Denmark will be a good match, both teams will be evenly matched, hopefully a couple of goals a piece. More likely to be 0 - 0 though =/

Australia went 1 - 0 up pretty early on
Down to ten men now after an (to me) accidental handball which stopped a clear goal - penalty now for Ghana:
1 - 1

Australia are livid, 10 men for the past two matches now

aussiesendoffscopy.jpg

Haha!

At halftime in the England/Australia match one of the aussie interviewers asked someone on the bench "Who do you think needs to break the shackles" - made me chuckle

Latest posts