• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do you believe?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Are there ass kissers, superior to ours out there?[/b]

yes he's called gjohn85
<

We had a science teacher once who was convinced of life in outer-space that was much more intelligent to ourselves.

In my opinion it would be downright naive to think we were the only living beings. As lots of the other guys have said, we are inside a solar system which is part of a mind boggling huge galaxy, which is part of a universe with a mind boggling number of other glaxaxies, which is part of mind numbingly huge numbers of universes (that last one is a bit iffy I guess).

I pose this question in purely scientific terms: how did life start? how did dinosaurs come about?
If you think about it, there is every chance that on countless of other inhabitable rocks life came about as well, whether it be in a different form or the same form. Evolution could be much different or evolution could possibly be the same. My money would simply be on that slightly different climates, geographic properties etc would make each inhabited rock's beings as being different (what we call extra-terrestrials/aliens). These beings could have a greater level of primitiveness about them or they could be technologically superior to us - who can definitely say we haven't been visited by other beings? who is to say they aren't watching us? But at the same time, who can say the contrary?

I could keep talking about this all day, but this is just a basic idea I have formed, and as I stated earlier, I am of the opinion that it would be naive to suggest we are the only living beings (whether they be stupid blob like things, or like us, or superior super beings)

I think there must be, somewhere.

The quote that annoys me most about e.t. life is 'habitable worlds like earth around other stars' - what is to say that other forms of alien life rely on the same things as we do to survive?

This is a thread inspired by me getting the recent War of the Worlds on DVD.

Do you believe that something is out there? Do you believe that there are aliens? That there is extra terrestrial life?

If so, why? If not, why not?

With TRF Awards just around the corner, it would be well advised to only talk sense in this thread. [/b]
No...I don't believe in E.T.
It's not in the Bible.
:D
Seriously.
:basint9pt:

<div class='quotemain'> This is a thread inspired by me getting the recent War of the Worlds on DVD.

Do you believe that something is out there? Do you believe that there are aliens? That there is extra terrestrial life?

If so, why? If not, why not?

With TRF Awards just around the corner, it would be well advised to only talk sense in this thread. [/b]
No...I don't believe in E.T.
It's not in the Bible.
:D
Seriously.
:basint9pt:
[/b][/quote]

To my knowledge, the internet doesn't appear in the bible either. Are you telling us that doesn't exist?

To the best of my knowledge there is a difference between lifeform and human invention. Having said that, what is the internet?

To the best of my knowledge there is a difference between lifeform and human invention. [/b]

Ah, but we have now reached the stage where humans are able to create life.

This is getting far too deep, I'm not even going to start on the whole 'What is the internet?' question.

'What is the internet?'[/b]

The relative importance of hear-say combined with the excitement of typing.

Alongside discussing the sexual techniques of another persons mother while looking for pictures of bunnies with pancakes on their heads.

I pose this question in purely scientific terms: how did life start? how did dinosaurs come about?
If you think about it, there is every chance that on countless of other inhabitable rocks life came about as well, whether it be in a different form or the same form. Evolution could be much different or evolution could possibly be the same. My money would simply be on that slightly different climates, geographic properties etc would make each inhabited rock's beings as being different (what we call extra-terrestrials/aliens)[/b]

in scientific terms, life comes out of the DNA ... composed of amino acids (sorry if the translation is not good but i'm french and these words are ****** difficult to translate). Life on our planet (whatever the animal you study) is made of 20 different amino acids. water and oxygen are the 2 conditions for these acids to combine and mute to unicellular beings, who with smething like 2 billion years of evolution made the actual animals (yes i have to remember you that we are animals !!!). Few years ago scientist have found meteorites with amino acids on them .... and were very surprised to find about 30-35 different amino acids, including 15 that are not on our planet ... and the ones we've got in our genes.

My question is, regarding to that, do you seriously think that these amino acids, on another planet with the same conditions as earth (water, oxygen and temperature), could not create life ??? see how big is our galaxy, how many planets could have the same conditions as us .... it makes too many posibilities for life to be only on our planet.

