• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Driving Tests

S

SaintsFan_Webby

So a couple of weeks ago I took and passed my driving test, and I was pretty pleased with myself for only getting 3 minor faults.

Now I'm interested to know if I actually did that well, or have most people passed first time with a low number of errors?

And yes this is a place you can show off about it.

Also, I can't afford one at the moment, but would anyone like to recommend a decent first car? Something small, cheapish and reliable is the name of the game.

That is all.

Thoughts?

a Hyundai Getz is perfect for English roads and budget... Top Gear said it... :p

I passed my test first time with 2 minors....

but that was some time ago :(

I drove a old Fiesta, then a Corsa, now have a 206

Firstly congratulations, I hope I join your kind soon.

Secondly - how do you compose yourself before said test?

I'm still learning, so I cannot say how I done.

I have got a Fiesta at the moment & they are one of the cheapest cars to get parts for.

[/b]

Well make sure you practice all your manouvres in the time you get beforehand. Just to reassure yourself that you can do them all reasonably well.

Other than that you just have to be confident in your ability. I was very nervous while I was waiting to start, but once you actually get out on the road the time flies past.

Just keep your eyes open and use common sense; the examiner won't have any reason to fail you.

And make sure you unlock the car door before trying to get in. That one took me a second to work out at the beginning, I was concentrating so hard on everything else I had to do.

And make sure you unlock the car door before trying to get in. That one took me a second to work out at the beginning, I was concentrating so hard on everything else I had to do.
[/b]
:lol2tn:
That would of been an automatic fail, If I was the examiner! :bleh!:

First off, congratulations Webby.

I took my licence inSA soon after I turned 18 and passed it first time(but then again I've been driving vehicles on the farm since I was 11)

I had to do my licence here in England to and after 4 lessons from a driving school , and a couple with a mate of mine I passed that first time with only two errors!

As for a good first car the only obvious suggestion I have is that it's small, cheap and not brand new.

[/b]

This might sound silly but it works - Trust me, things like this works for people like Tiger Woods and even Johnny Wilko uses similar techniques. At night time before you go to sleep, close your eyes and relax, then start off by imagining yourself on the day of the test, see yourself and the instructor get into the car and you doing the test while he instructs you what you need to do, imagine it all going perfectly, take special note about how calm you are and see yourself in the way that you would like to ideally complete the test. (obviously don't have to go into details about manoevres etc, just enough detail to recognise the positive outcome) then go to sleep. You will see the benefits when you actually take the test.

Another technique you can use is smells. If you have a specific smell that evokes particular memories of safety and calmness you could have it in the car when you take the test. If you don't have a smell that brings memories to mind you could create one easily by having a specific smell around while doing the imagery exercise I told you about above. Of course none of this will work unless you practice as well.

down here in new zealand was easy, i passed no problem

learners i had 1 scratchy mistake (noticed about 1/2 way through i could actually see the ticks that i needed shhh dont tell anyone :D passed on the verbal so that was no problem with my learners.

then i had my restricted test. i had about 10 lessons before going through had one problem and that was just scanning the roads. so passed that no problem

then came my full

i went in and paid for it and it turned up in the mail a few days later!

I've only done my learners, can't be arsed getting my restricted... could've got it ages ago.

I'm too young to learn to drive, but most people in my year are alot older than me and a couple of sat their tests. A couple passed it, but my friend failed cause of 1 serious - he did 75mph on a 50mph road.

Latest posts