• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Definitely dummies!

L

Los Lover

<

16 seconds into the Brumbies versus Crusaders video....

One of the brumbies players shapes to pass, dummies and then resumes his run before being tackled....I believe this to have been a dummy thrown by the AI.

How it would be implemented I don't know.

Can someone with the demo or Locksely give it a go? On the free run around selection or something.....so can just muck around till you get it?

I remember when everyone said there was nothing left on JLR years ago and I spent hours mucking around till I discovered the shake out of the tackle move that Lomu had snuck in there....it was fun and I couldn't be beaten (couldn't anyway -but was now humiliating peeps!). Game no fun no more.

What is dummy?

It is in the game according to this vid.

Side view! Side view! Side view!

PS - can someone tell me what that warn bar thing means..?

that just looks like one of the barge/fend animations im pretty sure, doesn't look like a dummy

I think there are dummies from set plays or plays on the fly but, I don't know if you can control them. One would think that they would have dummies, untill we get a good look at the instructional manual, we will not know. Unless someone who has the game has done a dummy already.
<

cheers and Salu

Yeh, there is a move that you can do at set peices. For example, when you are at the break down (ruck), and it's your ball, you push up (from memory) on the directional pad, I think it's even called "Dummy Switch", in this I think the outside player cuts inside the inside player who is carrying the ball, the ball carrier then dummies to that runner (running to the inside) then you can pass it at your lesiure.

We have seen this in heaps of the vids.

Jamie Gough

I think (sadly), that may be the only way you can dummy tho. I don't think (but don't quote my on this) you can do it in (alas) normal running play.

Jamie Gough

Hopefully in the final product we will be able to control this move, only 6 days to go to find out. Sidhe made such good work of the dummies in ther league game.
Cheers and Salu

i found another dummy!

in the follow the ball movie on ea's site you'll find a dummy!

who can spot it?

There is a dummy in the follow the ball vid!

Jaco vd Westhuizen throws a dummy to the man on his inside before getting creamed!

<

Seems like you can perform a dummy in open play.

But EA's website clips aren't from actual game footage, and it might be from a set-play shown from a different angle.

Surely you're not going to believe what EA put up????? They cut and paste everything to gloss it all over, there's nothing definitive.

awwwww come on!

go with the flow....lol

its s dummy and nothing you can change to make me believe its a dummy!!!!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 4 2005, 05:19 PM
But EA's website clips aren't from actual game footage, and it might be from a set-play shown from a different angle.

Surely you're not going to believe what EA put up????? They cut and paste everything to gloss it all over, there's nothing definitive.
Yeah. If I remember correctly, ALL of the EA promotion showing R*gby 2*04 was either closeup replays or game video cut scenes. Not once did they ever show actual gameplay - I don't blame them tho.

Jamie Gough

Got ya!

It's TOTALLY a dummy -- how could it not be? Nevermind the logic, my eyes have seen the light and that light pulled off a dummy!

Infact, when I choose what name to save for my Rugby 2005 profile, I'm gonna call it -- that's right! -- the Dummy King!

I'm gonna beat everyone, just scoring off dummies!

(I'm really getting carried away with this now)

Dummies rule!

(someone stop me)

I did this one dummy in a match where I put the ball in my back pocket and walked off the pitch and got a hot dog, talked to my woman, and then ran back on an scored. The dummy was so good the ref thought the ball was in a maul for 25 minutes!

(help me)

Then I'm gonna dummy the entire stadium, they're gonna be watching me but *click, click, snap, snap WhOOOOSH* Shazaam go the dummy, and the cameraman is gonna be panning all over the crowd looking for the ball and the stadium people are gonna be looking at the sky and then they're gonna get all quiet cause they're confused and then they're gonna hear a big ol burp and they'll look and they'll see me sitting under the posts with the ball -- TRY, baby.

(and the drugs have worn off)

Someone please stop this man!

He's getting as carried away like the New Zealand press before a world cup!

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 4 2005, 06:32 PM
Got ya!

It's TOTALLY a dummy -- how could it not be? Nevermind the logic, my eyes have seen the light and that light pulled off a dummy!

Infact, when I choose what name to save for my Rugby 2005 profile, I'm gonna call it -- that's right! -- the Dummy King!

I'm gonna beat everyone, just scoring off dummies!

(I'm really getting carried away with this now)

Dummies rule!

(someone stop me)

I did this one dummy in a match where I put the ball in my back pocket and walked off the pitch and got a hot dog, talked to my woman, and then ran back on an scored. The dummy was so good the ref thought the ball was in a maul for 25 minutes!

(help me)

Then I'm gonna dummy the entire stadium, they're gonna be watching me but *click, click, snap, snap WhOOOOSH* Shazaam go the dummy, and the cameraman is gonna be panning all over the crowd looking for the ball and the stadium people are gonna be looking at the sky and then they're gonna get all quiet cause they're confused and then they're gonna hear a big ol burp and they'll look and they'll see me sitting under the posts with the ball -- TRY, baby.

(and the drugs have worn off)
<
<
<
<
<
<

Oh man....

Still, I hope there are dummies!

I can never download or view any of the EA stuff...don't know why
<

but there stuff always sucks so
<

If there's a dummy I'm stoked. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I still find it weird that Locks and others haven't been able to do a dummy, so it might be there and it might be a weird control thing to do -- who knows.

Or it might not be there -- no idea. I trust the others who have played it.

It's weird. I'd like there to be one.

I was on the "free play" section for over an hour last night trying to work out a dummy pass.... I'm almost 100% certain that you CAN'T do a dummy in open play!

Im sure I already informed everyone as to the situation regarding dummies.

The fact is I may or may not have played this game ( or one very similar
<
) and I may or may not have tried to dummy pass with the l1 and r1 button. It may or may not be that you press either direction then the other direction before the player actually releases the pass. The player may then throw a dummy which may or may not be accompanied by the commentator actually aluding to the fact a dummy has just been thrown.

The animation may or may not be very slight so much so that you could actually not realise that this was happening at all. It may or may not be that the only way you could tell it is actually happening is that the commentator may or may not mention the fact during play.

<
Confused ? You should be
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 6 2005, 02:19 AM

<
) and I may or may not have tried to dummy pass with the l1 and r1 button. It may or may not be that you press either direction then the other direction before the player actually releases the pass. The player may then throw a dummy which may or may not be accompanied by the commentator actually aluding to the fact a dummy has just been thrown.

The animation may or may not be very slight so much so that you could actually not realise that this was happening at all. It may or may not be that the only way you could tell it is actually happening is that the commentator may or may not mention the fact during play.

<
Confused ? You should be
<
Damnit.

No dummies then?
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 6 2005, 01:19 AM

<

<
Confused ? You should be
<
That last second try from Last Nights match has definitely got to you KR!
<

Latest posts