The question of intelligency is much more complicated ... needs few years of evolution ... and many other factor ... i couldn't say anything on that ....

<div class='quotemain'>
If you think about it, there is every chance that on countless of other inhabitable rocks life came about as well, whether it be in a different form or the same form. Evolution could be much different or evolution could possibly be the same. My money would simply be on that slightly different climates, geographic properties etc would make each inhabited rock's beings as being different (what we call extra-terrestrials/aliens)[/b]

in scientific terms, life comes out of the DNA ... composed of amino acids (sorry if the translation is not good but i'm french and these words are ****** difficult to translate). Life on our planet (whatever the animal you study) is made of 20 different amino acids. water and oxygen are the 2 conditions for these acids to combine and mute to unicellular beings, who with smething like 2 billion years of evolution made the actual animals (yes i have to remember you that we are animals !!!). Few years ago scientist have found meteorites with amino acids on them .... and were very surprised to find about 30-35 different amino acids, including 15 that are not on our planet ... and the ones we've got in our genes.

My question is, regarding to that, do you seriously think that these amino acids, on another planet with the same conditions as earth (water, oxygen and temperature), could not create life ??? see how big is our galaxy, how many planets could have the same conditions as us .... it makes too many posibilities for life to be only on our planet.

The question of intelligency is much more complicated ... needs few years of evolution ... and many other factor ... i couldn't say anything on that .... [/b][/quote]
My only problem with that is that life does not come from a random assembly of amino acids. It takes very specific chains to create it. Our most brilliant scientists spend their lifetimes making tiny leaps into genetic manipulation. I have a very hard time with these ideas like the big bang. In my opinion it takes as much faith as I have in God to believe in something like that.

yep sure and no pb with what you belive in. science is my religion ....

life is not a random assembly as you said, its something like half a billion years of amino acids doing nothing but to do only a 1 cell being. then 2 billion years of evolution from these 1 cell being down to us.

And in christian religion, life is 4500 years ... make your choice and i'll respect it.
That is to say, if you belive in the scientist explaination, i think life exists on another planet.

yep sure and no pb with what you belive in. science is my religion ....

life is not a random assembly as you said, its something like half a billion years of amino acids doing nothing but to do only a 1 cell being. then 2 billion years of evolution from these 1 cell being down to us.

And in christian religion, life is 4500 years ... make your choice and i'll respect it.
That is to say, if you belive in the scientist explaination, i think life exists on another planet. [/b]
more like 6,000 to 8,000 years old.
however, there is no documentation of amino acids ever aligning themselves on their own without outside force. Amino acids are not life...they help to compose life, but so do electrons, of which are abundant in our universe. Let science be your religion, my friend, but do so knowing you met one person who told you otherwise.

yep no problem its your point of view and your right to have it. even if i disagree, i won't try to force you to my views.
and for your information (btw you were right), James Ussher in 1650 and 1654 published the chronology of earth, based on the Bible. The Earth was created at the begining of the night before sunday 23rd october 4004 BC. Next tuesday, the waters were together and the lands emerged, life appeared the thursday after. Noe went on his arch sunday december 7th 2349 BC and left it May 6th the year after.

Search for "Annales Veteris et Novi Testamenti" from James Ussher.

regarding to amino acids, they didn't go on their own to create life !!! its amino acids + water + oxygen + 0.5 billion years that made life begining !!! in my point of view :)...
We both will have that doubt of which one of us is right till we reach the end. but i much more prefer your views on after death than mine ....

We both will have that doubt of which one of us is right till we reach the end. but i much more prefer your views on after death than mine .... [/b]
We can agree on that, at least. I will look up your man Ussher...
He's not this guy, is he?
usher_300x298.jpg

<div class='quotemain'>
We both will have that doubt of which one of us is right till we reach the end. but i much more prefer your views on after death than mine .... [/b]
We can agree on that, at least. I will look up your man Ussher...
He's not this guy, is he?
usher_300x298.jpg

[/b][/quote]

Hey might be that one, he looks like a XVII century scientist !!!! :wall:

Latest posts