• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Doug Howlett arrested?

Just think if he had a fight with some dude that didn't know who he was. Might of tried running away not knowing dougie's a winger lol.

I think he deserves to let out his frustrations its just too bad he had to do it like this.

We seem to forget these guys are human and he should be treated no different than any other person.

Just think if he had a fight with some dude that didn't know who he was. Might of tried running away not knowing dougie's a winger lol.

I think he deserves to let out his frustrations its just too bad he had to do it like this.

We seem to forget these guys are human and he should be treated no different than any other person. [/b]
Yes...therefore expecting them to comply to all societal norms, rules and guidelines....

He's a professional rugby player, he should have handled it like everyone else no doubt had to.

From the articles I've read it just sounds like they had one MASSIVE night on the **** and the fun got outa control. Been there far too many times personally...he obviously just hadn't had enough practise and got caught.

I don't think the jumping on the cars would have been in frustration for losing out. The heavy drinking, yes, but not the car jumping. Car jumping is obviously the natural progression from having spent 12,500 quid on booze. Thats your first mistake right there. But in saying that 12,500pounds is a very impressive effort.

Maybe next time (after a couple of years at Ireland) he'll stick to good old fashioned fighting and womanising...

<div class='quotemain'>
Hes going to the Munsters and he wont have other oppotunities like this and even if hes going to be whooping the **** out of everyone noone in New Zealand would even know. (because we dont care about European rugby).
[/b]
Maybe you should start caring about European Rugby, seeing as they ousted you out of a world cup. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I like to study those who beat me, so I can come back and beat them...but hey, just keep your eyes focused on that Long White Cloud and we'll see you in 4 years.

Anywho, I hope this doesn't screw anything up with his move to Munster. I'm excited to see such a great player play for such a great club. Regardless of Hemispheres it looks to be a good pairing: Munster & Dougie.
[/b][/quote]

So what do we you suggest we study?

Last time I checked we destroyed the North for 4 years without a single scratch, so we have a quarter final which we would gain nothing from except that the French can tackle and that Wayne Barnes is a retard... and I don't really see how watching us romping the Frogs 45-6 or 47-3 would be much use... nor the Lions Tour or the Grand Slam.

I wouldn't exactly say "destroyed at every scratch" at least with one game the NH pushed you hard and you won only by a few points (England vs New Zealand 2005).

If you want to study things, try the HEC competition maybe? You know, how Europes best players are put into high stakes, high tension & drama and chokable situations, usually at Quarter final, Semi final and Final time? Hmm?

The one thing you chaps can learn (other than a sense of humility) is to learn how to survive a crunch game. Not a Bledisloe cup tie and not a run of the mill test match, but an actual, everything-including-your-mum, winner takes all, winner stays on and loser goes home, bite all your nails off of your fingers, Cup quarter final, semi final or actual final.

That is what you need to learn. The S14 and the Tri Nations offers none of that for New Zealanders.

When you think about it guys, sending your players up here was the best possible thing you could have done. It'll expose them to the stresses, ups and painful downs of HEC competition. When I think about it, you should have forced Carter to go up there (at gunpoint) if neccessary. I hear Benneton Trevisio are in need of a good kicker as are Viadana.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Hes going to the Munsters and he wont have other oppotunities like this and even if hes going to be whooping the **** out of everyone noone in New Zealand would even know. (because we dont care about European rugby).
[/b]
Maybe you should start caring about European Rugby, seeing as they ousted you out of a world cup. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I like to study those who beat me, so I can come back and beat them...but hey, just keep your eyes focused on that Long White Cloud and we'll see you in 4 years.

Anywho, I hope this doesn't screw anything up with his move to Munster. I'm excited to see such a great player play for such a great club. Regardless of Hemispheres it looks to be a good pairing: Munster & Dougie.
[/b][/quote]

Last time I checked we destroyed the North for 4 years without a single scratch, so we have a quarter final which we would gain nothing from except that the French can tackle and that Wayne Barnes is a retard... and I don't really see how watching us romping the Frogs 45-6 or 47-3 would be much use... nor the Lions Tour or the Grand Slam.

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, blame your loss on the ref, not the fact that your team were dips___s and didn't kick a f___ing drop goal. I think you could value watching the northern hemisphere game. I think the Magners League, the GP, and Top14 Rugby are excellent competitions with some fantastic rugby. Who am I to judge though, I watch rugby regardless of it's hemisphericla origin, 'cause I simply like rugby. I just think you and everyone else in your camp 's attitude sucks. "Let's ignore the Northern Hemisphere because their rugby sucks!" There just isn't any validity in it. I won't diss the S.H. players, but some of the best Ruggers in the world live North of Your Equator. I just don't get the mentality...sorry.

I wouldn't exactly say "destroyed at every scratch" at least with one game the NH pushed you hard and you won only by a few points (England vs New Zealand 2005).[/b]

But I thought the All Blacks and Southern Hemisphere Teams can't handle the pressure

If you want to study things, try the HEC competition maybe? You know, how Europes best players are put into high stakes, high tension & drama and chokable situations, usually at Quarter final, Semi final and Final time? Hmm?

