• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Definitely dummies!

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Mar 7 2005, 12:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Mar 7 2005, 12:59 AM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 6 2005, 01:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Mar 6 2005, 02:19 AM
Im sure I already informed everyone as to the situation regarding dummies.

The fact is I may or may not have played this game ( or one very similar 
<
  ) and I may or may not have tried to dummy pass with the l1 and r1 button. It may or may not be that you press either direction then the other direction before the player actually releases the pass. The player may then throw a dummy which may or may not be accompanied by the commentator actually aluding to the fact a dummy has just been thrown.

The animation may or may not be very slight so much so that you could actually not realise that this was happening at all. It may or may not be that the only way you could tell it is actually happening is that the commentator may or may not mention the fact during play.

<
Confused ? You should be 
<

Damnit.

No dummies then?
<
Wasnt that clear enough for you Los ?
<
[/b]
Okay, now I'm confused. Were you being sarcastic just then?
<

I understand that theres dummies, (why couldn't locks figure them out?)

...Aaah forget it.
<

Is the dummy the same as on the orginal rugby game where u pressed L1 then R1 and it looked liek he was gonna pass but them dumied round a defender?

There is a dummy. Its **** and you can hardly tell anything has happened. However the commentator mentions in his commentary that you have just dummied.

Ie " Player x throws the dummy "

Please rate the above post...

1 Unclear
2 Not sure
3 Quite Clear
4 Very clear
5 If it was any clearer I wouldnt be able to see anything at all.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 8 2005, 06:41 AM
There is a dummy.
I can't believe EA/HB didn't include dummies!

But I have to ask -- has anyone who's never actually seen or played the game tried to do a dummy in it? And what happened?

I have the demo and have been playing it non stop all day, and can tell you that you can throw dummies as mentioned using L1 and R1, but before you get too excited I will also say that they do not work, as in they fool no-one, I have tried over and over and you clearly through a dummy, and the defence clearly has no reaction. Like all the special moves, they look awsome when you pull them off, but there is no need for them, why sidestep or shoulder charge, when it only slows you down enough for someone else to catch and tackle. Anyway you can beat players by swerving around them, even the fullback!!(distant nightmares of rugby 2001 are resurfacing) like usual, its a case of great ideas, and poor execution.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 8 2005, 07:41 AM
There is a dummy. Its **** and you can hardly tell anything has happened. However the commentator mentions in his commentary that you have just dummied.

Ie " Player x throws the dummy "

Please rate the above post...

1 Unclear
2 Not sure
3 Quite Clear
4 Very clear
5 If it was any clearer I wouldnt be able to see anything at all.
<

OK sorry mate!

So much mixed messages from everyone (not you).

cher.
<

When playing mates? You must be joking.

So when you're playing with your friends, you look so closely at the players hands to see if he's going to pass is that if his hands move then you try to tackle the potential pass receiver?

Come off it.

No one has eyesight that good....

there are dummies in the game, but its crap cos the AI dont fool for it and it slows u down. Plus it doesnt even look like that u dummy, looked more like u tripped over.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 8 2005, 11:10 PM
When playing mates? You must be joking.

So when you're playing with your friends, you look so closely at the players hands to see if he's going to pass is that if his hands move then you try to tackle the potential pass receiver?

Come off it.

No one has eyesight that good....
Yes that is correct and I need glasses...

You wouldn't be a PC player would you?

<

Upgrade son - you can see what the f***'s going on!

Just to add dummies are in teh full xbox version as well. X then B. Or B then X. You have to wait a little bit before hitting the second button to actually make the move. Think of the first button as starting the pass and teh second button press as pulling the ball back. you can do this very fast (and not see the move at all) or delay it a bit longer and "sell" the dummy. I agree that they basically do nothing to fake out the computer. Your dumb friends might be more easily fooled.

Latest posts