• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Definitely dummies!

ya think ?
<

Originally posted by locksley+Mar 6 2005, 05:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Mar 6 2005, 05:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Mar 6 2005, 01:19 AM
Im sure I already informed everyone as to the situation regarding dummies.

The fact is I may or may not have played this game ( or one very similar 
<
  ) and I may or may not have tried to dummy pass with the l1 and r1 button. It may or may not be that you press either direction then the other direction before the player actually releases the pass. The player may then throw a dummy which may or may not be accompanied by the commentator actually aluding to the fact a dummy has just been thrown.

The animation may or may not be very slight so much so that you could actually not realise that this was happening at all. It may or may not be that the only way you could tell it is actually happening is that the commentator may or may not mention the fact during play.

<
Confused ? You should be 
<
That last second try from Last Nights match has definitely got to you KR!
<
[/b]
You missed an 'or not'
<

I plyed the demo today and threw dummies in open play by just tapping R1 then L1, with no set plays... ??

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Mar 6 2005, 08:22 PM
I plyed the demo today and threw dummies in open play by just tapping R1 then L1, with no set plays... ??
Well hold the phone!!!!

Straight up?

You friggin' threw dummies with the JLR/Rugby 2004/rugby 2001 technique?

Is that for sure?

Locksley I demand answers!!!
<

Also Locksley - "I am almost 100% sure..."

So you're saying there's a chance!!
<

Why can't someone with the game just friggin' tell us if there's something in the instruction booklet. Someone post the attack section...please.
<

FFS !!!! You CAN throw dummies whenever you want. Its L1 then R1 or R1 then L1 as in many other games.

I cant be any more non cryptic than that !!!!!!!!

I didnt want to say this because Locksley doesnt like talking about it. He only has one hand so he isnt able to do some moves on games. He cant press L1 then R1 quick enough to throw a dummy.

Is that clear enough ?

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 6 2005, 10:19 PM
FFS !!!! You CAN throw dummies whenever you want. Its L1 then R1 or R1 then L1 as in many other games.

I didnt want to say this because Locksley doesnt like talking about it. He only has one hand so he isnt able to do some moves on games. He cant press L1 then R1 quick enough to throw a dummy.

Is that clear enough ?
Well, I was not aware of that. I apologise to Locksley if that is the case.

But buddy...KR - go easy mate - I'm not a friggin' mind reader. Also the dummies thing has been really contentious and I haven't seen it played, had the demo etc etc...so I was genuinely curious. No need for the FFS and all that.

<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 6 2005, 09:19 PM

Is that clear enough ?

ROFLMFAO..... One Hand????? Ha ha ha ha ha!! I'm sure you're on glue son! Do you realise, that everybody on here will believe you now? That's the reason I never mentioned the fact that you've been working for EA's UK Company for the last 3 years!!!!
<

Originally posted by locksley+Mar 6 2005, 09:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Mar 6 2005, 09:35 PM)</div>
@Mar 6 2005, 09:19 PM

Is that clear enough ?

ROFLMFAO..... One Hand????? Ha ha ha ha ha!! I'm sure you're on glue son! Do you realise, that everybody on here will believe you now? That's the reason I never mentioned the fact that you've been working for EA's UK Company for the last 3 years!!!!
<
[/b]
EA Uk ?? ROFL

Oi get off my glue son
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Mar 6 2005, 01:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Mar 6 2005, 01:55 AM)</div>
@Mar 6 2005, 02:19 AM
Im sure I already informed everyone as to the situation regarding dummies.

The fact is I may or may not have played this game ( or one very similar 
<
  ) and I may or may not have tried to dummy pass with the l1 and r1 button. It may or may not be that you press either direction then the other direction before the player actually releases the pass. The player may then throw a dummy which may or may not be accompanied by the commentator actually aluding to the fact a dummy has just been thrown.

The animation may or may not be very slight so much so that you could actually not realise that this was happening at all. It may or may not be that the only way you could tell it is actually happening is that the commentator may or may not mention the fact during play.

<
Confused ? You should be 
<
Damnit.

No dummies then?
<
[/b]
Wasnt that clear enough for you Los ?
<

I think I am lost in translation. I don't know if it is sarcasim or what but I am lost, maybe I am just I thick headed Argentine.
<
So dummies yes or no??

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 7 2005, 07:21 AM
Y - E - **** - IN - S !
<

Next...
Actually I think we'll stay on this topic..

If your posts are a special brand of humour, they're under my head.

Why would Locksley say they didn't exist? Why?

Is it like the Rugby 2005 dummy which works but doesn't register visually?

Please don't answer KR. I like what you're saying, but I don't trust you b/c of your cryptic posts and the fact that Locksley has the game.

Is that clear enough?
<

Well ive tried madly to hold L and tap R and vice versa and i havent seen anyone do anything but pass the ball? So the dummy is a myth unless it is executed with another button combination
<

Originally posted by tokomoe@Mar 7 2005, 04:36 PM
Well ive tried madly to hold L and tap R and vice versa and i havent seen anyone do anything but pass the ball? So the dummy is a myth unless it is executed with another button combination
<
<

2 steps forward and a-one step back....

Punk ass EA!

Where is Spencer with out his patented dummies?

i'm pretty sure u'd have to quickly tap one and then the other. Not hold one of them and the tap the other

Originally posted by sizzler@Mar 7 2005, 05:48 PM
i'm pretty sure u'd have to quickly tap one and then the other. Not hold one of them and the tap the other
And so how exactly do you do this and not pass the ball?

The vids have shown passing to be very quick - so how does it know you're setting up for a dummy? Doesn't make sense to me why it would not be hold one (for a split second), then press the other one, then let go of both so as not to pass - same as it's always been)...

If it is not in the game it makes no sense whatsoever and frankly ****** me off!
<

I say KR needs to explain himself!
<

Yes, you press one then the other, not both. The passing isn't really that responsive, nowhere near WCR's anyway.

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Mar 7 2005, 06:16 PM
Yes, you press one then the other, not both. The passing isn't really that responsive, nowhere near WCR's anyway.
I what someone to vow;

"BY THE CREDIBILTY I WILL EVER HAVE IN THIS FORUM, I SWEAR ON MY FAMILY'S LIVES THAT THEIR IS/IS NOT A DUMMY"

I will now not accept anyhting less....

Please do this if you know (Hypnotised, Locksley etccc)

Latest posts