• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do you believe?

S

St Helens RLFC

This is a thread inspired by me getting the recent War of the Worlds on DVD.

Do you believe that something is out there? Do you believe that there are aliens? That there is extra terrestrial life?

If so, why? If not, why not?

With TRF Awards just around the corner, it would be well advised to only talk sense in this thread.

I think there is. I find it too hard to belive that we are the only ones out there. I mean, how boring is that? There is proof that on other planets that there has been, or is the right conditions to live human life etc, so why not?

Now heres a thought. You know how stars are actually suns, and if other planets are rotating around that sun, and if there were aliens on those planets... One night your looking at the stars, and what if those aliens were looking straight back at you
<

Anyway, without any science or religious influences about the solar systems etc, I belive that we are too insignificant to be the only ones...

How ever - i dont belive that we are visited or watched by other aliens often. I would only say a handfull of times. I think if we have been visited, or have been under servalince, they would have done something by now.

We better talk quickly - before this thread gets closed by the FBI or X-Files...

i do think there is something out there - our solar system is just one of millions and gazzilions of other galaxies so my question is what are the odds that we are the only planet with life

and by the way st.helens what did you think of war of the worlds - i had it for christmas and was very impressed.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 11 2006, 12:56 AM
and by the way st.helens what did you think of war of the worlds - i had it for christmas and was very impressed.
Very impressed??? Did u watch the film? I hate films where the lead role is super human that manages to duck & weave through impossible situations, LAME!

Good special effects though, but tooooo far fetched!

I know there are aliens out there. I have met them. They were very nice, but seemed a little too obsessed with my posterior. They didn't seem to have mouths so I couldn't offer them anything to drink, but they did seem to communicate with noise from their foot region... Except, there were no feet really, just legs going down pushing into the floor. Almost suction-cup like. Tremendous balance. I took photos but my camera got confiscated by the authorities.

Extra terrestrial life?

Sure, there must be something out there because all these story's and images don't just come out of no where do they?

One day aliens will invade the earth. I'm not saying they will inherit the earth, probably just stopping for a guinness or something...
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 11 2006, 12:56 AM
I loved it I thought it was excellent.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 11 2006, 09:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 11 2006, 09:42 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Jan 11 2006, 12:56 AM

I loved it I thought it was excellent. [/b]
Did I watch the same film as u two??

Originally posted by gjohn85+Jan 11 2006, 09:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Jan 11 2006, 09:32 AM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 11 2006, 09:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Jan 11 2006, 12:56 AM

I loved it I thought it was excellent.
Did I watch the same film as u two?? [/b]
I think I saw the same film you did
<

AH, but you couldn't go around liking it Sanzar, you can't fund that capitolist pig of a film industry, could you?!
<

i enjoyed the movie as well
<

also i think there has to be something out there, i mean we cant be the only living creatures in the universe right? the universe is huge and always expanding.

even if there isn't anything as intelligent as us, there has to be some other kind of intellegence, that might even give chiro a run for his money.

but i am sure there is more intellengt life out there, there just has to be, we can put people into space i am sure other civilizations can put their "people" into space and beyond (like other galaxys ans stuff)

i really havn't thought about it much though

All comes down to the definition of ‘life’.

There’s ‘life’ in volcanoes, there’s also life in freezing temperatures, also in places with no oxygen and sunlight.
I think there’s a lot of **** out there…

Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 12 2006, 11:51 AM
even if there isn't anything as intelligent as us, there has to be some other kind of intellegence,
This is it though - life in general exists out there, that's not far off acknowledged. What I want to know is this:

Are there minds supremely superior to ours out there?

well if anyone knew that then we woudlnt be having this conversation
<

everyone wants to know that (that beleives there could be) we just need it confirmed, and would like it done soon.

i want to live like the guys in futerama
<

Latest posts