• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do the Nothern Hemisphere teams have any chance of winning the World Cup 2011 ?

Indeed. And the NZ players will possibly be under more pressure than any group of rugby players have ever been under. It could (most likely will) effect performance especially if they're in a tight match. Being at home could turn out to be a big disadvantage.
there's no excuses for nz this year they simply have to win on home soil.

Can't see past France from a NH point of view. I think they're the only team with the real quality and experience all over the park at the moment - extremely unlikely they can be arsed to win it though.

England are a potentially very good side 2-3 seasons from now with a bit of fortune in a few positions, and when they've stopped picking turkeys like Hape and Bananaham.

Ireland, too inconsistent. Wales' current 1st XV is pretty smart but I don't think they've much depth and they seem to be a bit up their own arses at the moment.

So in conclusion, no.

Ireland, too inconsistent. Wales' current 1st XV is pretty smart but I don't think they've much depth and they seem to be a bit up their own arses at the moment.

Utter rubbish you might find the Welsh supporters know that Wales might not even progress out of the groups the way they are currently playing. Also we are quite critical on what's gone on in this 6 Nations also.

Can't see past France from a NH point of view. I think they're the only team with the real quality and experience all over the park at the moment - extremely unlikely they can be arsed to win it though.

England are a potentially very good side 2-3 seasons from now with a bit of fortune in a few positions, and when they've stopped picking turkeys like Hape and Bananaham.

So in conclusion, no.

Welcome! Good 1st post. "Bananaham" made me laugh. A rep for you

Utter rubbish you might find the Welsh supporters know that Wales might not even progress out of the groups the way they are currently playing. Also we are quite critical on what's gone on in this 6 Nations also.

Sorry, I don't quite follow - you're saying I was being too kind to Wales?

Sorry, I don't quite follow - you're saying I was being too kind to Wales?

Pot Kettle Black. Calling us stick up our own arses. Might want to redirect yourself to the Ireland vs. England thread on the forum.

i wasnt complaing about you i was complaining about that welsh ******

Seriously mate, calm the f**k down! No-one cares about the odd grammatical error. But is it really that hard to add some punctuation in your posts, so we don't have to read the bloody things 3-4 times before understanding what the f**k you're trying to say. It's tough to take anything you say seriously if you can't be bothered to take an extra second to add in a full stop and a comma or two.

Cymro, I think goibon is calling the players a 'bit stuck up their own arses', not us Welsh supporters. Bit unfair still though. They've been very critical of their own performances. They believe they've got the talent and players to do well, how is that 'stuck up their own arses'?

All Irish posters are the same. You'll soon learn that if you stick around here.

There are just too many of you though! :p

Cymro, I think goibon is calling the players a 'bit stuck up their own arses', not us Welsh supporters. Bit unfair still though. They've been very critical of their own performances. They believe they've got the talent and players to do well, how is that 'stuck up their own arses'?

Ye understand that, what I still cannot accept if the comment is geared towards the players because as you said they are more critical of their own performances as any other team.

6 months ago everyone would have said that France easily could, but know look at the options. With many under the asumption that Ireland will start failing at the breakdown again they also will lack away form but our probarly Europes best hope with England. They dont have experience though, they have 5 or 6 years on most players but compared to the Irish only Wilkinson have a decade under his belt with Mike Tindall maybe. And France, can work wonders in Paris but very like Ireland slip up on the road. Then if we want to talk about Wales, Shane Williams, James Hook and Steven Jones are excellent players but just dont combine. For me Shanklin and Hook needs to be the centre partnership. For me I think Aussies have the best chance. New Zealand in the Autumn went behind alot, and despite coming back it will still be a worry for them. Especially against Les Blues.

Ugh, I just meant that Wales are a good side but are playing a bit **** at the moment. I wasn't casting aspersions on the character of Welsh rugby supporters, nor anyone Welsh for that matter.

Clearly, "up their arses" has a different meaning for you than it does me.

Ugh, I just meant that Wales are a good side but are playing a bit **** at the moment. I wasn't casting aspersions on the character of Welsh rugby supporters, nor anyone Welsh for that matter.

Clearly, "up their arses" has a different meaning for you than it does me.

Well, for me 'up their arses' means that they're stuck up and believe they're better than everyone else. Not true in the slightest. Take a dig at Gatland by all means though :p

Going back on topic.

For me its between England and France for the NH. They both have class in their ranks.

Ireland and Wales can progress in the World Cup but there are little things both sides need to do before they can do this. I see Ireland are slightly ahead of Wales in this as they have the gameplan that can beat sides. If Ireland can find some form during the Summer then who knows. Wales are a side with talent which are not clicking, but could progress in the tournament depending on the games.

Scotland and Italy are off the boil but saying that Italy are progressing steadily, they could cause a few upsets in the WC mind.

Well, for me 'up their arses' means that they're stuck up and believe they're better than everyone else. Not true in the slightest. Take a dig at Gatland by all means though :p

Fair enough, never heard it used in that sense before, but I am a sheltered lad.

I'm on the same page with Gatland though. That turd should have been shown the door years ago.

Latest posts