• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Day Two

huh.jpg

This amuses me

Good old low experctations. The US have quite a goof football team, I don't know why they're raving about a draw against an ok England team.

I give some of the USA players credit for how they did, particularly Onyewu, but the team did not play their best by far. While I admit that a draw is a positive result, the US could have beaten that sack of crap English side. I don't know what Capello was thinking and I don't just mean by starting Green. Does anyone else feel that there are at least seven players that shouldn't be in South Africa representing England?

Last edited:
I give some of the USA players credit for how they did, particularly Onyewu, but the team did not play their best by far. While I admit that a draw is a positive result, the US could have beaten that sack of crap English side. I don't know what Capello was thinking and I don't just mean by starting Green. Does anyone else feel that there are at least seven players that shouldn't be in South Africa representing England?

Capello has got the squad selection wrong. Not taking Walcott was a mistake. Lennon and Wright-Phillips had no touch last night and Milner being completely ineffectual showed that Capello had little faith in him. Joe Cole and Ledley King are obviously not 100% fit so why take them. Cole should have replaced Milner last night. Crouch came on to late also.

Capello has got the squad selection wrong. Not taking Walcott was a mistake. Lennon and Wright-Phillips had no touch last night and Milner being completely ineffectual showed that Capello had little faith in him. Joe Cole and Ledley King are obviously not 100% fit so why take them. Cole should have replaced Milner last night. Crouch came on to late also.

********. Big sweaty ones.

Walcott has done nothing to justify being taken.

Thought we were unlucky last night, can play a lot better but felt we deserved to win on the night, thought the US struck it lucky.

Walcott is not even related to a footballer, he has no end product.He'll run all day for you though.

Walcott has done nothing to justify being taken.

Thought we were unlucky last night, can play a lot better but felt we deserved to win on the night, thought the US struck it lucky.

To be honest I felt there were some good performances and some well ... terrible.

SWP, Milner, King and Lennon were simply poor.
Green almost fluffed that other save, had his hand not come down in time it would have gone through him and his career ending straight there. Did well to bounce back mind.
Gerrard and Lampard are very attacking players, which meant there were gaps behind the midfield and infront of the defence which were exploited by the US. When Barry is fit then that gap will be filled.
England played a high risk game last night, and what I mean by this is the closing down, players were constantly chasing players down and playing at a high tempo by the end of the game England looked tired.
Crouch was brought on to late, Heskey had a good game but was tired and should have been subbed earlier.

Walcott is not even related to a footballer...

Whats that got to do with it ... simply talking out of your ass.

Rob Green Joke (a day late)

You certainly have to hand it to Green but he won't catch it.

So Lennon and Wright-Phillips were outstanding last night?

Last time I checked, just because somebody plays bad doesn't mean **** players are instantly good enough. SWP isn't good enough and Lennon had a bad day in the office, but Walcott has the footballing prowess of Tom Varndell.

Explaining to an Arsenal fan (who are the only people on earth who defend him) however that Walcott is **** is like trying to explain to a northerner that the Labour party are morally corrupt and bankrupted the UK... You'll be stating undeniable truths, but they'll flat out refuse to listen and continue believing then preaching whatever they want.

Rob Green Joke (a day late)

You certainly have to hand it to Green but he won't catch it.

My computer has just been infected with the "Rob Green Virus"...
I can't save anything....

What's the difference between Robert Green and Hitler?
Hitler only ended the hopes of 6 million people.

Have you seen the new "Rob Green condoms?"
They're extra slippery and you're guaranteed not to catch anything!

What's the difference between Rob Green's spill and BP's spill?
Robert Green has got a cap for his.

What does Robert Green do after winning the World Cup?
Drops his controller

What's the difference between Rob Green and Justin Bieber?
Rob Green knows how to drop his balls.

For me the 4-4-2 system is at fault. The defence is as good as it's going to get at the moment. And only Rooney posseses the ability to win games. The midfeild is the problem, playing 4 means one of Gerrard and Lampard will have to play in a) positions they will easily get overrun as neither knows how to hold or b) out of position and therefore reducing their effectiveness on the game.

Play 3 CM's with one being Barry or Carrick, someone who won't venture too far forward and get overrun. That way Gerrard and Lamps can advance in support of Rooney and be a target for your wingers who can get some good crosses in.

Adam Johnson should have gone, OK so he has just recently been a regular in the Prem but he has more talent than SWP and Walcott do, plus he can play left which means Lennon can play wide right. As it is Milner is the best there after Lennon

Something like this

----------Rooney-------------
Lennon------------------Milner
----------SG--GB--FL----------
AC-----LK------JC----------AJ
-------------JH-----------------

----------------------------Rooney------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Defoe--------------------------------------

Cole-----------------------------------------------------------------------Lennon

---------------------Gerrard-------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------Carrick--------------------------------

Cole-----------------------------------------------------------------------Johnson

---------------------Terry--------------------Carragher---------------------------

---------------------------------------Green----------------------------------------

The goalkeeper is getting the blame, but where was this supposed world class striker who scored 40+ goals last season yesterday? The most overrated footballer in the history of the sport.

The goalkeeper is getting the blame, but where was this supposed world class striker who scored 40+ goals last season yesterday? The most overrated footballer in the history of the sport.

Robbie Fowler's retired and Lampard isn't a striker