• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Defence on Elite

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 15 2006, 01:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Feb 15 2006, 01:10 PM
So there are 5 divisions?

Ok, so how many games do you lose a season?

In 2005 i limited myself to to new players per division. Would you recommend this to make it tougher, did you go rigth ahead and get lots of star? or is it easy regardless?

Did you get the knockout cup? Are there any cup winning celebrations?
i havent won the knock-out cup

have lost in 1st round twice

there's 4 divisions 3, 2, 1 and Elite

12 teams in each division, but in Elite there's 6 teams and u play eachother twcie

i lost 3 games in the season i won the division

READY FOR IT

in 2006 - u cannot go and buy the best players in the world until ur team reaches a certain level

ie i have only just seen D Mitchell in the market for the 1st time...coz i got promoted.....D Mitchell is like nothing on caucau n co.........all my backline are nuffys.........i havent seen a star player on the market yet

u cannot buy BOD, CAUCAU, Howlett n co

players will only be interested in signing with ur club if u have results, morale, and a decent ranking.

so to assume its too easy is very assumed, and semi incorrect

if u think u'll have control of your super team within 5 years you are wrong....

a. u gotto get the players...arent available from day 1 like 2005
b. u may jump to another club, thus rendering ur built up team to be opposition
c. u can only pick from division 3 teams, when starting WL, so it may be 5-6 season before u finally get ur team (ie the tahs for me), and when i do that, i'll have to re-build the tahs...and perhaps the team i used to coach ie the reds, might be near impossbile to beat, coz i have built them up real good.

its a proper market, with options to go to other teams in financial troubles.....i hope it goes longer than 10 seasons, coz i want a good stint as the tahs......i am sick of ballymore already..........i am sick of the backyard stadiums i am playing in......but i gotto move up the rankings 1st.

i have been offfered jobs from 4 other clubs, but all of them were british clubs, and in deep financial trouble..........unless its brumbies or tahs, i will stay with the reds

p.s also i played the canes in the knockout cup in my 3rd year.....the canes are in division 1 and i am in division 2..................i won 3-0........wasnt easy, and shouldnt be, coz they are another division above me

its not all doom and gloom champ...new feature and elements with WL make it better and authentic. [/b]
You're usually pretty on to it Ak47 - so I'll be buying rather then hiring when it EVENTUALLY reaches New Zealand.................

......now thats something I don't understand............

ok if they players dont age and no new players come in that kinda sux

but still sounds good

what are the div 3 teams u can chose to start with?

i am guessing crusaders are in the top (if not near the top) division i just want a nz team to pick :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 15 2006, 02:06 PM

but still sounds good

i am guessing crusaders are in the top (if not near the top) division i just want a nz team to pick :)
the chiefs are division 3 to pick at the start

am optimistic that u may be able to unlock something so u can pick whomever u want...there's rumours of locked content, finally unlockable unlike other HB games

i mean whats the point of WL if u cant coach ur favourite team
being limited to coaching a pool of crappy 3rd division teams kind of makes me feel stiffed

i just hope the offers from other clubs arent subjected to that club doing bad...ie i hope u can coach good teams, no matter how well coached they aready are

atleast its making me start a S14 comp sooner than later

Ballymore sux balls :bleh!:

chiefs? thats not much consolation. well at least it isn't the blues...

yeah i am not a fan of ballymore, i like the sfs but lancater park is still my fav :)

ahh patritism, what would we be without it?

i hope my beloved sharks are in div 3 so i can ride them all the way to world league supremacy :p

thanks for the info ak - im still pumped and still without the game :(

If players dont age, retire and there arent new rookies, then shouldnt world leadgue go forever and not just ten seasons.

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 15 2006, 02:06 PM

but still sounds good

i'll bet thath the ea catch cry for the next game will "new player progression, with retirements and new players coming through the ranks!". I think it would have been pretty easy to implement with this game, but they've gotta keep something up their sleeves for the next release.

lets hope so ceejay

would be good like take a team to the top get sick of them, get an offer from a crap team take them to the top get sick of em, get an offer from a crap team take them to the top... ok you get the picture :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 15 2006, 02:58 PM
lets hope so ceejay

would be good like take a team to the top get sick of them, get an offer from a crap team take them to the top get sick of em, get an offer from a crap team take them to the top... ok you get the picture :)
i do that with madden :D

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 15 2006, 02:24 PM
chiefs? thats not much consolation. well at least it isn't the blues...

yeah i am not a fan of ballymore, i like the sfs but lancater park is still my fav :)

ahh patritism, what would we be without it?
Didn't I read somewhere on this forum that the Blues had the lowest team rating in the game of any of the 5 New Zealand super 12 franchises??

ohh i hope that is true :)

but still if they were one of the choices, i wouldnt chose them

The only super14 teams you can choose at the start of WL are the Reds,Cats and Chiefs.

