• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Dragons v Connacht

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Dragons.png
Connacht.png
</div>

The Dragons welcome back stand in skipper Luke Charteris but regular skipper Tom Willis is still out. They also have selection problems at centre with Ashley Smith and Rhodri Gomer Davies doubtful while Matthew Watkins has a side strain.

Connacht are without Ray Ofisa who's been ruled out through illness and Robbie Morris has picked up a 3 week ban having been cited last weekend. There's also slight doubts over Mike McComish, Jamie Hagan and Ian Keatley.

Dragons: Backs: Wayne Evans, Jason Tovey, Aled Brew, Ashley Smith, Tom Riley, Richard Fussell, Martyn Thomas, Matthew Watkins, Shaun Connor, James Arlidge, Danny Lee
Forwards: Steve Jones, Rob Sidoli, Dan Lydiate, Luke Charteris, Gavin Thomas, James Harris, Hugh Gustafson, Nigel Hall, Gethin Robinson, Adam Jones, Hoani MacDonald, Duane Goodfield, Joe Bearman

Connacht (from): Liam Bibo, Andrew Browne, Fionn Carr, Sean Cronin, Gavin Duffy, Adrian Flavin, Jamie Hagan, Conor Higgins, Ian Keatley, Ronan Loughney, Keith Matthews, Mike McCarthy, Mike McComish, John Muldoon, Dermot Murphy, Frank Murphy, Troy Nathan, Mike Nikora, Johnny O'Connor, Conor O'Loughlin, Michael Swift, Niva Ta'auso, Brian Tuohy, Bernie Upton, Brett Wilkinson, Aidan Wynne.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 1 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div align='center'>
Dragons.png
Connacht.png

The Dragons welcome back stand in skipper Luke Charteris but regular skipper Tom Willis is still out. They also have selection problems at centre with Ashley Smith and Rhodri Gomer Davies doubtful while Matthew Watkins has a side strain.

Connacht are without Ray Ofisa who's been ruled out through illness and Robbie Morris has picked up a 3 week ban having been cited last weekend. There's also slight doubts over Mike McComish, Jamie Hagan and Ian Keatley.

Dragons: Backs: Wayne Evans, Jason Tovey, Aled Brew, Ashley Smith, Tom Riley, Richard Fussell, Martyn Thomas, Matthew Watkins, Shaun Connor, James Arlidge, Danny Lee
Forwards: Steve Jones, Rob Sidoli, Dan Lydiate, Luke Charteris, Gavin Thomas, James Harris, Hugh Gustafson, Nigel Hall, Gethin Robinson, Adam Jones, Hoani MacDonald, Duane Goodfield, Joe Bearman

Connacht (from): Liam Bibo, Andrew Browne, Fionn Carr, Sean Cronin, Gavin Duffy, Adrian Flavin, Jamie Hagan, Conor Higgins, Ian Keatley, Ronan Loughney, Keith Matthews, Mike McCarthy, Mike McComish, John Muldoon, Dermot Murphy, Frank Murphy, Troy Nathan, Mike Nikora, Johnny O'Connor, Conor O'Loughlin, Michael Swift, Niva Ta'auso, Brian Tuohy, Bernie Upton, Brett Wilkinson, Aidan Wynne.[/b][/quote]

Very big game for both teams but fancy the Dragons over in Wales

Dragon's have been playing well and shouldn't loose at home to Conacht. The injury problems in the centre is a slight worry, but I'm sure Aled Brew could do a job if required.

Honestly I'd fancy the Dragons in Ireland aswell as in Newport. Connacht are really awful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 1 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Honestly I'd fancy the Dragons in Ireland aswell as in Newport. Connacht are really awful.[/b]
Connacht Thank You.

Been awful is a compliment and surprisingly Dragons are playing well consistently as in for 40mins against Munster they were excellent.

CONNACHT:
15: Gavin Duffy
14: Liam Bibo
13: Niva Ta’auso
12: Keith Matthews
11: Troy Nathan
10: Miah Nikora
9: Conor O’Loughlin
1: Ronan Loughney
2: Sean Cronin
3: Jamie Hagan
4: Michael Swift
5: Bernie Upton
6: Mike McCarthy
7: Johnny O’Connor
8: John Muldoon (captain)

16: Adrian Flavin
17: Brett Wilkinson
18: Andrew Browne
19: Mike McComish
20: Frank Murphy
21: Ian Keatley
22; Aidan Wynne

Michael Bradley has taken an axe to last weeks team and made multiple changes. The biggest positive for Connacht is that Ta'auso is fit. Negatives are the inclusion of Duffy, Bibo, Matthews, Nathan, Nikora, Loughney, Swift and Muldoon at 8!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 2 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
CONNACHT:
15: Gavin Duffy
14: Liam Bibo
13: Niva Ta'auso
12: Keith Matthews
11: Troy Nathan
10: Miah Nikora
9: Conor O'Loughlin
1: Ronan Loughney
2: Sean Cronin
3: Jamie Hagan
4: Michael Swift
5: Bernie Upton
6: Mike McCarthy
7: Johnny O'Connor
8: John Muldoon (captain)

16: Adrian Flavin
17: Brett Wilkinson
18: Andrew Browne
19: Mike McComish
20: Frank Murphy
21: Ian Keatley
22; Aidan Wynne

Michael Bradley has taken an axe to last weeks team and made multiple changes. The biggest positive for Connacht is that Ta'auso is fit. Negatives are the inclusion of Duffy, Bibo, Matthews, Nathan, Nikora, Loughney, Swift and Muldoon at 8![/b]

Right. so I have to get this clear in my mind. This is one of the matches they expect to push themselves to iwn or at least come close...so they drop Keatley, Murphy and Wilkinson and no sign of Carr...which bascially makes up 50% of the decent players in their squad.

Usually I'll give 'the Gaffer' the benefit of the doubt. But I'm sick to death of Bradley pulling this crap. Somebody just sack him and get it over with.

Brilliant. Love to see the Dragons win, and this could be a good 'un, what with Connacht's threee best players dropped.

Mind you, Tovey isn't playing. Jason Tovey is THE FUTURE. And, quite possibly, THE PRESENT.

23-10 final score.

Joe Bearman was outstanding. He's definatly put him name onto the Wales squadlist.

Bearman impressed me against Munster last week as well, but as a 30 year old Englishman I'm unsure about having him in the Welsh squad.

Understand where you are coming from Cyril. But at the end of the day, we should be picking the best players available, afterall he's still young enough to make the world cup. He's been soooo good for sooo long now. In a team usually going backwards, and with verry little other ball carriers, Bearman does what very few other players can. He makes the kinda groud Powell does, but does so without f**king everything else up. He also get's through much more work at the breakdown and in defense. That means I'd have him in my AI squad instead of Powell. Maybe a backrow of:

06 Bearman
07 Dafydd Jones
08 Ryan Jones

That could quite possibly offer everything needed, as all three are good on the ground, and all three can carry very effectively. It'd probably be my choice at the moment.

i think the game wasnt very entertaining but the Connacht backroom staff are lovely
we got free Powerade haha

Latest posts