• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Diference between 6 and 8 studs?

R

Rakulex

Make diference? I'm have 1.83m and 80kg, play as openside flanker and i plaining to buy a new boot, i have some agile and i thinking in buy one with 6 studs(like Mccaw).

Is better buy with 6 or 8 studs?

I play Tighthead Prop, and am an over 8 inch stud. Ask your sister, she'll tell you it's better.
:D

I play Tighthead Prop, and am an over 8 inch stud. Ask your sister, she'll tell you it's better.
:D
[/b]

I'm talking about the number of studs in each boot 6 or eight

Difference between 8 and 6 studs?

Hmmm...I'd say 2 studs!

Seriously though, it doesn't matter. What ever boot feels better for you regardless of the number of studs. However, if you're playing on hard grounds then I wouldn't recommend studs at all. Use studs on medium to soft grounds and blades/moulded soles on hard. If you can't have both, you'll just have to work out which is best for you!

Equipment is a very individualistic thing. There are too many threads asking opinions on what others think they should get. People need to realise that what works for one person might not work for the next. It's what YOU feel comfortable with.

Difference between 8 and 6 studs?

Hmmm...I'd say 2 studs!

Seriously though, it doesn't matter. What ever boot feels better for you regardless of the number of studs. However, if you're playing on hard grounds then I wouldn't recommend studs at all. Use studs on medium to soft grounds and blades/moulded soles on hard. If you can't have both, you'll just have to work out which is best for you!

Equipment is a very individualistic thing. There are too many threads asking opinions on what others think they should get. People need to realise that what works for one person might not work for the next. It's what YOU feel comfortable with.
[/b]

I'm questioning because somebody said that 6 is for backs but Mccaw use, and I became confuse, because we are at the same position and i have a back perfil. So i want a six but someone said that 8 is for scxrum and the flanker is part of scrum.

Logically wouldn't 8 studs give you a little more grip? Hence it's benefit in the scrum, for the pushing and the such....

Logically wouldn't 8 studs give you a little more grip? Hence it's benefit in the scrum, for the pushing and the such....
[/b]
It could but it'll depend on the placement of the studs. If you go on studs alone a soccer boot should logically have more grip.

Rakulex, I played openside flanker for 4 years in highschool and I had a 6 stud boot all that time, and they were fine in all aspects.
I still kept my speed and acceleration, and scrummaging was no problem.
I played on soft ground most of the time though, so take that into consideration.
Like Melon said, it's more about personal preference, I was the only person in the team with a 6 stud boot but it worked for me.

Maybe ask your coach for some advise before you make your decision.

Latest posts