I dont understand why the Force are not a bottom division team as they are rated lower than the Reds
no.gif
I wanted to pick them and give em the players they deserve :D ,plus there Kit is the best out of all the clubs IMO

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 15 2006, 04:32 PM
I dont understand why the Force are not a bottom division team as they are rated lower than the Reds
no.gif
I wanted to pick them and give em the players they deserve :D ,plus there Kit is the best out of all the clubs IMO
me too
i was excited to play at subiaco
cant for my my job offer at another aussie s14 club...will take it

like kramer when settling the hot coffee law suit

"I'LL TAKE IT"

without looking at the fine print

They must not have got the rights to Subi because its called South Stadium and it doesn't look like Subi at all (although it is a class looking stadium compared to Ballymore)

Combined with the terrible stats they gave the Force players i guess we got well and truely T-baged by EA here in the west.

OH well.... still a class game :)

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 14 2006, 11:36 AM
I'm interested to know what people think about the AI defence on elite difficulty especially in comparison to ea 2005.

I find there are more gaps in ea 2006 although not always in the same place unlike 05 which always had the same gap between the outside centre and winger!

The the blind side is still a weak point alhtough I think better defended than in 05
Well Jimmy, my take on the defence on Elite after 5-6 matches is it seems dependent on who you are playing and what kind of form the teams are in. Discipline is a big factor. I played a match were the ai handled in the ruck and within the first 20 mins of the half 2 players got the yellow.

There are some bugs too that doesn't help the AI's defence stand up and sometimes it goes the same for your own team, I scored this one brilliant try after hammering their line with forwards just to see on the replay, one of their team mates randomly standing about on their 10-metre line doing nothing but standing facing my line.

I conceded a try where my outside centre and winger ran to the side line a-la 2005 style, leaving a gap the size of a 18 wheeler for their fullback to score under the posts.

I re-started my Elite world league campaign and changed the settings to 10 min matches because the 20 min matches turned into big scores well into the 50's. I think in a couple of months time the game would simply be too easy, I hope I am wrong but I think it will probably be easier than '05. Touch wood I am wrong.

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 15 2006, 09:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 14 2006, 11:36 AM
I'm interested to know what people think about the AI defence on elite difficulty especially in comparison to ea 2005.

I find there are more gaps in ea 2006 although not always in the same place unlike 05 which always had the same gap between the outside centre and winger!

The the blind side is still a weak point alhtough I think better defended than in 05
Well Jimmy, my take on the defence on Elite after 5-6 matches is it seems dependent on who you are playing and what kind of form the teams are in. Discipline is a big factor. I played a match were the ai handled in the ruck and within the first 20 mins of the half 2 players got the yellow.

There are some bugs too that doesn't help the AI's defence stand up and sometimes it goes the same for your own team, I scored this one brilliant try after hammering their line with forwards just to see on the replay, one of their team mates randomly standing about on their 10-metre line doing nothing but standing facing my line.

I conceded a try where my outside centre and winger ran to the side line a-la 2005 style, leaving a gap the size of a 18 wheeler for their fullback to score under the posts.

I re-started my Elite world league campaign and changed the settings to 10 min matches because the 20 min matches turned into big scores well into the 50's. I think in a couple of months time the game would simply be too easy, I hope I am wrong but I think it will probably be easier than '05. Touch wood I am wrong. [/b]
I find attacking is easier in 06 mainly because you have more options such as offloads and special moves but defending is far harder. I think this is why the scores are high.

I don't think it is easier than rugby 2005 especially if you play with a slightly worse team/ e.g I am playing as bath in the guiness prem and I am losing most matches. However as England I am winning most of the time, although against the best teams its still very hard. I will just chose a weaker squad when it gets too easy as better players have such a big impact on this game e.g Johnny Wilkinson can literally win a game for your single handidly!

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 15 2006, 11:42 AM

I don't think it is easier than rugby 2005 especially if you play with a slightly worse team/ e.g I am playing as bath in the guiness prem and I am losing most matches. However as England I am winning most of the time, although against the best teams its still very hard. I will just chose a weaker squad when it gets too easy as better players have such a big impact on this game e.g Johnny Wilkinson can literally win a game for your single handidly!
Good points but I'm playing with more or less the default team you're given when starting the world league. It is only early in my season so I've not faced everyone yet. Tell me, do you play with knock-ons and fatigue on max?

Latest posts