• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Derailed Threads

goodNumber10

International
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
London Wasps
Not sure this is the right place, as it's not really a suggestion, i guess news?

Is it just me or is anyone else finding the constant derailing of threads becoming annoying? I'm actually finding i can't contribute in a lot of threads as they've just been derailed so much.

Maybe i'm way off base here, and I'm not sure what can be done but feels like it's becoming increasingly common of late.

there is a lot of bickering going on at the moment and people are not staying on topic as they are at each others throats and the threads often end up a country mile from where they started, there are one or two personel vendettas going on as well which does not help!!!!!!!!!!!!

^this.

i know we all have our moments but it seems full on at the moment.

children will be children, something to do with Christmas, all the toys out the pram!!!!!!! hoping to get new ones maybe!!!!!!!!!

So what do we think about Bernard Foley starting?

Any gardening tips? I'm starting to grow my own fruit and veg. Looking to be able to make my own damson jam some day. I'll send a jar of the first batch to anyone who gives me some good advice. (e.g where to buy seeds, soil types, what is jam, is green fingers some sex joke? Etc.)

Should we start repmania again??? I think I deserve more love than I get on this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you're talking about. And yes, Christmas sure is taking a while to come this year, but again I don't see how this is...I WANT MY NEW TOYS !!!!!

Not sure this is the right place, as it's not really a suggestion, i guess news?

Is it just me or is anyone else finding the constant derailing of threads becoming annoying? I'm actually finding i can't contribute in a lot of threads as they've just been derailed so much.

Maybe i'm way off base here, and I'm not sure what can be done but feels like it's becoming increasingly common of late.

Well, I'm with you here. I find it extremely frustrating when a thread gets derailed. The mods said they would patrol it more carefully, but I haven't seen any results as of yet. There was also a suggestion to invoke the 2week ban for people who do it on a constant basis, but I guess it was just a suggestion...

Anyways, Mods need to address this, as it seems that it's becoming an epidemic.

1. Derailed threads
2. Ebola
3. Black Death
4. Polio
5. SARS

1. Seth McFarlane
2. Derailed threads
3. Ebola
4. Black Death
5. Polio

I hate to correct a fellow man's post, but when it calls for it on a moral level, it is duty to step forward.

Haha you poor *****es paying taxes. I'm the 1%. I live offshore and eat caviar for breakfast. Man up and pay your taxes like a good little pleb

My list ...

1. Double / Triple Posting (plain lazy).
2. De-Railing of Threads.
3. Abuse of the Report System.
4. Moaning from one member in particular who likes to tell the staff what they are doing wrong at every opportunity.
5. Lack of respect to some.

My list ...

1. Double / Triple Posting (plain lazy).
2. De-Railing of Threads.
3. Abuse of the Report System.
4. Moaning from one member in particular who likes to tell the staff what they are doing wrong at every opportunity.
5. Lack of respect to some.

Realise this is derailing slightly, so feel free to ignore, but out of interest, what's the problem with multiple posts?

Realise this is derailing slightly, so feel free to ignore, but out of interest, what's the problem with multiple posts?

If one post follows another either immediately or within a reasonable time then it's not the acceptable forum etiquette. Simply edit the post. I don't think it is much to ask. General forum acceptable etiquette.

Last edited:
Double posts is something that is easy to deal with, edit or merge, but if people just drive threads off topic it means we have to jump in to give it a nudge, and try to clear up the mess when it gets nasty, as it has been lately.

Look, we do our best, but really we shouldn't have to patrol every thread to tell people to stop bickering or posting nonsense. The only posts I've made in like a week are these types. If you see something spiraling out of control, don't contribute to the mess and just do your best to keep thins steady. We aren't saying every thread has to remain rock steady on what it was, as conversations evolve, but when they get hijacked is when trouble starts. If you do want to change track on discussion, make a new thread and we can easy move posts to other threads!

On the topic of derailed threads.

How about taking a bit of responsibility at your end and if a thread has gone off topic, instead of adding to it just bring it back on topic that way any attempted derail gets stopped easy.

Is that not so hard

If one post follows another either immediately or within a reasonable time then it's not the acceptable forum etiquette. Simply edit the post. I don't think it is much to ask. General forum acceptable etiquette.

Certainly not unreasonable, I was just curious!