The one thing you chaps can learn (other than a sense of humility) is to learn how to survive a crunch game. Not a Bledisloe cup tie and not a run of the mill test match, but an actual, everything-including-your-mum, winner takes all, winner stays on and loser goes home, bite all your nails off of your fingers, Cup quarter final, semi final or actual final.

That is what you need to learn. The S14 and the Tri Nations offers none of that for New Zealanders.[/b]

ex

Yawn, the way you go on about it you would think the Aussies and us Kiwis were played off the park - the ref calls a foward pass and Mortlock kicks 2 metres further to the right, the Poms and French go home. And obviously, playing against non-international Clubs is definatly much better than playing International Tests against the Springboks (You may want to go down the path of Soccer and try to ignore and write off all the pathetic results between World Cups, but go ask the Springboks if they ever hold back anything when they play the All Blacks in a Tri Nations game)

And if the Boks win it, using your logic we established in previous debates, the English and French are just as bad as us and the Aussies. Indeed, a few months ago you agreed that Japan had the same amount of World Cup success as the French due to neither side actually winning the thing.

When you think about it guys, sending your players up here was the best possible thing you could have done. It'll expose them to the stresses, ups and painful downs of HEC competition. When I think about it, you should have forced Carter to go up there (at gunpoint) if neccessary. I hear Benneton Trevisio are in need of a good kicker as are Viadana. [/b]

Yeah, that'll really help him..., well, possibly his bank account, not much else. Maybe he could end up like Jonny and get injured for 4 years or who better to learn about playing in the clutch than from the ice cold finisher himself, Ronan "Crack against Georgia and Nambia" O'Gara. And beating some crappy Italian team will do wonders for his game, much more than what he could gain from playing actual International Competition.

Not a Bledisloe cup tie and not a run of the mill test match, but an actual, everything-including-your-mum, winner takes all, winner stays on and loser goes home, bite all your nails off of your fingers, Cup quarter final, semi final or actual final.
[/b]
Bledisloe cup is probably the greatest rivalry in World rugby, watch the games in the late 90's early 2000's, most intense games you will ever see...to try to be-little it is slightly on the arrogant side...

Jeez Ripper, that ego's gonna mess with you when you hit puberty... [/b]

Leading up to the World Cup, what would you rather you players be doing - playing as a National Team against the Springboks, or playing all over the place for clubs against teams which the majority players are international journeyman or fringe players, if even that.

From the rumour mill (a pretty reliable source actually and friend of one of the current team) other substances may have been involved. Think Dougie needs a **** test.

One more thing - the All Blacks tell us how gutted they were - yet they can still go and indulge in 31,000 dollars worth of **** and food and probably have a good time and Dougie can smash up some cars. Not too sympathetic for Dougie or the team really.

oh this is just getting stupid now. Club games are now somehow being ranked ahead of international games and not just any internationals but bledisloe cup games of all things. I think some NH posters are taking this a bit too far and need to get off whatever they had after england and france won.

I'm only disappointed in the fact that he that he got caught. He could of burned the cops with his speed. He should have at least hot wired one of the cars he jumped and have a have a car chase it would have made it more interesting.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, blame your loss on the ref, not the fact that your team were dips___s and didn't kick a f___ing drop goal. I think you could value watching the northern hemisphere game. I think the Magners League, the GP, and Top14 Rugby are excellent competitions with some fantastic rugby. Who am I to judge though, I watch rugby regardless of it's hemisphericla origin, 'cause I simply like rugby. I just think you and everyone else in your camp 's attitude sucks. "Let's ignore the Northern Hemisphere because their rugby sucks!" There just isn't any validity in it. I won't diss the S.H. players, but some of the best Ruggers in the world live North of Your Equator. I just don't get the mentality...sorry.
[/b][/quote]

Name me some NH players who are better than SH players. And don't include all that great Kiwi, Aussie and Saffer talent in which most of those northern club teams are made up of. No bias, but the SH has more talented players playing in the super 14.

I watch lot's of NH rugby here on the Rugby Channel which shows pretty much every single game played, and I can tell you the enjoyment factor in watching the Super 14 is that much greater than anything else. Why? Because it is filled with amazing players who play attacking Rugby. None of this let's milk a penalty and grab 3 points nonsense.

It's not a matter of hemisphere rivalry, I don't see where that crap came from and think it's just ********. It's just that, as growing up with Rugby and watching it pretty much since I can remember, I just can't bring myself to watching that boring style of play the NHers are all about. You know why? Cos I simply like exciting Rugby, that's the difference.

One more thing - the All Blacks tell us how gutted they were - yet they can still go and indulge in 31,000 dollars worth of **** and food and probably have a good time and Dougie can smash up some cars. Not too sympathetic for Dougie or the team really.
[/b]

just shows Dougie can't hold his drink: 31,000 NZD only buys about 4 pints per player over here.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

just shows Dougie can't hold his drink: 31,000 NZD only buys about 4 pints per player over here.
[/b][/quote]
Hehe, exchange rate humour, I LOVE IT!

The media made it sound worst than it was, the $31,000 bill was for the players accomodation, food and drinks. Stupid media hear these figures and make up their own stories about it.

I'm only disappointed in the fact that he that he got caught. He could of burned the cops with his speed. He should have at least hot wired one of the cars he jumped and have a have a car chase it would have made it more interesting. [/b]

Make that a sponsored Ford car.

Latest posts