• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup 2035: Spain, Portugal and Italy.

They don't have enough decent high capacity stadia for that. They definitely would need to add the millenium stadium in Cardiff and probably a couple of 50k quality stadia in Scotland. But they could host most games for sure!!!
Where did you get that? This was part of Ireland's 2023 bid. How is that not enough for a RWC?

1697931197774.png

Where did you get that? This was part of Ireland's 2023 bid. How is that not enough for a RWC?

View attachment 18278
Have you ever been to those stadia? Most of them do not qualify for today standards In security and confort for a World Cup. They would have to invest heavily, plus small towns would have accommodation issues and they still lack a second big stadium. This not taken into consideration you would have to play in the Gaelic football stadium (and they have already refused in the past to lend it to the rugby federation).

They definitely would at least need the millenium stadium in Cardiff

Have you ever been to those stadia?
Not all. Six of em, yes.

Most of them do not qualify for today standards In security and confort for a World Cup. They would have to invest heavily, plus small towns would have accommodation issues and they still lack a second big stadium.
Presenting this as if it were something that the organizers wouldn't have considered in advance is nothing short of ludicrous.

This not taken into consideration you would have to play in the Gaelic football stadium (and they have already refused in the past to lend it to the rugby federation).
If you don't know what you are talking about maybe it's better to refrain from arguing. 'not taken into consideratiom'.... wtf you talking about? Not taking into consideration yet putting those stadia in the official bid? Are you mental? It was on the papers for nearly 10 years. A bloody decade.

This (article below but feel free to google for yourself) is almost literally 10 years old (happy to find an older one if you need me to). Next time you want to argue with me have the decency of doing your homework first. This was a non-issue at the time of the vote. Ireland had the money and the desire. It was just which of the parties involved (gaa, irfu, federal gov, local gov, etc) split the bill. Again, in terms of delivery, this was a non-event.

GAA funded for stadium upgrades in Rugby World Cup bid
IRFU to confirm cross-border bid to host 2023 tournament

Not all. Six of em, yes.

Presenting this as if it were something that the organizers wouldn't have considered in advance is nothing short of ludicrous.

If you don't know what you are talking about maybe it's better to refrain from arguing. 'not taken into consideratiom'.... wtf you talking about? Not taking into consideration yet putting those stadia in the official bid? Are you mental? It was on the papers for nearly 10 years. A bloody decade.

This (article below but feel free to google for yourself) is almost literally 10 years old (happy to find an older one if you need me to). Next time you want to argue with me have the decency of doing your homework first. This was a non-issue at the time of the vote. Ireland had the money and the desire. It was just which of the parties involved (gaa, irfu, federal gov, local gov, etc) split the bill. Again, in terms of delivery, this was a non-event.

GAA funded for stadium upgrades in Rugby World Cup bid
IRFU to confirm cross-border bid to host 2023 tournament

Nice attitude there. I understand that someone from Argentina has a different view on the minimum standard of the venues. But as a European most of those need a lot of work.

I argue with whoever I want in a civilized way, unlike your bad reply and attitude.

Nice attitude there.
The one you had by babbling nonsense and lies? No. Actually not nice at all.
Let me get out the crayons for you: my 'attitude' is a response to your lying.

I understand that someone from Argentina has a different view on the minimum standard of the venues.
If there was a practical way to arrange it I'd be willing to wager I've been to more rugby stadia in Europe than you have. Hell, I'd be willing to give you quite the odds.

Latest posts