• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Death of RC2006?

I've been watching the activity on the forum for about 4 months and decided to post after observing for a while. I would like to add that the guys at swordfish are heavily restrained in terms of the popularity of rugby as a sport despite the game becoming professional. This forum is prevalant with rugby fans but in comparison with other sports this community is small.

I think for trevor and swordfish to be able to improve on the series of games the forum should keep pursuing the frank criticism. If the game turns out to be limited we can hammer our opinions for the next ***le.

Originally posted by yemster@Jan 14 2006, 07:23 AM
I think for trevor and swordfish to be able to improve on the series of games the forum should keep pursuing the frank criticism. If the game turns out to be limited we can hammer our opinions for the next ***le.
Sadly, there are no more Swordfish sports games on the horizon.

I fully agree with you that Trev and Swordfish will benefit from our thoughts - that's why they post on this board, HOST this board, and not only are we very grateful to them, they're very grateful to us.

Trev listens to everything that we say and reads everything we write. And, unlike SIDHE, will not slate people for criticising the game.

in response to st helens rfc, i agree that it's ridiculous to expect all games to be like Pes. IT's the genre of sports games that should be like PES because those guys have developed a 'realistic' replication of football. That's what makes the game amazing and appealing to football fans and footballers. We want to play play our sport games as close as we would on the field or court. when i play PES i exercise my knowledge of football while playing, when i paly a rugby ***le i want to do the same. Not button bash for scrums and monotous attacking options in wcr. JLR rugby was the closest i have come to the ideal experience. It was realistic. You had to excersise you rugby knowledge which was fun and challenging.

To be fair to RC06 it has always been based on the fact that it is a pick up and play ***le; it's arcadey, it's colourful, it's quick. And to be doubly fair to the Swordfish guys, they have never professed the game would be otherwise.

Maybe one day, when Vivendi's lunacy (in reference to stopping Swordfish doing what Swordfish do best) is at an end, Swordfish might try their hand at a simulation. They'd do a better job than EA, that much is for certain, although I have yet to see anything to do with Rugby 2006, that could of course become a new trend. The last good EA ***le was Rugby 2001, that I do know.

Latest posts